• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improve Ignition Coil Spark for Petrol

Slow Coach

Awesome

Improve Ignition Coil Spark for Petrol

I had bought a set of Nology Powercore Ignition spark booster for my Suzuki Baleno which is connected to the primary of igntion coil. After buying I realised that it does not work for Suzuki distributor less ignitions because the primary winding is not directly accessible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nology.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	128553

Then it occured to me that my Suzuki Alto 800cc 3 cyl (pre K series) uses a distributor type single coil with electronic ignition module. Connected it & the difference is felt in idle & part throttle.
      Last edited by eapen; 2nd Feb 2013 at 12:22.
      Slow Coach

Slow Coach

Awesome

http://www.nology.com/power.html

It is meant only for petrol Automobiles with Transistorised Ignition where the primary winding of Ignition coil can be accessed.

These are the installation instructions: It should be connected to the primary 0 - 12v of the Ignition coil

Name:	nologyinstrt.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	131248
      Last edited by eapen; 19th Feb 2013 at 16:26.
      Slow Coach

Slow Coach

Awesome

The reason why is does not work for Baleno \ Swift engines is Suzuki dual COP (coil-on-plug) has a transistor inside for switching.

source: Part 1 -Coil-on-Plug (COP) Test. Suzuki Swift/Vitara -Chevy Metro/Tracker

Name:  image_3.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  82.9 KB

1: 12 +Volts
      2: Ground -ve
      3: triggering signal from ECU

Below is a diagrammatic representation of the coil

Name:  Suzuki-ignition-coil-circuit.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  10.1 KB

1. Primary winding
      2. Secondary winding
      3. Transistor
      4. Spark Plug area
      Last edited by venbab; 19th Feb 2013 at 17:35. Reason: Reinsert image file
      Slow Coach

Slow Coach

Awesome

Below is how I connected - to the primary side of HT coil between the +ve & -ve terminals.

Name:	NologyAlto.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	132035
      Last edited by eapen; 26th Feb 2013 at 15:59.
      Slow Coach

Slow Coach

Awesome

I have also connected a Battery Pulser. It mainly serves as a battery desulphator reducing sulphation of the battery by high frequency oscillation. According to the product tech it produces a 1Mhz 1.5v sinewave in the 14v rail to increase spark plug output.

Name:	BatPulser.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	135305
      Slow Coach

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

The Nology is just a condensor to boost the spark at the plugs and has been on the markets in Europe for about 30 years now. As for the Battery Pulser, save your money and have a beer for it. Keeping your battery clean and the occasional trickle charging will keep your battery alive for years.
      The Pulser is some wonder product too good to be true.

Slow Coach

Awesome

We have tried the Battery Pulser in Computer UPS Battery Banks, Generator Batteries, Solar Battery Banks & Electric Buggies found it is making a significant reduction in sulphation & extending the life of batteries. These pulsers are permanently connected to enhance the life.

For proof if you wish I can add the pictures.

For any 'out of the box' ideas there would be opposers. I am not debating all odd ideas are genuine. Read the history of scientists who were inventing/discovering. They were ostracised by majority of the public at their time.

Nology and whole lot of tuning tools might have been available in Europe. When it comes to India, you wouldn't find much takers or market here for modification parts because of fear of damage to the vehicle & financial constraints.
      Last edited by eapen; 30th Mar 2013 at 13:55.
      Slow Coach

the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Checked out their site and I have heard of their spark plugs for my bike but the dealer here stopped selling them....thats as far as I got.

Slow Coach

Awesome

Indian , Brisk spark plugs are sold here Brisk Spark Plugs by Autogas India The silver version is supposedly good -but again the takers are limited compared to established brands such as NGK, BOSCH & CHAMPION

As to your comments that Battery Pulsers do not work, I participate in a US based Solar renewable energy forum Northern Arizona Wind and Sun .
      It is run by no-nonsense electrical & electronics engineers who do not tolerate unscientific statements.

Check this link for my experiments with pulsers Pulse Chargers to Prevent Battery Sulfation? - Page 2

With these Digital Pulsers in place, we have saved good amounts of money in replacement battery costs which could be used to buy crates of beer for gearheads members if our company agreed !

Request to you is before you outright negate the veracity of a statement, question the authenticity.

My official name is Joseph Eapen - I too am from Kerala
      Last edited by eapen; 1st Apr 2013 at 14:16.
      Slow Coach

the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

I know the Brisk sparkplug all too well as I had them in my previous car, a VW Caravelle with the VR6 engine. I got 6 Brisk plugs for the price of 1 original NGK. Brisk is from the czech Republic and was called Iskra in the old days. They now deliver all sensors and modules to VAG. They are the cheapest plugs here in Norway. I bought a set of 6 silver plugs in plugs in Poland for about 20 dollars. They are not well known here but since I knew the good old Iskra, I had no doubts about using them.
      How long do batteries last in India? My battery gets a trashing all winter with the car parked outside in temperatures down to -30 and extreme loading of the battery and it lasts me about 5-6 years. My old battery is actually being used by a friend in a car without as much equipement as in mine. My maintainace goes to keeping the top of the battery clean and the occasional trickle charging in the winter. The owner of the battery you osted here is asking for trouble. Moisture collects on the dirt and oil and dischargews the battery. This is basic battery care. The battery is the heart of any engine. I would think that in hot weather the water evaporates and seldom replenished and drivers know they have a problem only when the car will not start one day. This is how clean mine is kept

Name:	battery.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	981.9 KB 
ID:	136999
      Last edited by Indian; 1st Apr 2013 at 16:49.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information