• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Jaguar F Type India launch in July. Spotted testing.

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Jaguar F Type India launch in July. Spotted testing.

We reported in detail when Jaguar revealed the new F-Type at Paris in September 2012. The new Jaguar F-Type resurrected company’s heartland: a two-seater, convertible sports car focused on delivering performance, agility and driving pleasure (remember the E-Type?). We also recently reported when it emerged that the new Jaguar F Type India launch will happen in July. The deliveries of the new F-Type haven’t yet commenced and the car is already on its way to India!

A Jaguar F-Type test mule has now been spotted in Pune and we won’t be too surprised to know that the car is here for homologation purposes. The white Jaguar F-Type that you seen in these pics was spotted on KSB Chowk Road in Chinchwad and the rear badges of the car and the Jaguar insignias on the alloys have been hidden to conceal the identity of the upcoming vehicle (as if . . ).

The Jaguar F Type has won many accolades from various publications and experts. The Jaguar F-Type was recently declared as the 2013 World Car Design of the Year. Commenting on this achievement, Ian Callum, Director of Design, Jaguar, said: ”No design project has given me greater pleasure than the creation of the F-TYPE. It’s a project I’ve looked forward to from the moment I joined Jaguar, and it’s one that’s given my team and I great satisfaction. The F-TYPE is a sports car that is true to Jaguar’s design values – beauty of line and purity of form – and I’m honoured that the World Car of the Year jury has recognised our work with this award.”

The Jaguar F-Type will be sold in India in two engine variants- V6 S and V8 S. The car will come to us via CBR route and is expected to cost INR 1.5 crores.

The V6 engine that powers the Jaguar F-Type V6 S displaces 3.0 litres and is forced fed by a supercharger. The engine has a max power output of 380PS. The F-Type V6 S has an electronically limited top whack of 275 kmph. The Jaguar F Type V8 S is powered by a 5.0 litre V8 supercharged engine that has a max power of 495PS. The more powerful variant has a top whack of 300 kmph. Both the engines come coupled with an 8-speed automatic gearbox that transmits power to the rear wheels.

Name:  f1.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  60.8 KB

Name:  f2.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  46.2 KB

Name:  f3.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  49.7 KB

Name:  f4.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  50.7 KB

Name:  f5.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  62.3 KB

Source - Motoroids & IAB
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

The Terminator

Awesome

Most probably Mr.Tata will be the first person to get Jaguar F-Type in India.
      Rabid Dog Club - Bite First, Bark Later.

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
      Most probably Mr.Tata will be the first person to get Jaguar F-Type in India.
      What about owner of Saravana Stores, Chennai?

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

A well oiled machine

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Pradeep View Post
      What about owner of Saravana Stores, Chennai?
      They are busy hunting models for their stores' ad.
      FiiO X7 Mark II - HELIX DSP PRO MK2 - TRU Billet v2 B41-S - MOREL Elate Ti 602 - MOREL Ultimo Ti 102

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by keerthi View Post
      They are busy hunting models for their stores' ad.
      Dont think cheapo of them. They bought the first Lamborghini Avendator in chennai. Car is on its way to Chennai.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lam.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	142544

Source - MECC

The Terminator

Awesome

Pradeep
      Ratan Tata’s eyes immediately light up when I ask him about the latest acquisition to his eclectic car collection. He’s just taken delivery of a gleaming white 508bhp Jaguar XFR sports saloon, which he says ‘sounds terrific and drives brilliantly.’ There’s an F-type on order as well, painstakingly specced by him, down to the last detail. If there is one thing the man who has steered the Tata Group to stellar heights is looking forward to after retirement, it’s to spend more time behind the wheel than a desk.
      Article by Mr.Hormazd Sorabjee (Editor,Autocar India)

A joyride with Ratan Tata - Hindustan Times
      Rabid Dog Club - Bite First, Bark Later.

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
      If there is one thing the man who has steered the Tata Group to stellar heights is looking forward to after retirement, it’s to spend more time behind the wheel than a desk

Thread Information