• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why don't the rear windows on Ford Figo roll down completely?

www.reflecton.in

Awesome

Why don't the rear windows on Ford Figo roll down completely?

Hi Gearheads,

We went for a trip recently on my friends Ford Figo and the rear windows on the Figo are really a pain in the wrong place, as it doesnt roll down completely.

We were in the rear seats and felt almost suffocated.

It doesnt rolldown more than 50%.

When I asked my friend about it , he simply replied with a saddened look that it was a safety feature and cannot be turned off.

Can someone help us with this.

We need to turn this horrible thing off, even if its a safety feature.

Also I have observed that there are a few other cars which have this feature too.

Last edited by Digital Vampire; 20th Feb 2013 at 14:36.
      Torquoholic

www.reflecton.in

*1978 Yezdi B Model *1984 Hero Honda CD 100 *Ariel Red Hunter 1947*2000 Suzuki Fiero * 2004 HH Karizma 1993 Yezdi RoadKing 2001 Yamaha RX 135 5 Speed*Suzuki Zen(Sold)*Suzuki Esteem*Lambretta*Bajaj Chetak*LML Vespa*Enfield Silver Plus * Suzuki SS80

StarScream
      You don't say...!!!

Awesome

If it's restricted because there is no space in the door lower part to roll down the glass, you're stuck; which I think is the main reason.

Otherwise, you could try a new PW motor.
      Am not sure what PW' motors are used: are they steppers?
      www.WordWorld.pw
      www.NFSpoet.blogspot.com
      www.facebook.com/NFSzone
      www.MeAgainstWords.blogspot.com

GEARHEAD
      Arise, awake and Stop not till
      the goal is reached

Awesome

In some cars the design of the rear door doesn't allow the rear window to roll down fully as the window will hit the lower profile of the door (wheel arch on the rear of the door). A quarter glass is provided on the rear door of some cars (as provided in swift) to allow the window to roll down fully.
      Donate BLOOD Save Lives

"Omelette du
      fromage"

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by NFSpoet View Post
      If it's restricted because there is no space in the door lower part to roll down the glass, you're stuck; which I think is the main reason.
      Exactly! It is due to space constrains of the door design.
      Quote Originally Posted by NFSpoet View Post
      Otherwise, you could try a new PW motor.
      Am not sure what PW' motors are used: are they steppers?
      Rear windows on a Figo are 'Hand' powered, even in the Titanium variant. Yea, another safety feature
      Ford Figo TDCi ZXI May '12 | Hyundai Accent CRDi Nov '05 | Honda Unicorn Mar '10 | Hero Honda Passion Sept '02

www.reflecton.in

Awesome

hi all,

FYI

This car has only front PW.

The rear windows have to be rolled down manually.
      Torquoholic

www.reflecton.in

*1978 Yezdi B Model *1984 Hero Honda CD 100 *Ariel Red Hunter 1947*2000 Suzuki Fiero * 2004 HH Karizma 1993 Yezdi RoadKing 2001 Yamaha RX 135 5 Speed*Suzuki Zen(Sold)*Suzuki Esteem*Lambretta*Bajaj Chetak*LML Vespa*Enfield Silver Plus * Suzuki SS80

Forum Leader
      Diesel till I die!

Awesome

Its advertised as a safety feature, but its more likely a design problem because of the lack of storage for the window to roll down. They could have solved it, but, probably would have pushed three costs up and their profits down.
      I don't mind, the car is usually used as a 2seater or 2adults plus kids in the back. In combination with the child lock, I do actually have peace of mind knowing that my mildly hyperactive sons can't cause trouble.
      Why would you want to roll down the rear windows anyway? I just use the AC.
      Last edited by Ripper; 19th Feb 2013 at 17:55.
      Please subscribe to the #Cochin hashtag for notifications on the Cochin meets.

_

Awesome

Re: Ford Figo Rear window Issues.

I have rolled down my rear windows only a couple of times in my 25000 kms of travelling. Its not a big problem to regret.

Wow

Awesome

6k done, and I have never rolled down my rear windows till date... I am even planning to remove the rollers, so that no one would use it... I really dont see a usage of rolling down the rear windows when Figo gives you the best in class AC... just my thoughts...

ghost06
      Just BeYourself.....

Sign the petition to allow Annual Tax for Non-KA vehicles in Karnataka: http://goo.gl/Gyl2Of

Sedate...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Torquoholic View Post
      Ford Figo Rear window Issues.
      First of all is it an issue? The Title gives some other meaning.
      Request you to come up with some other Title which match the post.
      EDIT :- I modified the Title.

We went for a trip recently on my friends Ford Figo and the rear windows on the Figo are really a pain in the wrong place, as it doesnt roll down completely.

We were in the rear seats and felt almost suffocated.
      Bangalore is windy/breezy now a days. Even though the rear windows are not rolled down completely, still you will get enough air flow inside.
      Otherwise you should have asked to roll down the front windows completely.
      Figo does have a good a/c & one of the best compressor in the Hatchback segment. You should have asked to switch on the a/c or atleast the fan.

It doesnt rolldown more than 50%.

When I asked my friend about it , he simply replied with a saddened look that it was a safety feature and cannot be turned off.

It is a design restriction as the rear wheel arches doesn't allow to roll down the rear windows completely.

Now, why there is no rear power windows?
      Answer is that to roll down a big rear window like what we have in Figo, a bigger rotor is required. Even with that we cannot roll down the window completely cos of the design restriction.

If Ford should have gone for rear power windows which cannot be rolled down completely, they won't be able to Price Figo in a way as it is now.
      Then the people who are complaining about the lack of rear power windows in Figo now won't justify it saying why we have to pay extra for a rear power window which won't roll down completely.
      Last edited by Evolution88; 20th Feb 2013 at 08:37.
      2010 Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - CODE 6 Tuned - Our Colorado Queen :-)
      2012 Skoda Laura Ambiente 2.0 TDI DSG - Our Czech Princess :-)
      "Taking your seat is so easy. Leaving it, however, never is." :-) - Courtesy BMW 3 Series

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

We need to turn this horrible thing off, even if its a safety feature.
      Torquoholic - It's not a safety feature at all. The rear window cannot be rolled down completely on the Figo and that's because of the nature of the design and the wheel arches would prevent the window from completely being rolled down. And that's the reason as to why you don't get power window switches as well and it's a manual handler that you get. One route by which Ford could get away from this problem is by re-designing the rear window framework. They could have a quarter panel glass and then the the window could be rolled down completely. But I don't see it as a major issue unless the rear seats are occupied more than 50% of the vehicle's driving times and that the rear passengers prefer 'fresh air' to an AC.
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information