• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gtechniq C2V3 - Story of a Detailer's Itch

OCD

Awesome

Gtechniq C2V3 - Story of a Detailer's Itch

With a bandage on my left knee and inability to drive, walk properly or bend; I can only call this obsessive behavior.

Went down to the parking to dust the Car with Jopasu as it hasn't been cleaned for almost 10 days and been driven by various paid drivers to take me to the physiotherapist daily. After cleaning with Jopasu, I saw myself pouring some DG Rinseless in two gallons of water and next thing I remember, I was wearing the new wash mitt from SM Arnold and the Car was clean and dry. Very satisfying, I must tell you. DG Rinseless is my Holy Grail Cleanser when the car is dirty. It's ability to release dirt from wash media and paint is phenomenal. And I have used ONR, Ultima WW and Chemical Guys HFE Wash. All of those Rinseless washes are brilliant products and serve a different purpose each. More about that later.

Anyway, the Carpro Reload has been sitting on my paint for over a month now and as much I like the water repelling property and the gloss; I am cognizant of the fact that it is not a "True" sealant in the sense it was designed as a topper for Cquartz. A sealant should protect the paint not just from water but UV radiation and the other elements as well. I have been reading up about Gtechniq products for a while now and though I wanted to try the C1 Coating and their C1.5 (Their equivalent of Cquartz & Reload), I thought I should start my Gtechniq testing with a spray sealant. Luckily, they recently launched a new version of C2V3, which unlike Carpro Reload is designed to be a stand alone product and can go over almost anything. I had such intense discussions with Gtechniq prior to its release that at one point they got fed up of me and told me they will officially list it on their website that it can go over bare paint or any polish or sealant underneath; unlike C1.5

So, after my DG Rinseless wash today; I saw myself spraying it all over my bonnet and boot and buffing it off with a Gtechniq MF Towel.
      I need to get some machine correction done or need to buy some Gtechniq P1 to hand correct. Will probably end up at a good detailer who is willing to use Optimum Hyper Compound or another compound of my choice. Notorious, are you in Chennai anytime soon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C2V3.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	140600

Name:	Towel.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	246.2 KB 
ID:	140601

Initial observation is a stark difference in looks when compared to Carpro Reload. C2V3 has warmer looks, somewhere between Reload and OCW. My paint is a little too metallic and it pops too much in the sun. So much so that the beautiful Blue becomes purple in the sun. And it hurts the eyes. That is why I like good waxes like Dodo Juice then the look of a sealant. However, I am more concerned about the paint's ability to stay clean and attract less dust at this point. Hence, the experiments with spray sealants.

I will post some pictures and videos of how it behaves under water in a few days and how exactly it looks under the sun. I am not able to move the Car at the moment so could only click this. Another observation is that it sealed those ugly fingerprints of security guards who check the boot while getting into office and other "Safe" buildings. I missed to clean them properly and after using C2V3, all attempts to clean even with UWW QD strength failed. Will need to polish it off and then reapply the sealant. To me, this is a good sign as far as the product is concerned. It's bad news for the security guards as I anyways hate them for touching the boot everyday.

Name:	2013-04-28 13.55.18.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	752.6 KB 
ID:	140604
      Last edited by Supernaut; 28th Apr 2013 at 14:47.
      Drive it like you stole it and Detail it like you own it.

Retired hurt detailer

Awesome

Where did you purchased the Gtecniq stuff? From their site or anyplace else?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
      Anyway, the Carpro Reload has been sitting on my paint for over a month now and as much I like the water repelling property and the gloss; I am cognizant of the fact that it is not a "True" sealant in the sense it was designed as a topper for Cquartz.
      When I was evaluating between CarPro Reload and Gtechniq c2V3 I had this concern too that CarPro Reload can be used either as a cQuartz Topper and a standalone sealant. However Gtechniq c2v3 can be used on anything as it uses physical Bonding rather chemical Bonding. C1, C1.5 and EXO all uses chemical bonding. It nice to see the Gtechniq c2v3 in action. How quickly do you need to buff it?

I had asked NA representative of Gtechniq on P2 as a finishing product (Not P1), his reply was "However I do not professionally recommend the P2 as it isn’t a finish polish and most of the Gtechniq guys will never use it. I recommend Menzerna SF 4000".

A well oiled machine

Awesome

Supernaut fordfan Does carpro reload offer any UV protection at all? I have bought it and I intend to use it on bare paint (no Cquartz) and your post makes me concerned. I thought it offers good protection for my car that is parked in the sun whole day 5 days a week.
      2019: DIY stealth SQ beast
      2014-2019: Victim of monkey menace [RIP]

Punjabi By Nature !

Awesome

Notorious, are you in Chennai anytime soon
      If you promise me to give more cars to detail , i will be there with my guns and cannons

Retired hurt detailer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
      Where did you purchased the Gtecniq stuff? From their site or anyplace else?
      Supernaut

live to Detail...am addicted

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by keerthi View Post
      Supernaut fordfan Does carpro reload offer any UV protection at all? I have bought it and I intend to use it on bare paint (no Cquartz) and your post makes me concerned. I thought it offers good protection for my car that is parked in the sun whole day 5 days a week.
      It should else why would carpro claim it to be effective as a standalone sealant?
      Last edited by fordfan; 28th Apr 2013 at 19:24.

OCD

Awesome

Got it off the Gtechniq store.

OCD

Awesome

You planning to try anything Gtechniq? I am really keen to see more reviews of their products. They are creating quite a lot of buzz with their "Stop waxing your car and start protecting it" campaign. Not that I have anything against waxes.

Bangalore

Awesome

With a bandage on my left knee and inability to drive, walk properly or bend;
      Hats off to your determination bro, hope you recover soon and share your experiences

they recently launched a new version of C2V3,
      I have just ordered this along with G Wash and MF towels. Now waiting for my colleague to carry it from UK. Will be using on a white car. Really appreciate if you can post the video of your application. I have watched the video on their website. But would love to see the product reacting in Indian conditions.

Also did you try their drying towel, I have ordered one waiting to lay my hands on it but have to wait till May 16
      Last edited by Ceekay; 30th Apr 2013 at 08:48.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information