• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Sail Sedan

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Chevrolet Sail Sedan

Good Evening Friends,

My brother is willing to go for the new Sail Sedan Petrol Version (Rs. 4.99 Lacs). I would like to know about the car more in deep so that I can assist and suggest him if the car is worth buying or can he look forward for any alternate option. Though I had a test drive of the car to find it comfortable and WOW spacious enough. I am ok with it but would like to take reviews and suggestions from the experience holders of the Chevrolet vehicles here in the forum.

Waiting for your inputs.

Regards,

M.S. Girish
      09871-987-980
      M.S.Girish - 08142-565-355

A modern car is like a medicine that's thrown away when it expires, A classic car is like Cognac, the more it ages, more good it gets!

Crazy guy!
      Meh!

Secret

MSGirish1979
      Hope this review helps
      It is about the hatch back and i think the motors in the hatch and sedan are the same
      Chevrolet Sail UVA Petrol and Diesel Review

Practice does not make something perfect.
      Practice makes it permanent.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

I have heard positive reviews of this car, but personally, I yet to experience it. If public demand is anything to go by, it is already selling in good number and kind of growth it is showing, it might become #1 performer for Chevy in no time.

If you have had a change to test drive, I'd request you to write a test drive review. No one in this community owns Sail Sedan - your review will definitely be helpful.

mclaren1885, would it make sense to create a Sail Sedan section? I currently see that with Sail / UVA / Aveo. I am tempted to post the price and other details for Sail Sedan. Seeing the popularity of it, it might be of some use to few users.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Chevrolet Sail Sedan : On Road Price List

Name:  Banner (Custom).jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  8.7 KB
      Name:  chevrolet-sail-preview-main-31122012_560x420.jpg
Views: 1709
Size:  47.3 KB
      Chevrolet announced its much awaited Sail Sedan on 1st February with the price of petrol base model starting from 4.99L. There are currently 4 available models of Sedan Petrol and 4 models of Sedan Diesel. They are named as Base, LS, LS ABS and LT ABS respectively for Petrol and Diesel variant. All the petrol models have 1198cc displacement, whereas the Diesel variant comes with 1248cc.

In this post, we'll look at details around this new offering from Chevrolet:

Name:  Car prices list Sail Sedan.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  175.4 KB

Available color options are:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Color options Sail Sedan.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	134645

High level overview of features are quoted below. Link to download the official brochure is given towards the end of the post which will allow you to download it from Chevrolet website.

Name:  Various Models Features.png
Views: 1340
Size:  36.8 KB

Please find the download link for brochure of Sail Sedan :

Petrol Diesel
      Name:  Download_button (Custom).png
Views: 1153
Size:  176.8 KB Name:  Download_button (Custom).png
Views: 1153
Size:  176.8 KB
      Last edited by rksingh1; 14th Mar 2013 at 01:21.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Thanks for this thread rksingh1

Diesel sedan under 8L!!! Great pricing there by GM, however looks like this model also plagued by their poor marketing

With Chevrolet full maintenance plan this should sell like hot cakes, I don't understand why GM is not marketing this product aggressively
      Pr_007 was contemplating to buy this, what's the status Pritish?
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

β€œThe auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

One interesting point I see in the pricing of the sail sedan is that the difference between lowest and highest price.

1.2 petrol base model is priced at around 5.45 lakh whereas top end diesel is priced at around 8.35 lakhs in Delhi. In Bangalore, the difference is on little higher side being at more than 3 lakhs.
      Last edited by Jack Sparrow; 13th Mar 2013 at 23:11.

"Cogito Ergo Sum"

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
      this should sell like hot cakes
      IMO Way too under-powered, should have been atleast 90PS on the diesel one, could be a downer for most of the people who do a TD and decide against it

Cruising in a truck

Hungry

The top sedan in this segment has a 75bhp power rating - Swift Dzire and there is another underpowered sedan in this segment - Ford Fiesta Classic.

So power wise, its not too bad. Question is, how aggresively GM markets and promotes this car. The interiors also seem a bit dull, going by pics and seeing the one on hatchback version. I think only Toyota Etios has a worse/equally bad interior looks.

Anyways, will be going to their showroom sometime next week to check out the vehicle. Its BENCH time for me from next week
      Trucking at 115kph

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

I liked this vehicle.

While researching on the Internet for this post, I came across the direct competition vehicles of this car and to be honest, it seemed a better packaged one than others. Its one sedan which doesn't look like ballooned version of its hatchback sibling. Even the base model comes packed with features. If you are fine with certain after market works - you wont mind going to base model itself.

I also felt that the Chevrolet, could have done away with LS ABS or LT ABS. They seem little redundant. Ideally should have gone with one base mode, one middle variant and one top with all the features possible. Asking for a sunroof would have been too much for a car from this segment, but GM could have gone for it to stand out from the crowd.

Pricing of this car is absolutely fantastic. There are number of ads for this car in TV and newspaper which means Chevy is doing all that it could to generate response.

Its a car with better offering than other hot-selling car of this segment - Swift Dzire. I just hope people come out of the "Muruti Suzuki mentality" and think of this is a capable alternate solution before zeroing on their future vehicle. Its a car with thumbs up from my side and I'd positively consider this as my future upgrade if I am looking at this segment for same.

Cruising in a truck

Hungry

I took a test drive of the car today, at the Hosur Road showroom.

The Sales personnel were lounging around having a good time and I had to go to them to get someone to attend to me. But once attended, it was a pleasant experience. The sales person was well behaved and answered to the best of his abilities without praising the car too much.

About the car, the following are my likes and dislikes

1) Space. Its very spacious for its segment. I think only the Etios might be more spacious. Manza, is definitely the KING here.
      2) Seats. The seat are a comfortable place to be in. This is compared to the Getz that I own. It almost compares to the Rapid that I drove just yesterday.
      3) Gearshift. Precise and short throw, compared to the Getz, and not too vague feeling like the Rapid.
      4) Brakes. Pretty good, but I didnt do a high speed braking manouver, as is the norm in GH.
      5) Engine. There is almost no lag, and the engine has been tuned to make life easier in City traffic. Picks up speed really well. Does not feel underpowered. Didnt try speeds over 120kmph in the city, but it pulled well till that speed.
      6) AC. The AC was just brilliant. I had kept it at setting 1, but it chilled the cabin.
      7) Boot Space. The boot space is 370ltrs and it has been shaped well.
      8) Rear Seat. The rear seat was comfortable and had a good reclination angle. But, I generally do not sit at the rear, so can't compare with any other car.
      9) Bottle holders and space to keep knick-knacks.
      10) Ride quality. Good ride quality, more towards the comfy side, without too much of the associated roll.
      11) Steering. Light as is the norm now. Not for the enthusiasts, but will go down pretty well with the normal customer.
      12) Refinement. Better than the Etios and the Dzire. Not sure about the Manza, coz I haven't driven it in the past year or so.

Dislikes

1) Interiors. CRAPPY is the word for it. The Dzire interiors looks classy compared to this. Maybe the Etios interiors are the only ones that I felt were worse.
      2) Power window placement. Its in the centre between the front occupants. Dont like this somehow
      3) No MID. Just plain jane speed, rpm, fuel level and odommeter.
      4) Music system. Somehow felt crappy. But better than Etios/Toyota supplied system. Finally found a car with a worse music system than my car.
      5) No steering mounted controls even on top-end. Not sure if the Dzire has it, but I certainly felt the need for it.

Overall, a nice car, but I ended up wondering if this is what a customer gets for close to 10 lakhs (LT ABS 9.2lakhs on -road).

I somehow ended up thinking that the Ford Fiesta CLassic still remains a good buy, inspite of the new entries. The Fiesta Classic feels a much classier and better car (except for D-engine).
      Trucking at 115kph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information