• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Autos may go on Strike in Mumbai from June 18

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Autos may go on Strike in Mumbai from June 18

MUMBAI: Auto drivers in #Mumbai , Thane and Navi Mumbai have threatened to go off roads indefinitely from June 18 to push for a hike in fares, among other demands. On June 12, Auto union leader SharadRao on Tuesday threatened that there will be an indefinite stir across if his demands for a fare revision among other issues were not accepted by the state government.

over 15,000 auto drivers, along with BEST and BMC staffers and hawkers, will take out a morcha from Byculla zoo to Azad Maidan to highlight their demands. Auto and BEST services may be affected partially on that day, sources said.

"There is a proposal to introduce Quadricycles (small cars in lieu of autos) and six-seater taxis in the state. We are opposed to this," auto union leader Sharad Rao said on Tuesday. The union has also opposed the 16-year age limit for autos. "Autos run on green fuel and can be in good condition even after 16 years," he said.

Rao's demands include a fare hike of at least Re 1, "public servant" status for 5.5 lakh auto drivers across the state and social security schemes such as pension for them.

Consumer activist Sunil Mone said there was no reason for another hike. "There is no improvement in the quality of service. So why should we pay more fares to drivers,'' he added.

Source - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/20434561.cms
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Now after seeing this I guess all other metros and major cities will start a strike to increase the price. Moreover the fuel prices have also gone over the top so there willbe a strike in other places also
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Spammer™

Secret

Ahahahah finally we can at least drive one in peace, provided auto's in Bangalore go on strike as well.

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Metalspree View Post
      Ahahahah finally we can at least drive one in peace, provided auto's in Bangalore go on strike as well
      No dude. People who go in Autos will take their own vehicle or hire more Taxis. So there will be more population on the road IMO.
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Auto driver menace will be gone. Hope it happens in TN state as well or in chennai- will give me some peace of mind

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
      Now after seeing this I guess all other metros and major cities will start a strike to increase the price. Moreover the fuel prices have also gone over the top so there willbe a strike in other places also
      Auto drivers will get shot if they increase the prices again. Idiots are already looting people. Imagine 11 bucks a km!! A friggin rented out innova costs that much. What do these frogs think? people will heed to whatever dramas they do? balls i say!!

A well oiled machine

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Looking forward to Chennai autowalas to follow suite. There will less noise, less air pollution and the roads will become better and safer to drive on. And less scratches on the bumpers as well. I just wish they go off and never come back.

Who cares if they are living to drive or driving to live?
      Last edited by keerthi; 5th Jun 2013 at 22:53.

Crazy guy!

Awesome

Half the auro drivers in chennai are already calling themselves public servants. Putting up auto stands everywhere with police n local political support. Public nuisance. I wish someone would come and put an end to all this menace.
      You can make me angry but you cant make me sad

Manager at cafe sri krishna- chennai (kotturpuram)

The Chivalrous Beast!! Jetta

Awesome

Demand for "Public Servant" status?? Maybe they should have a UPSC cadre for that as well, if at all..

Pension?? No more scams please!!
      "A Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, Witchcraft happens and you go faster"

O_o

Awesome

the thread name is misleading.. when i read it, i was like.. Woah.. Mumbai authorities to ban autos from the city and leave them to the outskirts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information