• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: My White Swift Dzire ZDI - The Bumblebee

Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ramakant View Post
      That's shockingly poor life for the battery. Do you have lots of electronics in the car? Maybe lots of lights and other accessories?
      I own a October 2017 Hyundai Creta SX(O) that has clocked 60,000 kms where the battery died (1 cell defective) in 1 year from purchase. Claimed warranty at Exide through Hyundai and got the replacement battery from Exide. Took that new Exide battery and ran straight to my known battery dealer and exchanged it for an Amaron (68Ah) one. All is good so far with the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by back2u4u View Post
      I have a dash cam which is always connected, one ODB2 Scanner.
      Quote Originally Posted by back2u4u View Post
      It turns on only when the ignition is turned on.
      Do you have a 12V tester pen? Can you check if there is any kind of drainage happening in the circuits? If nothing is found then it could either be a dying battery that isn't capable of holding the charge or the car's charging system needs to be checked.

As you have an OBD II scanner, can you plug it in and check the voltage at idle and at 2,500 RPM?
      Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - Polar White

Brio SMT

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by ramakant View Post
      That's shockingly poor life for the battery. Do you have lots of electronics in the car? Maybe lots of lights and other accessories?
      What is the average life of Battery ? I have read most last less than 4-5yrs. It is not worth anyways using battery which is dying or unreliable.

Life's Boring !!!

Awesome

Chandigarh (Paradise) - Indrapuram (Vertical Slum)
      Quote Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
      Do you have a 12V tester pen? Can you check if there is any kind of drainage happening in the circuits? If nothing is found then it could either be a dying battery that isn't capable of holding the charge or the car's charging system needs to be checked.

As you have an OBD II scanner, can you plug it in and check the voltage at idle and at 2,500 RPM?
      Not sure how to check for a drainage using a tester pen. Will be more than happy to check it if you can guide me.

Will be checking with the OBD II scanner and updating it soon.

Also one point I would like to mention is that all my car chargers are high speed charger i.e. QC3. Not sure if this effects the battery life ? As I have seen the when connected current as high as 2 Amp is pulled from the battery for charging the mobiles. Just the Dashcam pulls .9 to 1.1 amp of current.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KimiRaikkonen View Post
      What is the average life of Battery ? I have read most last less than 4-5yrs. It is not worth anyways using battery which is dying or unreliable.
      I guess that depends upon what we do with the battery. Running the music system and lights without the engine running would kill a battery faster.

If only used for starting the car, a good battery without manufacturing defects should last at least 5 years.

Assuming that the terminals are not allowed to corrode and the wiring has not shorted out and the fuses have not been replaced by metal wires.

Cheap accessories connected improperly tend to draw power even when not in use.

A car electrician is not the person who you want to get for cheap. When dealing with car electricians, doctors and mechanics, we get what we pay for.
      Improperly connected electrics can cause fire. Remember in a car, there is controlled explosion happening inches from your groin area. And don't forget the big fuel tank at your back, and all the highly flammable seat covers and quick burn carpets.

So don't save money on electrical work. Try to be sure that the person doing the wiring and connecting the accessories really knows what he is doing.

Life's Boring !!!

Awesome

Chandigarh (Paradise) - Indrapuram (Vertical Slum)
      Drove the Bumlebee all the way from Chandigarh to Noida today morning. Covered a distance of 270 Km in 4 hours 37 minutes. Did a tank full before starting and then again after completing the journey. Overall Diesel consumed - 9.66 liter costing around 650 Rs. As per tank full to tank full method got an overall mileage of 28.2 km/liter. This almost matched up to the Smart Control Pro ODB2 software. Of all the apps I have used this has been the most consistent. The others that I have are Torque Pro and Dash Command Pro.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190924-104042.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	371.7 KB 
ID:	237764

Name:	Screenshot_20190924-104059.jpg 
Size:	395.7 KB 
ID:	237765

Name:	Screenshot_20190924-104158.jpg 
Size:	751.2 KB 
ID:	237766
      Last edited by back2u4u; 24th Sep 2019 at 14:20.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread Information