• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skoda pulls the plug on Fabia production!!

On board BW KESTREL

Awesome

As some of you know, I have a Rapid TDI. I sold our i10 when I bought this. Now my wife is cursing me saying that the i10 was much better in the city and the Rapid is a pain to park. So I decided to pick up a 2nd hand hatch for her. My neighbour (who's a broker) told me about a 2010 Fabia 1.2 petrol for 2.8L. I was to see the car today but when he tried calling the owner he didn't get any reponse. Probably the car was sold. I am not sure which variant it was and how many kms it had done. However my BIL just told me that there is a 2010 Fabia petrol 1.2 which has run only 10K kms. The owner (Police Inspector) is expecting 3L. Again not sure of the variant but he said it had alloys. I know the Elegence came with Alloys. Did the Ambiente also come with alloys? Is it worth buying at this price now that it is a discontinued car?
      The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!

Speed!!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by P3T3R View Post
      As some of you know, I have a Rapid TDI. I sold our i10 when I bought this. Now my wife is cursing me saying that the i10 was much better in the city and the Rapid is a pain to park. So I decided to pick up a 2nd hand hatch for her. My neighbour (who's a broker) told me about a 2010 Fabia 1.2 petrol for 2.8L. I was to see the car today but when he tried calling the owner he didn't get any reponse. Probably the car was sold. I am not sure which variant it was and how many kms it had done. However my BIL just told me that there is a 2010 Fabia petrol 1.2 which has run only 10K kms. The owner (Police Inspector) is expecting 3L. Again not sure of the variant but he said it had alloys. I know the Elegence came with Alloys. Did the Ambiente also come with alloys? Is it worth buying at this price now that it is a discontinued car?
      Fabia is still on sale isnt discontinued
      |Skoda Rapid Elegance TDI |--| Ford FIGO 1.4 TDCI TITANIUM| Yamaha R-15 |

On board BW KESTREL

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by tijokjoy View Post
      Fabia is still on sale isnt discontinued
      Production has stopped but the car is still on sale. BTW I am thinking of a 2nd hand car.
      The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by P3T3R View Post
      my wife is cursing me saying that the i10 was much better in the city and the Rapid is a pain to park.
      I don't think Fabia gonna solve your issue of parking, its longest amongst all the hatchback cars in <4 mtr category, its as much as longer as cars like Swift Dzire, Amaze, Indigo CS etc. Since you already have a Rapid, you should also give a thought to cars like Eon as a second car to negotiate city challenges.

If you still feel Fabia will fit in your needs then deal of 3L looks good for a car which has just done <10K kms in 3-4 years.
      Last edited by Jack Sparrow; 25th Jan 2014 at 23:30.

On board BW KESTREL

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
      I don't think Fabia gonna solve your issue of parking,
      Well that's my wife's problem. I have told her that I will buy a car she likes and then she has to stop cribbing about parking.

Since you already have a Rapid, you should also give a thought to cars like Eon as a second car to negotiate city challenges.
      I told her to pick up an old 800 5S or a Nano but she wants a car without a cheap image.

If you still feel Fabia will fit in your needs then deal of 3L looks good for a car which has just done <10K kms in 3-4 years.
      Will check it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information