• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Photo Prints: bringing pic into real world

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

Photo Prints: bringing pic into real world

hi friends,

can anybody help me in getting good photo prints in Bangalore? i did try Printo couple of times but was not satisfied with the results.
      here are couple of pics i got the prints for last. colours on monitor and on printed pics are different.

Name:  39490_10150232400130315_3300587_n.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  83.5 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	324224_10150760950115315_4743097_o.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	200.9 KB 
ID:	125339

[above are small size pics from fb and not the pics i used for printouts]

these prints are not for photo album but bit bigger that can be used in a frame / display. i know its tricky to get good prints but can anybody help in getting better prints based on your experience!?

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

Global Moderator
      Eindhoven,NL

Awesome

There are bloody loads to things you need to take care of giving such images for print out , to start with your choice of a glossy or a matte finish will affect the results drastically.

The colour issue is because the colour profile that you have used for processing the image is different from the colour profile that is being used by the printer at the studi . this is easily resolved by check with the studio the kind of ICC Profile / color profile they are using for the prints.

IMHO in both the cases a glossy print will simmer down the image , i would have used a matte finish for both of these , and please give the studio the highest quality version you have with the details of the profile u used for the colour .

Please ensure that the colour profile on your camera , your workstation and the studio are in sync for the best results .

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by HELLSTAR View Post
      IMHO in both the cases a glossy print will simmer down the image , i would have used a matte finish for both of these ,
      i have got the matte finishes.. couple of them on photo paper and two of them on white card board kinda material.

Quote Originally Posted by HELLSTAR View Post
      please give the studio the highest quality version you have with the details of the profile u used for the colour .
      hi HELLSTAR .. i did not get what you mean by colour profile. both the images were processed in Adobe Lightroom. i am not aware as to what can we refer to as colour profiles.
      also can you suggest a studio that can get good photo prints [like gkvale or somebody]?

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

Global Moderator
      Eindhoven,NL

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhpistorqintorpm View Post
      i did not get what you mean by colour profile. both the images were processed in Adobe Lightroom. i am not aware as to what can we refer to as colour profiles.
      well colour profiles are how each device sees different colors , easiest thing i can relate this to is WB , just like WB affects the way the camera sees white , the colour profiles control the way the camera sees various colours .

I think the most common profiles you would find are the Adobe RGB and sRGB, you can find them on the colour settings under Edit option in Adobe Photoshop. You will also find them the the advanced printer options while printing a file , and also on the advanced settings on your workstation's display adaptor

So unless your camera colour profile matches your monitor profile the colour reproduction will not be 100 % accurate , and unless you have processed your image using the right colour profile , and this profile matches which the profile which the printer is using the colour will not be as you saw when you too the photo.

I think the below website , describes this more elegantly than what i have done , so have a look and do explore to the other links as well .

Color Management Introduction

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Try Zoomin

Thread Information