• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: photologue of the trips by Nocturnals

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

photologue of the trips by Nocturnals

you plan for a trip on a weekend. you get all geared up and ready to go and suddenly somebody in the group drops out because of some #$%^& reason. the reason might be legitimate but it screws your plans. 'm sure many of you would have experienced this.
      so what can you do when this repeats often. we did what best we could i.e have absolutely NO plans.

this has really helped us in completing so many trips: few short ones and few just for the heck of it and a very few long ones. no doubt every one them were fulltoo fun.

our ride: M800
      group: 3- 4 people
      drivers: 2

one interesting feature of our trips (especially the weekend trips) we don't sleep till we finish the trip and most the driving happens in the night.

there have been many of them so i'll not be able to write travelogue for each but i've photos of each trip. so pics coupled with few words would be the order of this photoblog. i would be using the few wordings from my blog too for the trips that already have a travelogue.

to start with:
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of DSC05538.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	901.9 KB 
ID:	10714

So Mysore it is… (is it?)

We are in Mysore – the place where we stayed in a resort for a period of 18 months and had real fun.. ooops! yes we also completed our PGDBA here. First thing: we head towards the Chamundi Hill – the time was around 2.30 AM. As we reach the abode of the hill facing the big arch (our college gate situated near this arch) we stop for a while. We take few pictures of the college name board and we were discussing this should have been designed: how boaring it looks in its present format – the usual cribbing . As this is in progress we see a Bright-Candy-Red AUDI A4 heading towards the hill and somebody spotted one faint figure of fairer-species in that car and we take off -with 800 wheel spinning manically - behind the A4. I think the total sum effect of this sudden reaction frightened the A4 driver and he almost halts his ride . We realize this little later and pass them a little slowly but laughing like crazy inside the car. Well this sets us off on our course towards the climb of the hill.

___'ll keep updating this thread

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

nice start
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Superb. Spent your time in mysore. Nice man. I spent almost 24 years in Mysore. So nice start for the travelouge. Continue please.
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

thanks Shishir. my brother stays in Mysore and my birthplace is Nanjangudu not very far from Mysore.

thanks KKRaj:
      this one is going to be a travelogue as i have the wording and need to mod it a little for the forum.

____continuing from where i left
      we spotted few cars parked en-route with complete dark tints rolled-up and no one round the car :? .
      We reach the ‘spot’ where we would normally spend time during our college time (there is a view point en-route to the top of the hill) and at this point there were 4-5 guys there sitting and chatting up. Then suddenly we spot a car almost hurling itself really fast in a corner and we identify it immediately : it was the same A4. It must have been the AWD version of A4 it was really composed and it negotiated turn real clean and disappeared. And as this is happening almost instantly we hear a roaring sound and there we spot a completely souped up Toyota Supra – again a Red one .. what sexy exhaust note it had! . After some time: we see this same Supra doing a drag run on the road right in-front of our college gate. This stretch of road pretty straight and no speed humps (now as we checked after few months there are couple of them put up ).

As we descend from the hill and reach the college gate Venki (my friend) stopped the car and was simply revving the engine. Suddenly he dumps the clutch engages first and release: voila we are doing a drag in a 800 on the same stretch we had witnessed Supra doing the drag. It was crazy! As we reach the end of this stretch he takes a U-turn and gives it one more try and this time we time it: it was around 15 secs to 100 on odo - Impressive for this car. As we reach other end I am in the driver’s seat: if ‘m taking off there has to be some drama- so there we go – we start off with loads of wheel-spin. We could feel the shudder in the car. Sure my run was more fun but lost out completely on 0-100 timing – it was 17 secs

so what next…

We take a right turn towards the Nanjangud road and we continue. We pass the Nanjangud and are driving though some truck and bus traffic. Surprisingly most of the cars are moving slowly. The time around 3:00 AM. The next major destination as written on the mile stone was Bandipur. So Bandipur it is: as soon as we decide we increase our pace. Overtaking almost everything on the road – looked like no other vehicles were in hurry – even some Innovas : The reason Bandipur Check-Post: which opens only after 6 :00 AM in the morning for the vehicular movements – dumb . We were almost the first in the queue at the check-post . In Bandipur we took the Safari drive and spotted none of the wild animals. It was the Safari drive that was boring part of the whole journey. We actually dozed off in that vehicle. After the Safari we were back to 800 started driving along the Bandipur road and also tried trespassing in to the Safari road. But some divine intervention made us accept the fact that we were in a 800. So driving we reached TN part of Bandipur and after some distance we retraced our way.

__'ll continue again.. gotta go hate this editing part

Global Moderator

Awesome

We actually dozed off in that vehicle
      . This was awesome. I liked it.
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

@Shishir: that has kind of become norm for us ;-) as you can hardly spot any wild animals during the safari..

Name:	DSC05631.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	10780

Name:	Copy of DSC05588.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	10784

Name:	Copy of DSC05618.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	10783

Name:	Copy of DSC05616.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	669.1 KB 
ID:	10782

Name:	Copy of DSC05592.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	303.5 KB 
ID:	10781

almost all pics are taken from our car. as i said earlier we used the safari vehicles to take rest (lol! yep it has happened couple of times) and on the way we spotted a majestic tusker. we slowed down a bit. even it was staring at us thats when we sensed something was wrong. the tusker almost charged at us .. anyeays we had the engine running so we took off from the place. we could only manage a shaky picture of it .

Name:	Copy of DSC05594.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	10785

Remember: We have been driving since yesterday evening , without any real sleep and rest. We should have been exhausted by this time- but no. We were as active as a 5 year toddler running around in a toy shop.

We head towards Mysore. It was around 1:00 PM when we reach Mysore. We head straight towards the Planet- X. Hogged like pigs: boy were we hungry. We played few Video Games, Some bowling and of-course yes the Go Karting. And the winner: Som .

Name:	moto_0156.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	10786

By around 4:00 PM we have our coffee and start for Bangalore. Surprising quite a few cars by overtaking them with ease: they didn’t realize it was a 5 speed 800. And few pitched dog fights with a Swift and a Santro. When you are in a small car on the road you are always in Win/Win. Either you give a great fight or you win: either way your ego is not hurt. It is just a 800 you see…! So we are home by around 7:00 PM.

In less than 24 hours we traveled so many places, did so many crazy things : this was a real drive. We never had any destination. It was the travel, company and the time that was great

Global Moderator

Awesome

So even you have shown the race timings. Just wait for rahul to enter the scene and he will show lots of timings photo.

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by [url=http://gearheads.in/post28484.html#p28484
      shishirbn » Thu May 06, 2010 2:21 pm[/url]]So even you have shown the race timings. Just wait for rahul to enter the scene and he will show lots of timings photo.
      simbly!! its just that all three of got the carts at the same time and no one else on track. besides it is so much fun to cart on planet X' concrete track.. super slidings all around

Global Moderator

Awesome

Actually, the track on the planetX was the asia's biggest track. But due to some problem from land owners it was curtailed to the present one. It is a good track but not that much of curves.(OMG, curves. I better hold on here)

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Not many curves? ;-)
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information