• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Need Suggestion on 2006 CRDe SLx

I drive ford..

Awesome

Need Suggestion on 2006 CRDe SLx

Hey Guys,

I have recently purchased 2006 CRDe Slx Scropio, I have an inquiry about the Turbo. My car gives out a noise as if air pressure is leaking at around 1800rpm, is this Trubo kicking in? This is audible in narrow lanes with buildings on both sides. I had checked this with A.S.S and got a complete service done, A.S.S guys have informed me that the SUV is in good running condition and there are no issues found. The car has completed 55k kms, I am second owner. Completed 2K kms in 30 days already, I am totally enjoying the ride, but need to know if Turbo has issues, is there way to determine it?

Thanks!

StarScream
      You don't say...!!!

Awesome

I think, that is the turbo.

Tagging TOAoGH Bigshots Ironhide shishirbn
      www.WordWorld.pw
      www.NFSpoet.blogspot.com
      www.facebook.com/NFSzone
      www.MeAgainstWords.blogspot.com

"Cogito Ergo Sum"

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kumar.nithesh View Post
      My car gives out a noise as if air pressure is leaking at around 1800rpm, is this Trubo kicking in?
      The answer is your question itself, the turbo is spooling at 1800rpm

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by kumar.nithesh View Post
      Hey Guys,

I have recently purchased 2006 CRDe Slx Scropio, I have an inquiry about the Turbo. My car gives out a noise as if air pressure is leaking at around 1800rpm, is this Trubo kicking in? This is audible in narrow lanes with buildings on both sides. I had checked this with A.S.S and got a complete service done, A.S.S guys have informed me that the SUV is in good running condition and there are no issues found. The car has completed 55k kms, I am second owner. Completed 2K kms in 30 days already, I am totally enjoying the ride, but need to know if Turbo has issues, is there way to determine it?
      Loose turbo or inter-cooler hose pipe ... please get it checked.

This has happened couple of time with my safari, turbo hose pipe got loose once from turbocharger's end and once from inter-cooler.
      My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

I drive ford..

Awesome

Hey guys!

I have completed few hundred kms and I am enjoying every bit of this beast!! The issue which I had reported was actually diagnosed; it seems that the fan blades are creating the noise. I had taken the SUV to A.S.S but was not satisfied with the response, so had taken the SUV to a mech. near my locality who services TATA SUV and M&M's. First, we had a long test ride, Mech, confirmed that there is an abnormal sound and asked me to get the car on Sunday as he would be free and he would have a through check of the SUV.

First, we took the car to a very steep incline, he disconnected water pump belt, took test a drive, I had a huge smile on my face, was happy that the issue was not with Turbo, I was able to hear the fine tune of turbo kicking in and engine was much smoother, then went to his garage.

We removed the tension bearings and checked for play, it was fine and then we had a same model Scorpio in his garage which had come for accidental repairs, we swapped the fan with the clutch it comes with, test drive and we were happy….. I need to get the fan and clutch assembly it comes with changed. As my mech. was free he adjusted the tappets, checked all hoses, vacuum pipes and suggested few points to maintain SUV.

Thanks for all the inputs provided…

Finally three weeks of worries taken off in just an hour!!!!!

Well spent Sunday!!!!!!!

Thanks

I drive ford..

Awesome

Hey guys,

My beast had already covered 6k kms after I acquired it; I am totally in love with it. But, an issue has cropped up. After a long drive I parked the SUV for two days without starting it, when I wanted to take it for a drive I checked the coolant level in the radiator, a lot of coolant came out from the radiator cap as if pressure was locked in the radiator. Being parked for 2 days, with a cold engine; radiator is not supposed to have this kind of pressure.
      I had checked this with my mech. I have not experienced any heating issues with/without AC. Mech. confirmed the head gasket was fine. No drop is average or performance. No coolant leakage either.

Inputs much appreciated.

Thanks!

Thread Information