• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Error codes in cruze

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Error codes in cruze

Did not use my cruze (2010 model) for a month as i had gone to the US ,so as advised i had disconnected the battery terminals before leaving
      Got back today, connected the battery terminals,the car started without any issues.But it is showing the yellow check engine light, called up rahul and connected the OBD and the OBD is showing an error code P0089 (power train)
      My car is running the RD box

Does any body know what P0089 is ? on checking online it says
      P0089 00 Fuel Pressure Regulator Solenoid 1 Performance
      what do i need to do? do i disconnect the battery terminals and reconnect?

Any suggestions Please

Awesome

just disconnected and reconnected the battery terminals and the CEL has gone ,will have to recheck with OBD for error code

Is it worth trying out a full
      night drive ?

Awesome

Guys,
      Since last couple of days, once i unlock door and enter the info display greets me with "Ërror Code 035". But the message goes off once MENU button is pressed.
      On refering manual, got to know that "035" means remote key battery is due for replacement.

Feloow Cruzers, Where did you guys got them replaced : Dealer / next door watch shop ?
      How much is Chevrolet dealer charging for battery replacement ? Or can I replace them with matching specification from a near by watch repair shop ?

From day one (will be 3 years in coming October) I have been using the same remote key, while the duplicate key(which is also remote supported) provided by GM has been kept locked in my cupboard.

Is anyone aware whether our remote key battery is being discharged all the time irrespective of being used or only when remote key is in the vicinity of our car sensor ?

Is it advisable to use the second unused key for a better utilization or is it a risk ?

Guys Please share your views .

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      quoted
      Quote Originally Posted by DocZ View Post
      quoted
      Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      quoted
      Quote Originally Posted by eccentricloner View Post
      quoted
      Quote Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
      quoted
      2013 - RE Thunderbird TS 350
      2010 - Chevrolet Cruze LTZ Manual
      2008 - Chevrolet Spark LT
      2006 - Honda Unicorn Self Start [ SOLD]
      2005 - Ford Fusion (1.6 P) +

Awesome

Maxcruzer ,you are in blr right?

jst pick up from national market ,it costs abt 30rs/bat , i picked up 5 for 150 (also note the company charges abt 1400/battery)

its -LITHIUM BATTERY CR2032 3V

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Just go to any watch shop - they will charge you a max of 50-100 incl labour! Thats what I did
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Awesome

99.999999999 percent of computer motherboards manufactured in the world use this battery to power their clock chip and save the BIOS settings. You should get it at any computer repair shop or electronic spare parts shop. Its for about Rs 22 for the Maxell brand. Changing the battery in the remote takes about a max of thirty seconds.

http://i52.tinypic.com/4p
      MenTaL Powerrrrrrrrrr !!!

Hungry

all the batteries are not same, most remotes have 2x2016 batteries (thinner version)..

I've seen many clients bringing in remotes which they say don't work even after they have fixed new battery a week or so back..

2025 and 2032 are the thicker variants, which will fit in the same carrier although will have a tight fit and after a week or so will break the battery bridle..

look forward to the exact same battery model, don't use fake or recharged batteries (most less than 40rs batteries are fake-From china, will leak when end of life even swell up and break the birdle, will not last long as the original)

I've seen many batteries leak in remote too, thereby killing it.. Original ones will cost 50 upwards, do not buy Maxell unless you are really sure its genuine (cardboard packing is not the sign for genuine).. Get Panasonic (no fakes currently in the market, little hard to get)..

You can take it to any reputed watch shop, yes it will be slightly expensive than what you'd pay if you buy the battery alone, but watch shops will use the genuine (not recharged, not nearing expiry), due to the fact that watches don't run properly or don't run for long on fake batteries..

its always advised to use remotes alternatively to keep the wear of the battery and the key itself (if any) equal.

P.S. : BIOS battery is 2032.. Car headunit remotes and dvd player remotes battery is 2025 (Slightly thinner than 2032) and most car remotes and key fobs use 2016 x2 (thinner than 2025).. Make sure what you have before fitting them in..

If you are getting it fixed at a watch shop, request them to apply gasket grease/compound on the silicone seals before packing it back, ensures the remote stays watertight..

also for other remotes (other brand cars) you might even have a 23A or 27A battery (12v), in this case you have no other go but to buy chinese battery, recommended brand is GP (great power) and the price will be Rs.50-60/-
      Last edited by Dinesh Sachdev; 8th Sep 2013 at 23:12.
      SCROSS DDiS 220..
      Owner : Dream Audio

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

P0856 - Has been troubling me for some time. Happens with high torque maps.

From the internet -

DTC C0241 or P0856
      Circuit Description
      The powertrain control module (PCM) supplies approximately 5 volts through an internal resistor to the electronic brake control module (EBCM) on the requested torque signal circuit. The EBCM toggles this voltage to ground in order to create the requested torque signal at the PCM. A signal with a frequency of 128 Hz +/- 5 percent and a duty cycle of 25-95 percent is a valid requested torque signal. The percentage of duty cycle is proportionate to the percentage of requested engine torque.

DTC Descriptor
      This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTC:

DTC C0241 or DTC P0856 Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) Requested Torque

Conditions for Running the DTC
      • The ignition is ON.

• The engine is running at a speed greater than 450 RPM for 1 second.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
      C0241
      The EBCM receives an invalid requested torque signal for 300 milliseconds.

P0856
      The PCM detects open or shorted requested torque signal voltage as being less than 4.75 volts or greater than 5.25 volts.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
      • The EBCM disables the vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES).

• The stability indicator turns ON.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC
      The conditions for setting the DTC are no longer present and you use the scan tool Clear DTCs function.

Diagnostic Aids
      Thoroughly inspect connections or circuitry that may cause an intermittent malfunction. Refer to the following:

• Testing for Electrical Intermittents

• Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections

• Wiring Repairs

• Connector Repairs

Test Description
      The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table.

This step tests for voltage supplied to the PCM from the EBCM.

This step tests for a shorted resistor in the EBCM or a short to voltage within the circuit, by verifying that a large voltage drop occurs in the circuit when the test lamp is placed in parallel with the DMM. The PCM may be damaged if either of these conditions is present.

Step
      Action
      Values
      Yes
      No

Schematic Reference: Antilock Brake System Schematics

Connector End View Reference: Antilock Brake System Connector End Views

Did you performs the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle?
      --
      Go to Step 2
      Go to Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle

Use a scan tool in order to clear the DTCs.
      Turn OFF the ignition for 5 seconds.
      Start the engine.
      Does the DTC set?
      --
      Go to Step 3
      Go to Diagnostic Aids

Turn OFF the ignition.
      Disconnect from the electronic brake control module EBCM, the harness connector containing the requested torque signal circuit.
      Turn ON the ignition.
      Use a DMM in order to measure the voltage between the requested torque signal circuit and a good ground.
      Does the voltage measure greater than the specified value?
      5 V
      Go to Step 4
      Go to Step 5

With the DMM still connected to monitor the requested torque signal circuit, connect one end of a test lamp to a good ground.
      Connect the other end of the test lamp to the positive lead of the DMM, while observing the DMM display.
      Does the voltage measure less than the specified value?
      0.15 V
      Go to Step 6
      Go to Step 9

Test the requested torque signal circuit for an open or a short to ground. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs .

Did you find and correct the condition?
      --
      Go to Step 12
      Go to Step 7

Turn OFF the ignition.
      Reconnect the PCM harness connector.
      Start the engine.
      Select the vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES) Data Display function on the scan tool.
      Observe the requested Torque parameter on the scan tool.
      Does the scan tool display a duty cycle of the requested torque signal within the specified range?
      25-95%
      Go to Step 7
      Go to Step 10

Turn OFF the ignition.
      Inspect for poor connections at the harness connector of the EBCM. Refer to Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections and Connector Repairs .
      --
      Go to Step 12
      Go to Step 8

Important: Following EBCM replacement, perform the set-up procedure for the EBCM and perform the Yaw Rate Reference Table Reset Procedure. Use the scan tool to perform the Tire Size Calibration procedure.

Replace the EBCM. Refer to Control Module References .

Did you complete the replacement?
      --
      Go to Step 12
      --

Test the requested torque signal circuit for a short to voltage. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs .

--
      Go to Step 12
      Go to Step 11

Inspect for poor connections at the harness connector of the PCM. Refer to Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections and Connector Repairs .

--
      Go to Step 12
      Go to Step 11

Important: Perform the setup procedure for the PCM.

Replace the PCM. Refer to Control Module References .

Did you complete the replacement?
      --
      Go to Step 12
      --

Use the scan tool Clear All Class 2 DTCs function to clear all of the DTCs from all modules.
      Turn OFF the ignition for 5 seconds.
      Turn ON the ignition.
      Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC as specified in the supporting text.
      Does the DTC reset?
      --
      Go to Step 3
      System
      In pursuit of happiness, and happiness drives very fast.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
      P0856 - Has been troubling me for some time. Happens with high torque maps.
      the error code i used to get has disappeared after the tuning Box has been removed

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by DocZ View Post
      the error code i used to get has disappeared after the tuning Box has been removed
      Yep, that I guess was caused by too much fuel pressure...

In my case, my EBCM(Electronic Brake Control Module) is probably getting an invalid/high requested Torque value from the ECU. Only good thing is, this does not light up the CEL. But still wondering if ever there can be a fix for this, other than of course, toning down the tune...
      In pursuit of happiness, and happiness drives very fast.

Thread Information