• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MF towels review - Boyinthebox

driveclean.in

Awesome

MF towels review - Boyinthebox

How many of us gifted some precious things to unknown people! There is a story behind this.

When I was in US, I was using all great products without knowing them that they are the best products. For the past two years I am really struggling to get good MF towels in India.One fine day, there was a PM from Boyinthebox, " Hey, do you want some MF towels". I just replied "YES". After some time he sent another PM asking about my address and I sent it. Yesterday I received a parcel of variety of MF towels from boyinthebox. It has 8 towels of different type. To be honest, I really don't know who is he, have not met and not even spoke to him. I was so humbled to see the towels which he procured from US for me.. Apart from the high cost, these are NOT available in INDIA. He is not ready to accept money for this. I called him and requested to send the bank details and he totally refused to do that. I threatened him that I'll send back the towels(which I can't after seeing those), but he politely said accept as a gift from your friend. Man, I don't know how I am going to pay back to him. All he needs is to put a review about those towels.

This is where our forum stands. Everyone helps to unknown people and get to know things well. Our guru fordfan Anupam gifted so many.
      Everyone are bonded and I donno what to say. Thanks to GH where I got so many friends.

The towels are made in Korea and has detachable tag. All are 16x16 in size and silk edges.

* The Dark Grey one are so plush and long naps - will be good in drying
      * The grey ones are soft and silky smooth - waxing
      * The orange colored are for polishing
      * The blue one are general purpose
      * The greens are for glass

Will do a detailing session this weekend and post the exact results.
      Here are those.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0501.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	714.4 KB 
ID:	145295
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0502.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	800.4 KB 
ID:	145296  

Name:	DSC_0503.JPG 
Size:	660.4 KB 
ID:	145297  

Name:	DSC_0504.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	802.4 KB 
ID:	145298  

Name:	DSC_0505.JPG 
Size:	794.5 KB 
ID:	145299  

Name:	DSC_0506.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	769.9 KB 
ID:	145300  

Name:	DSC_0511.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	798.6 KB 
ID:	145301  

Name:	DSC_0512.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	145302  

Name:	DSC_0513.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	789.8 KB 
ID:	145303  

Name:	DSC_0514.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	977.1 KB 
ID:	145304  

following a 'Linea'r
      progression

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by baranjil View Post
      I called him and requested to send the bank details and he totally refused to do that. I threatened him that I'll send back the towels(which I can't after seeing those), but he politely said accept as a gift from your friend. Man, I don't know how I am going to pay back to him. All he needs is to put a review about those towels.
      Man, this is just unbelievable. Salutes, boyinthebox.

Waiting for the further review after actual use.

Bangalore

Awesome

boyinthebox, BTW have you used any Gtechniq towels, if yes what has been your experience and how do they compare with these.

Also please post your reviews on the Gtechniq coatings that you bought.

Thanks in Advance

And thanks baranjil for posting pictures of the towels

hyundai i20 magna(O) bronze

Awesome

thats the greatness of this community. the MFs look very good to me. i remember seeing a few of them in fordfan's review of MF somewhere-so he is having them. can we go for some GB after ur review baranjil?

Stark Industries
      Opinion are like Assholes,
      Everyone has one

Hungry

now baranjil send me some gifts
      Alto --- Lets Go.... but where ???

driveclean.in

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by biswa View Post
      GB after ur review baranjil
      Its not happening 'cos of our Indian law. So, someone has to bring along with them.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by biswa View Post
      can we go for some GB after ur review baranjil?
      Another group buy !!! Hope it happens this time.

I'm in.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Visit
      www.ultimatedetailerz.com

Awesome

I have yet to collect these from him, will do so now . I have been talking to him and he has praised these a lot. baranjil- yellow, instead of orange i think . My wife often jokes at how men cannot distinguish between colors, hope i have learnt
      Last edited by kmoh; 12th Jun 2013 at 13:47.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

baranjil Thanks for your nice words. Actually I was very impressed with the selfish-less initiative you had started for the MF GB on behalf of GH members. I was closely following the thread. When I saw it was not going through, incidentally I was in US and thought of picking up MFs few for GH members and specifically for you.

Regarding the MF towels I have picked up those from Microfiber Towels : Cleaning Cloths : Wholesale Microfiber Mops : Microfiber Pads : Microfiber Tech. They do not ship to India but since I was in US I thought of getting them delivered to my Hotel Address. Also I got to know the wholesale price of those products are really insane if buy in Cases. I tried opening a wholesale account but they were very reluctant to give me wholesale account as they were worried about leaking the whole sale price. I had to email them and initiate the conversation. Since I was interested in buying bulk but not in "cases", I had to pay extra 15% over their whole sale price. Once everything was negotiated I transferred the cash via Paypal and they delivered very promptly.

MFs I picked up -
      a) 600 GSM dark grey - both side long naps (600gsm Extra Fluffy Microfiber Detailing Cloth 16"x16" - Grey with Red Silk Edge(3 pack) ), Made in China
      b) 530 GSM light Blue - long nap and short nap (16"x16" Extra Plush Terry 530gsm Microfiber Towels - Blue (pack of 10)), Made in China
      c) 360 GSM Golden Yellow - long nap, short nap (16"x16" Plush Terry 360gsm Microfiber Towel - Yellow (pack of 10)), Made in China
      d) 460 GSM light grey - both side long naps (16" x 16" Extra Fluffy Korean Detail Towel - Blue (3 pack) ), Made in Korea
      e) Glass Towel - Microfiber Glass Towel 16"x16" - Green (pack of 10)

Based on the different forums what i read, they might be sourcing from original Corba Manufacturer but do not use their brand name. I can definitely say 360 GSM golden one is exactly similar to Cobra Gold Plush Jr (Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel, gold detail cloth, buffing towel, microfiber buffing towel, micro fiber ). I also have Cobra Super Plush Junior (Super Plush Junior Microfiber Towel, 16 x 16 inches ), purchased from Autogeek on BOGO offer and definitely is the best of the lot. But these are not far behind and definitely of very high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceekay View Post
      boyinthebox, BTW have you used any Gtechniq towels, if yes what has been your experience and how do they compare with these.

Also please post your reviews on the Gtechniq coatings that you bought.
      I have not used Gtechniq Towels but I have used some other towels like Cobra, CG Wooly Mammoth, CarPro BOA Super Soft Plush, Mothers MF, 3M Blue , Jopasu, 3M yellow, Eurow, MicroTex. Definitely microfibertech towels come second to Cobra Super Plush Junior.
      I am waiting for fordfan to be back to Bangalore to use Gtechniq Coatings. Definitely will post review once done.

hyundai i20 magna(O) bronze

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by boyinthebox View Post
      since I was in US I thought of getting them delivered to my Hotel Address
      we in india are at disadvantage-so many good MFs to choose frm if u r in abroad. really we r far behind. friends, make some arrangements to get such type of things to india at affordable prices for poor souls like me or give me some anti depression medicine.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information