In Bhai We Trust

Awesome

Iveco Fire Engine - Back to Front or Front to back

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backfrontlarge-1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	126080

Fire engine...or push-me-pull-you? Word reaches Biglorryblog that Iveco and Allison Transmission are together ensuring fire security in Russia with unique double-ended Chelnok fire trucks fitted with reverse motion and Allison fully-automatic transmissions for the Sochi Winter Olympics in 2014. The PSA-T and PSA Chelnok double-headed fire trucks are equipped with a unique reversing system and have been chosen to stand guard at Russia's Sochi Winter Olympics site. The trucks themselves were jointly developed by the Italian truck maker and Vargashi with the support of Allison. A Trakker 4x4 chassis fitted with an Allison 4000 Series fully automatic transmission is matched with the special fire-fighting body supplied by the Vargashi Factory to create the first double cabin fire engines designed and built in Russia. The second cabin allows the new fire trucks to move through a tunnel without having to turn around, which has shown to be an invaluable asset in emergency rescue work. The PSA Chelnok vehicle was presented at the 2012 Integrated Safety and Security exhibition, where it attracted great interest from visitors and exhibitors. The PSA Chelnok fire engine is a rescue shuttle intended to provide first response, aid as well as the gathering and evacuation of victims in emergency situations in tunnels. Thanks to its unique qualities, this vehicle has aroused a lot of interest not only from rescue services but also from Sochi construction companies, who are planning to use PSA Chelnoks in bridge construction.

Name:  backfront small1.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  73.4 KB

The PSA-T fire trucks deliver fire-fighting, rescue equipment, and suppression tools to the scene of an incident. These vehicles can carry 4,000 litres of water and 2,500 litres of foaming agent. Ventilation equipment protects the crew of five people from harsh smoke. The PSA-T fire engine presented at the 2011 Integrated Safety and Security exhibition has already undergone testing in Sochi, where many tunnels are being built as part of new road construction in the run-up to the 2014 Winter Olympics. One of the main advantages of these new Iveceo vehicles is the Allison fully automatic transmission. Thanks to the torque converter and uninterrupted full power shifts these fire trucks provide improved manoeuvrability and faster acceleration in comparison with manual transmission equipped vehicles. This means crew, fire-fighting and rescue equipment will be delivered to the scene faster.

Name:  backfrontsmall2.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  90.1 KB

The Allison auto transmission makes the driver's job significantly easier in the very intense and stressful conditions of rescue work. The driver can concentrate solely on handling the vehicle, without having to worry about changing gears. The Allison electronic controls automatically select the ideal gear for each situation. Iveceo is now offering the Allison 4000 Series transmission installed in the PSA-T vehicle, and as an option on all ranges based on the Trakker platform - heavy duty dump trucks, tractor trucks, short log trucks, timber trucks and long timber carriers, pipe trucks, container ships, tankers for transportation of petroleum products, and fire fighting vehicles - with different wheel arrangements. Thanks to advanced electronic controls, Allison fully automatic transmissions adapt to vehicle load and terrain, always selecting the optimum shift points to ensure best utilization of fuel to deliver the required performance.And to tidy it all up nicely BLB can tell you that Allison Transmission is the exclusive supplier of fully-automatic transmissions for the PSA-T and PSA Chelnok fire engines.

Source : Big Lorry Blog
      Pulsar'09 | Swift'11 VDI |Indica'11 DLS| RE CL350
      "If Death Comes before I prove my blood, I promise I'll Kill Death!" - Capt. Vikram Bhatra (Param Vir Chakra)

Daaam I did not know GH had
      this option! :D

Awesome

Wwhen will we get these trucks in India!
      once you have undercover brother there is no other !

<invisible>

Awesome

Nice one.
      That bumper in first picture - much needed for Bangalore kind of traffic. Could makes the truck reach the site much faster.

In Bhai We Trust

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by undecover_bro View Post
      Wwhen will we get these trucks in India!
      They say necessity is the mother of invention. We are so dependent on our drivers that even Automatic Cruise control or lane departure warning system seems technology far ahead! I do not see an immediate future for these trucks here
      Pulsar'09 | Swift'11 VDI |Indica'11 DLS| RE CL350
      "If Death Comes before I prove my blood, I promise I'll Kill Death!" - Capt. Vikram Bhatra (Param Vir Chakra)

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by undecover_bro View Post
      when will we get these trucks in India!
      Why do you want such truck in India, here people don't even give way to emergency vehicles, rather nowadays people have almost forgot how to react when they hear sirens.

We need flying fire-brigades and other flying emergency vehicles to cope with emergencies in Indian conditions.

:)

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
      flying emergency vehicles to cope with emergencies in Indian conditions
      + 1 . On ORR i see the traffic never giving way to sirens from an ambulance. The worst are the yellow-board Tata Indica cab drivers, they are virtually the ambulance chasers and shamelessly follow ambulances so that they can beat the traffic.

As a country, we are yet to learn road etiquettes; and in my opinion they should be a compulsory part of our driving test for DLs

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by thedrive View Post
      As a country, we are yet to learn road etiquettes; and in my opinion they should be a compulsory part of our driving test for DLs
      Does such thing really exist in India?

:)

Awesome

yes it does. I took one and flunked the first time

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by thedrive View Post
      yes it does. I took one and flunked the first time
      Maybe it does, for the sake of formality they took mine test too, but the test is not taken seriously, neither the results are considered strictly while issuing licenses, especially to city transport drivers.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Thats a great innovation keeping in mind the tunnels and its woes.
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information