• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Two or three way active system for fiat punto emotion.

Insearch of an automatic
      sedan/SUV/MUV

Awesome

piyush7243 The plan for the first stage is a good SQ hu which is capable of going 3 way active,and a powerful 4 channel amp to run the woofer and midrange of the front components.The tweeters of the front components and the rear coaxials can be run from the existing JBL GTX 646 4channel amp.For the subwoofer i have the infinity 160a mono amplifier.I can use the JBL subwoofer for the time being.Later i may replace the subwoofer.

For a two way active setup my plan is a good SQ hu which is capable of going 2 way active,and a powerful 4 channel amp to run the midbass and tweeter of the front components.The rear coaxials can be run from the existing JBL GTX 646 4channel amp or directly from the HU.For the subwoofer i have the infinity 160a mono amplifier.I can use the JBL subwoofer for the time being.Later i may replace the subwoofer.
      I think a 2 way active setup will be more suitable for a punto as installation of a 3 way component speaker cant be done in stock locations.

suggestions of experts about these plans please...
      Last edited by sooraj; 22nd Apr 2013 at 01:15.

Up and Running

Awesome

I would suggest to try out 2 way active first. Probably add some used components to the list to cut cost a bit and we have plenty of great SQ components at dirt cheap price in our classifieds. I don't know..probably the recession hitting GHers too.

You can budget like

Amp - 30K
      Speakers - 20 to 30K
      HU - 20k
      Damping - 10k
      Wiring - 5-10k

If you get very good used HU or Amp, you can save some there and spend that on better quality speakers.
      Running away from your problem is a race you will never win
      My Vision through Camera :- https://www.facebook.com/VisionThroughCamera

aka cmsajith

Awesome

Can I know the reason for the 2/3 way active as one of your main requirement? Is it for experimenting it or just for the sake of it? Why I am asking you is coz' its not everyones' cup of coffee and the so called tuning, even done by experts, somehow I felt pathetic than a good passive system. Moreover you dont need a lot of power to make the speakers sing, SPL is a different story.
      Last edited by CMS; 22nd Apr 2013 at 17:24.

life is all about ICE upgrade

Awesome

Dude.. go for a three way passive setup instead of active one..
      Get a gud hu along wid a gud 4channel amp and sq subs and a mono..
      M having few of my ice for sale.. u can contact me..
      pioneer 80prs | MLK 165 midbass | ML 28 | AP AR3A | HAT Legatia L3XO | Audison LRX 4.1 | HSK 130 | Rockford R250-4 | Digital Designs 2515 | Rockford T1500.1bdcp
      New setup coming soon.

Insearch of an automatic
      sedan/SUV/MUV

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sooraj View Post
      My intention is sound quality,That is i would like to listen the songs as it is meant to be hear
      CMS This is the only reason for going 2/3 way active.

Can i use my JBL GTX 646 amplifier and infinity reference 611a monoamplifier if i go active?

I am looking for a good installer in my locality to do active set up.If i failed to find one i will go for a passive setup.
      Last edited by sooraj; 22nd Apr 2013 at 18:10.

Up and Running

Awesome

Can i use my JBL GTX 646 amplifier and infinity reference 611a monoamplifier if i go active?
      You need a good active capable HU. The amp and mono takes the backstage here.

Insearch of an automatic
      sedan/SUV/MUV

Awesome

Can you please suggest me a good active capable HU for a 3 way and 2 way active set up?Please pour some light to the naturally sounding front components also.

Up and Running

Awesome

Can you please suggest me a good active capable HU for a 3 way and 2 way active set up
      There is a separate thread on Active capable HUs.
      I am using Alpine 9887 in Active mode.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Hungry

sooraj, for a budget of 1 lacs, I'll suggest you to go for passive setup.

Active requires proper research and knowledge. The frequency range of drivers, firing angle of tweeters, mounting location of midrange-midbass are always taken into account to accomplish a well tuned active setup. An active setup will sound good only if its well tuned with proper distribution of frequencies among drivers with correct slopes, angle of tweeters and midrange(in case of 3 way) according to listening taste of user and characteristic of the driver, proper EQ, TA and gain settings.

Not demoralizing you in any way but advising you to start steady with passive then upgrade/switch to active once you have acquired some experience and knowledge in Car Acoustics.
      2015 Mercedes-Benz C200 Avantgarde
      1996 Mercedes-Benz E220

2016 Hyundai Creta SX(O)
      2017 Isuzu D-Max V Cross: PX5 Android HU -> AK4490EQ -> miniDSP C-DSP| Sony XM-GS4 | Kravchenko KAXBLTWT & HAT Legatia L6SE | Boston GT2125 | Vaani Vector 6.5mkII | SounDigital SD250.1| Infinity REF1200S
      2014 Hyundai Elite i20 Asta

Insearch of an automatic
      sedan/SUV/MUV

Awesome

thanks a lot bamaboy and other GHeads.I enquired here in my hometown to some of the well known installers.They too have the same opinion.It is not advisable to go active unless you have plenty of time often to do permutaions of different combinations.So for the time being i decided to install a passive setup.
      In that case also i need your suggestions in the following matters masters,
      1. A good sound quality HU capable of going active and Time alignment,can it be used in a passive set up also? (Sound quality is the concern here)
      2. A good brand and model for 3 way component speakers and also 2 way component speakers (Sound quality is the concern here)
      3. Can i use the JBL GTX646 4 channel amp to power the front 2 way or 3 way components (Sound quality is the concern here)
      5. Can i use the Infinity reference 611a mono amp to power the subwoofer?Heard that this is a powerful and quality mono amp.
      6. Initially can i use the existing JBL 1100w subwoofer in ported custom enclosure,Suggest me a upgrade also.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information