• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Autoglym SRP on Black Karizma

AWOL

Awesome

Autoglym SRP on Black Karizma

Here's a review of the AUtoglym Super Resin Polish (SRP).

I got the bottle yesterday was a bit too impatient to try it out Started work as soon as morning light came on!

The tank on my ZMA was an ideal contender. It had some horrible marring after an incident involving a laptop bag and it rubbing on the tank fordfan has seen it in person and it was a horrible sight indeed.

As a prep step, I wiped off the tank with Mr Muscle Kitchen cleaner to remove any wax on the tank and to see how much of a difference SRP can make.

Pic after stripping off all wax:

Autoglym SRP:

After:

SRP covered most of the defects very nicely. A little bit of marring was still visible but that really required UC/M105 to take it out and it was too much for the SRP. GOod news was that it was again very difficult to see with the eye and capture it on camera as well. My best attempt so far:

Took couple of steps back

Topped up the paint with a coat of Meguiars M16 to keep the glaze intact. Results:

Conclusion : A good product, if you manage to get it thanks to their PATHETIC SERVICE. WIll make another thread/post about the buying experience soon.
      Fiat Palio 1.6 S10
      Yamaha RX165 5-Speed | Yamaha RXZ | Yamaha RD350 | HH Karizma | Honda NSR150SP

following a 'Linea'r
      progression

Secret

You couldn't wait - could you?

Thanks for the review. The surface looks still kinda hazy - thanks to the heavy marring & also a very bad orange peel, but the product has done the job good. For that kind of marring you would need a compound to get the surface right.

Did you top it up with an LSP?

AWOL

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
      Thanks for the review. The surface looks still kinda hazy - thanks to the heavy marring & also a very bad orange peel, but the product has done the job good. For that kind of marring you would need a compound to get the surface right.
      The hazy look is because of the camera, its kinda difficult to take good pics when there is low light. Compounding is needed; will do it sometime in the next quarter.

Orange peel cant be helped, pathetic Indian paints

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
      Did you top it up with an LSP?
      Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
      Topped up the paint with a coat of Meguiars M16 to keep the glaze intact. Results:
      Fiat Palio 1.6 S10

www.reflecton.in

Awesome

nice job Sunnyboi

The tank looks nice, Did you do only the tank or the entire body ?
      Torquoholic

www.reflecton.in

*1978 Yezdi B Model *1984 Hero Honda CD 100 *Ariel Red Hunter 1947*2000 Suzuki Fiero * 2004 HH Karizma 1993 Yezdi RoadKing 2001 Yamaha RX 135 5 Speed*Suzuki Zen*Suzuki Esteem*Lambretta*Bajaj Chetak*LML Vespa*

OCD

Awesome

I am seeing SRP coming off in 3 weeks so would be interested in your observation. It is caking up in white lines between door panels. May not be really coming off but some caking is happening. I am keeping a close eye on fordfan's suggestion that once hidden imperfections start re-appearing, it's a sign that the SRP is wearing off. That has not happened yet.
      Drive it like you stole it and Detail it like you own it.

AWOL

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
      I am seeing SRP coming off in 3 weeks so would be interested in your observation. It is caking up in white lines between door panels. May not be really coming off but some caking is happening. I am keeping a close eye on fordfan's suggestion that once hidden imperfections start re-appearing, it's a sign that the SRP is wearing off. That has not happened yet.
      Hardly lasted a day. I had yo keep the bike out in the sun, 6 hours later all the swirls came back.
      Fiat Palio 1.6 S10

live to Detail...am addicted

Awesome

I am seeing SRP coming off in 3 weeks so would be interested in your observation.
      have you got 3 weeks? Only SRP or something else on top? TBH you can expect around a month or so if you are using only SRP and not topping...topping will give some more life to the fillers

It is caking up in white lines between door panels. May not be really coming off but some caking is happening.
      between door panels means in the gaps between doors? and by caking you mean whitish polish residue which becomes visible a few days later?

If it is polish residue / dusting a quick wipe down with QD with similar should remove it without harming the SRP

Actually after polishing one may need to go back later and remove the small quantities of residue which has gotten into the cracks and crevices...a WW/QD will help...in case its really dried out and stuck, APC and toothbrush will help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
      Hardly lasted a day. I had yo keep the bike out in the sun, 6 hours later all the swirls came back.
      is the tank getting some amount of abrasion as in while getting in and out? And any wipedown after application with anything like Eraser or solvent based?

could be you need to apply a little more and maybe work it in a little more this time to let the fillers do the work

TBH with something like SRP i will always top it with something to get the benefit of the fillers for a longer while
      Last edited by fordfan; 8th Apr 2013 at 10:01.

AWOL

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by fordfan View Post
      is the tank getting some amount of abrasion as in while getting in and out? And any wipedown after application with anything like Eraser or solvent based?
      Nope, zero touch. Pushed it outside so that I could use my other bike that day. In the evening all the swirls were back

could be you need to apply a little more and maybe work it in a little more this time to let the fillers do the work
      Trust me, I "worked" the SRP into the

TBH with something like SRP i will always top it with something to get the benefit of the fillers for a longer while
      It was topped up with Meguiars M16, most durable Megs wax ever.
      Fiat Palio 1.6 S10

live to Detail...am addicted

Awesome

Ok if you did top with something then I don't know why the SRP lasted only a day... Should last a good while longer :head scratching:

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Howmany times did you wash your car in those 3 weeks? thinking of getting SRP.

Thanks..

Thread Information