• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused between the Fortuner 4x4 MT, New Captiva 2.2 AT LTZ or do i buy a passat?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Confused between the Fortuner 4x4 MT, New Captiva 2.2 AT LTZ or do i buy a passat?

Hi friends,
      I am a lawyer based in Delhi. Looking to buy a car/suv for personal use in the 20-30lakh range.

I was pretty convinced to buy the fortuner as it is one of the most reliable vehicles and ofcourse toyota product.

But, then someone told me about the new Captiva and hence i visited the nearest dealer. It seems to be a good car and has additional features over the fortuner such as the Sunroof, Automatic AWD, Auto Level suspension, electronic handbrake etc... basically in the inside it seems a lot more sophisticated than the innova like fortuner.

Though at the same time we cannot ignore that the Fortuner has a great road presence, one of its kind. I think very superior to its other competitors on the road.

Ahhh.. and here I am very confused... My height is 6'3 so need a comfortable car. I would be driving it myself all the time also more interested in a 4x4 since it will be able to satisfy my passion for driving in the etc..
      I am open to buy a car too and think passat is one which fits my requirements (since superb is due for a facelift this year).

Your advice will be great help to me, please post.

Thanks

Crazy guy!

Awesome

Re: Confused between the Fortuner 4x4 MT, New Captiva 2.2 AT LTZ or do i buy a passat?

Sir, it would be nice if you could tell us more about the road conditions you travel in, no of kms in city traffic and in highways.

And also what exactly are your requirments?
      A luxury vehicle or something which can take a lot of abuse?

Resident Visitor
      You ask any ricer, any serious
      ricer. It doesn't matter if
      the other guy is racing or
      not. A win is a win

Awesome

If you want sophistication - Passat.

SUV image, macho man feel, Off road requirements - Fortuner
      Jesus had a Honda.. John 12:49: 'For I did not speak of my own Accord'

2015 Maruti Alto K10 | 2012 Honda City | 2014 Mercedes Benz B180 CDI | 2008 Skoda Octavia

Secret

your primary decision should be to sort out your confusion. your choice is across segments.

if you were choosing between Fortuner 4X4 and the Endeavour 4X4, it would be sensible.

what is your need out of this vehicle?
      www.codereddy.wordpress.com

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by aman.pwr View Post
      Though at the same time we cannot ignore that the Fortuner has a great road presence, one of its kind. I think very superior to its other competitors on the road.
      Our interest towards car's appearance remains alive only till we don't own it, once we buy and use it for significant time, the outer appearance becomes normal for us but what matters in the long term is the inside feel and the driving dynamics, how comfortable you feel driving the car. So keep the preference in right sequence, keep the car's inside feel on top than outer feel. if you felt better inside Captiva than you should seriously think about that because after couple of months, you may start feeling bored inside Fortuner as you have already been in Captiva and liked that as well.

I am open to buy a car too and think passat is one which fits my requirements
      First decide what exactly you want! If you are going to do lot off offroading or going to face lot of bad roads than restrict yourself towards SUVs otherwise car will be car and will be more comfortable compared to SUVs on plain city roads and on highways. 4X4 has nothing to do with driving passion as far as you are not a passionate offroad enthusiast.
      Last edited by Jack Sparrow; 9th Jan 2013 at 17:49.

Awesome

To begin with I would like to heartily thank all of you for taking out time and replying to my post.

As you people have pointed out that I should narrow down my preferences to at least whether I need a SUV or a Car. I totally agree with you all, but, to be true I was looking for any suitable vehicle in the 20-30 lakh price range. Irrespective of being a car/suv.
      Most of my driving is going to be in the city of Delhi and on an average I will be driving 2100Kms a month or say about 60-70 kms a day. I intend to keep the car for atleast 5-6 years (since I normally maintain my cars well).

Since Im still in my 20's (young in the legal profession) and fond of traveling whenever I get a chance to, I thought a SUV would be more of driving pleasure whenever I get out of the city (no off roading but surely many trips to the hills).

So, if, as of now, we exclude the passat then I am still left to choose between the fortuner and the new captiva 2.2. And will the launch of Chevrolet Trailblazer due in near future? How much sense does it make to buy the Captiva if Trailblazer is launched sometime soon?

I will be grateful to your advice, personal opinions are welcome while comparing the fortuner and captiva.
      Thanks
      Last edited by aman.pwr; 9th Jan 2013 at 22:50.

"Growing old is
      compulsory - growing up is
      optional"

Awesome

Since Im still in my 20's (young in the legal profession)
      Young Gentle man so I think you will be on the nerves for driving always. So I think at this age you should be looking out for Driver's car rather that Chauffeur Driven.

FORTUNER: Its the big daddy of present days SUV in India.

1) BIG Size and quite not practical for everyday city use.
      2) High Stans and not a car for cornering. We usually tend to take turns at high speeds at this age.
      3) If you will be doing some decent high way travelling and yeah you are from Delhi you will may be frequently travelling to Leh Ladak and few places here and there. Having a 4x4 will come into
      the picture at that time.
      4) Over all as all say MACHO MAN effect.

PASSAT: Gentle mans car.

1) Not a SUV and though it has all the gizmos and unbelievable features it will always miss the extra punch of a SUV.
      2) And who does not know about the VW dealership and service history and their attitude towards customers.
      3) They think that they are doing some big help to people by selling cars.
      4) No doubt the all new PASSAT is a hell of a car for it features or things they have put into. No need to mention those Day Light Running Lights looks killer and everyone appreciates the
      taste of the owner.
      5) What ever it is its just a CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR..........

CAPTIVE : Its like MAFIA - Bad Boy in a Suit

1) It does everything a SUV can but its just gentle and cannot be abused as SUV though it can do everything.
      2) I really love the way we can get in and get out of the car. According to me this is the best thing about the car. I never felt more comfy in any other car.
      3) Its in-between a Super Sedan and Macho SUV stans and just ideal for even cornering.
      4) Again as per my view the new Face of Captive is really appealing and makes the car look more and more up marketed.
      5) I just love the Sunroofs given in CAPTIVA or CRUZE.

There are no other challenging products at that price.
      If the budget is a in the next level you have the Freelander, XC60, X3, Q3 and the list continues.

I am not how much this helped you out but one thing i can suggest is Go for a Driver's car as I am sure you will be driving you Life out in these years.

All the best and will wait to see your decision.
      " LIFE Starts at the END of your Comfort Zone "

"Growing old is
      compulsory - growing up is
      optional"

Awesome

Forgot to mention

We have JEEP coming to India this year but again we have it only on Papers.
      " LIFE Starts at the END of your Comfort Zone "

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Black-Knight View Post
      Young Gentle man so I think you will be on the nerves for driving always. So I think at this age you should be looking out for Driver's car rather that Chauffeur Driven.

FORTUNER: Its the big daddy of present days SUV in India.

1) BIG Size and quite not practical for everyday city use.
      2) High Stans and not a car for cornering. We usually tend to take turns at high speeds at this age.
      3) If you will be doing some decent high way travelling and yeah you are from Delhi you will may be frequently travelling to Leh Ladak and few places here and there. Having a 4x4 will come into
      the picture at that time.
      4) Over all as all say MACHO MAN effect.

PASSAT: Gentle mans car.

1) Not a SUV and though it has all the gizmos and unbelievable features it will always miss the extra punch of a SUV.
      2) And who does not know about the VW dealership and service history and their attitude towards customers.
      3) They think that they are doing some big help to people by selling cars.
      4) No doubt the all new PASSAT is a hell of a car for it features or things they have put into. No need to mention those Day Light Running Lights looks killer and everyone appreciates the
      taste of the owner.
      5) What ever it is its just a CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR..........

CAPTIVE : Its like MAFIA - Bad Boy in a Suit

1) It does everything a SUV can but its just gentle and cannot be abused as SUV though it can do everything.
      2) I really love the way we can get in and get out of the car. According to me this is the best thing about the car. I never felt more comfy in any other car.
      3) Its in-between a Super Sedan and Macho SUV stans and just ideal for even cornering.
      4) Again as per my view the new Face of Captive is really appealing and makes the car look more and more up marketed.
      5) I just love the Sunroofs given in CAPTIVA or CRUZE.

There are no other challenging products at that price.
      If the budget is a in the next level you have the Freelander, XC60, X3, Q3 and the list continues.

I am not how much this helped you out but one thing i can suggest is Go for a Driver's car as I am sure you will be driving you Life out in these years.

All the best and will wait to see your decision.
      Thank you for the reply "Mr. Black Knight"... I am myself very convinced to buy the captiva, therefore share the same opinion as you. Everything else i.e. the jeep, freelander etc are out of my budget. I guess I will go for the Captiva 2.2. It only that family and friends are advising for the Fortuner considering the reliability of the brand Toyota.
      However, the features offered in the captiva are unparalleled in this range.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Fortuner ride comfort is pathetic and its one of the worst in the segment, if you are looking for a comfortable then think twice before choosing Fortuner.

Captiva is better in that segment, you may also want to look at Pajero Sports which is even better than these 2.
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information