• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Hyundai Santa Fe launch in 2010

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Hyundai Santa Fe launch in 2010

The Hyundai Santa Fe SUV is finally coming to India. The launch is likely to happen this year, according to Hyundai. No clear indication on whether it would be in the next few months or towards the end of the year. This CBU import would be powered by a 2200 cc CRDi (common rail diesel) four cylinder engine which makes 197 hp and has an superb torque of 422 Nm between 1800 to 2500 rpm. The Hyundai Santa Fe also has a V6 engine, but six-cylinder engines are not a recipe for sales success in India, so we don’t expect it to be made available here. 0-100 they claim to reach in 10.7 secs

Price to be around 14-16L. Since this is being bought inside as a replacement for Hyundai TUSCON. There will be a stiff competition for Skoda yeti which is also at the same range. If the price goes above this then chances of failure looms on hyundai. Anyway time will tell everything. Until then enjoy the news and pics.

Name:  2010-hyundai-santa-fe-front.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  13.8 KB

Name:  2010-hyundai-santa-fe-rear.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  12.6 KB

Name:  hyundai-santa-fe-side1.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  11.9 KB

Sources:: different sites from google and pics from dancewithshadows.
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

I wonder if Santa Fe is selling at all. I hardly saw any marketing for Santa Fe and I am not sure if Hyundai made any attempt to sell this vehicle and I wonder know as to why they launched this vehicle in the first place. I think the pricing is around INR 21.00 lacs and believe that Fortuner also costs something around that. So, people prefer Fortuner any day to Santa Fe?
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

Ouroboros
      There is no place like

Secret

I haven't seen much marketing push from HMIL as such for the Santa Fe but the dealers are desperately trying. I'm getting calls from dealers almost every 2 weeks

Comparison with Fortuner: Fortuner may still be a better True 4WD and a head turner but thats just about it. SF is a hoot to drive with a diesel mill to die for. The SF pulls like an electric train in all gears. Its a crying shame that the 3.0L diesel engine in the TFort cannot even hold a candle to the smaller engined SF motor (2.2L). I vividly remember during my test drive a boy racer in a Palio GTX was instantly dismissed to a tiny spec in the RVM during a traffic light drag. Sound insulation is also top notch so much so that I was trying to crank an already started TD vehicle. To sum it up, SF feels like a souped up Tucson but a hugely powerful one at that.

Price: ~26 Lacs OTR for 2WD version and ~28 Lacs OTR for the 4WD version in Bangalore. Not a great pricing IMHO.

My Verdict: I'm completely smitten...3-4 lacs less, it'd have been sharing space with my Tucson already. Still drooling....
      Last edited by Digital Vampire; 14th May 2011 at 10:58.
      CODE6.IN | DigitalVampire.com | XENG.net
      "If there is a god, atheism must seem to god as less of an insult than religion.” --Edmond de Goncour

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

I loved the way the Santa Fe looks. Think I will TD it sometime soon.

Off lately, I have seen a few of them on the roads in Bangalore. If it wasn't for the stupid pricing, it would have done a lot better.

Digital Vampire: I heard that they are planning to come down with a slightly stripped and localized version that will cost a lot lesser?

RX for life

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
      SF is a hoot to drive with a diesel mill to die for. The SF pulls like an electric train in all gears. Its a crying shame that the 3.0L diesel engine in the TFort cannot even hold a candle to the smaller engined SF motor (2.2L). I vividly remember during my test drive a boy racer in a Palio GTX was instantly dismissed to a tiny spec in the RVM during a traffic light drag. Sound insulation is also top notch so much so that I was trying to crank an already started TD vehicle. To sum it up, SF feels like a souped up Tucson but a hugely powerful one at that.
      Happened to see this for the first time on road. never knew such an SUV existed. I got this name only after Digital Vampire mentioned it somewhere.

Man that thing seemed huge to me & it really accelerated like crazy. What is the top speed of this vehicle?

What is the power & top speed of Tucson?
      Team Energy Induction

Ouroboros
      There is no place like

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by karthikdattag View Post
      it really accelerated like crazy
      Yeah. A lot of people don't seem to know about this vehicle. Hyundai R-series 2.2L engine is simply superb...Its without doubt an extremely fast accelerating SUV/X'over and can give a complex to even the best diesel sedans in its price range.

What is the top speed of this vehicle?
      Power: 197 PS, Top Speed: ~190 Kmph

What is the power & top speed of Tucson?
      Stock Power: 113 PS, Stock Top Speed: 165 Kmph
      CODE6.IN | DigitalVampire.com | XENG.net
      "If there is a god, atheism must seem to god as less of an insult than religion.” --Edmond de Goncour

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
      Power: 197 PS, Top Speed: ~190 Kmph
      Now this is called POWER TRAIN !!
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

Thread Information