• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chevy Beat vs Toyota Liva vs Ford Figo

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Chevy Beat vs Toyota Liva vs Ford Figo

Hello GearHeads,

I am planning to buy a new diesel hatchback once I go back to India. Here are my requirements

1) Good exterior and interior looks
      2) Good FE
      3) 85% city driving
      4) The car should have a good driveability with 100% A.C in city
      5) Budget of 5 - 6.5L

After going through extensive reviews, here are my final contenders.

1) Figo
      2) Beat
      3) Liva

My dad had already owned Toyota Innova and so I know a lot about the Toyota dealers and their A.S.S, but I don't know much about Chevy or Ford.
      I am more inclined on buying Beat due to the looks & budget, but I am a little doubtful about the 936 cc engine. Does this have a decent pick up with A.C on? Also anyone had any good or bad experiences with Chevy dealers & A.S.S in Chennai.

Appreciate your feedback and comments.

Gearhead

Hungry

Sirjee, have you checked out interior space, boot space & seats of Beat. Before jumping to any conclusion I would request you to personally check out these aspects. As compared to Figo & Liva, I find Beat a considerably small car.

For point 1 & 2 , Beat is a front runner. But for city driving, I again would urge you to test drive the car. View from driver seat in Beat is not the best around. But then it also depends upon the physical structure of the driver and hence you would be the best judge.

Insearch of an automatic
      sedan/SUV/MUV

Awesome

Smile

1)Good exterior and interior looks-Figo and Liva are average in exterior look.Beat is Overdid in that area.When it comes to interior its Figo=Beat>Liva
      2) Good FE-Beat>liva>Figo
      3) 85% city driving-Beat>Liva=figo
      4) The car should have a good driveability with 100% A.C in city-Liva=Figo>Beat
      5) Budget of 5 - 6.5L-Atleats one variant of each will come under your budget

For me my heart says fiat punto>Liva>Figo>Sail>Beat
      My Brain Says Liva>Swift/ritz>Figo>Sail
      To be very frank still i am in the same situation,Recently i booked a white fiat punto emotion 1.3 MJD.But I will take the delivery only after the opening of service centre at my hometown.As per the dealer it will happen within 1 month.I know i am playing with my luck as FIAT has got a bad reputed A.S.S.But punto is a great highway performer and of excellent build quality.I have an Alto K10 so punto will be used for highway trips only.Thats why the decision
      Last edited by sooraj; 9th Apr 2013 at 18:20.

ironically a remapped tdi is
      faster than the next segment
      tdi at lesser price.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by VenkyThaniks View Post
      After going through extensive reviews, here are my final contenders.

1) Figo
      2) Beat
      3) Liva
      when you have shortlisted it is better to stick to it and vote from this. i request others to do the same.

Chevy Beat meets all the 5 points as you said in 100% way. I would like to see, if Figo and Liva win the 5 points. Beat is just designed for 3 point mostly.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by H Rajesh Kumar View Post
      when you have shortlisted it is better to stick to it and vote from this. i request others to do the same.

Chevy Beat meets all the 5 points as you said in 100% way. I would like to see, if Figo and Liva win the 5 points. Beat is just designed for 3 point mostly.
      Thanks Rajesh.. As you said I am sticking with these three...I don't want to go for the usual Swift diesel (out of my budget)..I might add Hyundai i10 if they release the diesel version.

Quote Originally Posted by sanguine View Post
      Sirjee, have you checked out interior space, boot space & seats of Beat. Before jumping to any conclusion I would request you to personally check out these aspects. As compared to Figo & Liva, I find Beat a considerably small car.

For point 1 & 2 , Beat is a front runner. But for city driving, I again would urge you to test drive the car. View from driver seat in Beat is not the best around. But then it also depends upon the physical structure of the driver and hence you would be the best judge.
      Understood..I will be using this car for my regular office commute and for personal weekend trips within city. So 90% of the time this car will be used by 2 people (me and my wife). I have also read many reviews on the view from driver's seat, which would be a major point as I am just 5'7".. I also take your point on the test drive. Currently I am outside India which prohibits me from the test drive, but still wanted to have everyone's feedback and comments. Thanks
      Last edited by VenkyThaniks; 9th Apr 2013 at 19:15.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sooraj View Post
      1)Good exterior and interior looks-Figo and Liva are average in exterior look.Beat is Overdid in that area.When it comes to interior its Figo=Beat>Liva
      2) Good FE-Beat>liva>Figo
      3) 85% city driving-Beat>Liva=figo
      4) The car should have a good driveability with 100% A.C in city-Liva=Figo>Beat
      5) Budget of 5 - 6.5L-Atleats one variant of each will come under your budget
      Thanks Sooraj..I really liked Liva compared to Beat for the following reasons
      1) Comparatively bigger interior and boot space
      2) Better engine
      3) Its "Toyota"

But on the downside, I always hear about the cheap interior plastics. Does anyone in this forum bought a Liva recently. They say that Toyota is providing a dual tone interior, but I am not sure if they would cost extra..

ironically a remapped tdi is
      faster than the next segment
      tdi at lesser price.

Awesome

I might add Hyundai i10 if they release the diesel version.
      so the thing is you are not concerned if it is entry hatch or premium hatch. So, get a Chevy Beat low end model. Get some ICE and alloys. All done for city then. + point is chevy gives best offers in that class often.

Insearch of an automatic
      sedan/SUV/MUV

Awesome

Thanks Sooraj..I really liked Liva compared to Beat for the following reasons
      1) Comparatively bigger interior and boot space
      2) Better engine
      3) Its "Toyota"

But on the downside, I always hear about the cheap interior plastics. Does anyone in this forum bought a Liva recently. They say that Toyota is providing a dual tone interior, but I am not sure if they would cost extra..
      You are right dude.Toyota recently launched facelifted Liva and etios with the dual tone interiors(I think its only in the higher variants).The new version has driver seat height adjustment,Raised ground clearance. The sales executive told me that toyota has improved the quality of the interior plastics.But personally i felt only a colour change.The new version has better sound insulation (Cabin sound and vibration is less compared to the older version).I am mentioning the toyota Liva diesel.

Then one humble request and advise.Please dont compromise on the safety features.ABS+EBD and airbags may cost Rs 50000-100000 more.But its not costlier than the life of the passenger in the car.You may find so many accidents in which the passengers escaped only because of the seat belts and airbags.Nowadays driving on indian roads is really a gambling.We may not be able to avoid accidents with our extreme care. There will be atleast one vehicle with a careless driver.
      Last edited by sooraj; 9th Apr 2013 at 21:02.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sooraj View Post
      Please dont compromise on the safety features.ABS+EBD and airbags may cost Rs 50000-100000 more.
      Thanks for your concern Sooraj. I am definitely looking for ABS. In fact I always love to have the car manufacturers to allow customers to customize their car. . But I know it is not easy for them. For ex: the ABS will be available only in top end variant, but it comes with their own ICE and other unwanted features and this make it impossible to opt for this variant.
      VenkyThaniks

Awesome

Guys
      I need additional info.
      Figo and Beat owners can help me out here.
      What is the usual maintenance issues faced by figo and beat owners? Does it provide a peace of mind in owning these two cars? I am planning to have the car for atleast 4 years. Please let me know if any owners have felt they have made wrong decision on the maintenance/car issue perspective?
      VenkyThaniks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information