• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PUC validity for new cars is 1 year now ( Delhi )

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

PUC validity for new cars is 1 year now ( Delhi )

If you have bought your car or two-wheeler after March 31, 2010, you will not have to queue up to get the emission level check of your vehicle every three months.

While making emission norms stringent for all vehicles manufactured to conform to Bharat Stage 4 (BS4) -- and registered on or after April 1, 2010 -- the ministry of road transport and highways has increased the validity of pollution under control certificate to 12 months.

Vehicles registered before April 1, 2010, however, will continue to get emission level checked and obtain pollution under control (PUC) certificates every three months.

The new rule is likely to benefit almost 14 lakh vehicle owners who bought their vehicles between April 1, 2010 and December 31, 2012. The new arrangement will come into effect from February 23.

According to the ministry officials, a gazette notification was issued on February 23, 2012. The ministry, however, had given one year to all states to upgrade the equipment at pollution checking centres.

Delhi’s transport department officials said in the first year of the purchase of the vehicle, the owner does not have to get a PUC certificate. However, after the first year, obtaining a PUC certificate every three months was mandatory in Delhi. The validity of the PUC certificate in other states was six months.

Officials said the pollution control centres have been told to follow the new rules. “With the government likely to link the PUC certificate with annual vehicle insurance cover, there is likely to be more people abiding by the law,” a senior transport department official said.

PUC validity for new cars is 1 year now - Hindustan Times
      My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

AFAIK, all new vehicles are exempted from pollution check for the first year and all vehicles have to get 6 months validity after the 1styear.
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Punjabiyan di battery charge
      rendi e :)

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
      Thanks bro, did not know this.

Its pain to get pollution check for Diesel engine, atleast I felt so! Either few of them refuse that they donot check for Diesel or they have a long queue.

Now its better and really helpful to have pollution check once a year I will use this info and ensure that I will get validity of one year when my current PUC certificate expires.
      If God solves our problems we trust HIS abilities. If HE does not, HE trusts our abilities.

Spammer™

Secret

PUC centers are a big fat joke in Bangalore. Half the time the equipment there is out of order or you can get one by taking a pic of your number plate to them and they give you a certificate with no hassle. I have done it for my corolla for about 2 years when the car was in Hyderabad.

My question is who really reads the values in India ?, cops see just validity and they dont care about anything else even if your car is emitting thick black smoke.

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
      AFAIK, all new vehicles are exempted from pollution check for the first year and all vehicles have to get 6 months validity after the 1styear.
      In Delhi, As per the old rule - No PUC is required for first 1 year and after that you have renew it after every 3 months.

New Rule - if your vehicle is BS-4 compliant, instead of 3 months, you have to get a new certificate once every year.

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
      you have to get a new certificate once every year
      Hope all the states follow this as suppose to 6 months renew.
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

AutoBots India

Awesome

Nice move. Just got mine done last month so i'm tension free till feb next year. Earlier, i often exceeded the PUC expiry date.
      Last edited by karan22; 21st Mar 2013 at 19:43.

Punjabiyan di battery charge
      rendi e :)

Awesome

AFAIK, all new vehicles are exempted from pollution check for the first year
      I thought new vehicles are exempted for 3 months or 6 months and started getting my Linea's pollution check after 3 months of purchase

all vehicles have to get 6 months validity after the 1styear
      Validity is 3 months in Delhi
      If God solves our problems we trust HIS abilities. If HE does not, HE trusts our abilities.

StarScream
      You don't say...!!!

Awesome

Thanks a ton for this Iron.

Now any idea, which all stations have started providing the 1 year PUC Cert? Have the Vento's date later this month. Also any changes in tariff?

Sir, this means thst the cert will be valid for one year now, instead of three months as they were issued till now..
      Most states have a one year free period, where no PUC is reqd for new vehicles, some 6 months.
      Last edited by NFSpoet; 21st Mar 2013 at 19:50.
      www.WordWorld.pw
      www.NFSpoet.blogspot.com
      www.facebook.com/NFSzone
      www.MeAgainstWords.blogspot.com

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by NFSpoet View Post
      Now any idea, what all stations have started providing the 1 year PUC Cert? Have the Vento's date later this month. Also any changes in tariff?
      I'll check with my friendly neighborhood PUC station guy over the weekend.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information