• Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electra 5S Upgrades

RE Electra 2009 CI 5S / bTwin
      RockRider 5.1

Awesome

Exclamation Electra 5S Upgrades

I have Bullet Electra 5S 2009 CI.

My bullet gives a mileage of 25-27kmpl only. How can i improve it to a better one?
      It has a short bottle silencer installed as of now and also i have reduced the carburetor jet size to .68 from stock in view to improve mileage does means it will be harming the engine?

The stock headlamps are 35W which is not at all sufficient in driving at nights. Kindly provide me a cost effective solution to improve the brightness. No HID please. I have installed the Standard Reflector headlight assembly now for a classic look!
      Last edited by jhbalaji; 19th Jun 2013 at 13:23.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jhbalaji View Post
      I have Bullet Electra 5S 2009 CI.

My bullet gives a mileage of 25-27kmpl only. How can i improve it to a better one?
      It has a short bottle silencer installed as of now and also i have reduced the carburetor jet size to .68 from stock in view to improve mileage does means it will be harming the engine?

The stock headlamps are 35W which is not at all sufficient in driving at nights. Kindly provide me a cost effective solution to improve the brightness. No HID please. I have installed the Standard Reflector headlight assembly now for a classic look!
      jhbalaji

Welcome to GH...

I am sure you are aware of the fact that RE Bullet and Mileage are two parallel lines which do not meet, having said that from a CI Engine the max mileage you can expect is about 32 in city and around 35 on the highway.

SO where did you loose that 3km?

Well, you have given the answer yourself by reducing the jet size to .68, in my opinion this is unnecessary, just revert the original jet back, also, as you have mentioned there is a short bottle silencer this could be one of the reasons for the drop of couple of kms in mileage, this is possible if the silencer is tweaked for Thump or not installed correctly. Also when was the last service done for the Bull? and how is the condition of spark plug and airfilter? ensure these are in top shape and im sure the mileage will be better, but dont expect beyond 32kms is what i suggest.

Regarding your Headlamp query the cheapest one is to get the old round shape bulbs which are a perfect match for the Standard assembly, get that installed and see the difference yourself, these come about Rs.35 a piece.
      A lion lurks in everyone’s heart; awake him not.

RockRider 5.1

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by junaid View Post
      jhbalaji

Welcome to GH...

I am sure you are aware of the fact that RE Bullet and Mileage are two parallel lines which do not meet, having said that from a CI Engine the max mileage you can expect is about 32 in city and around 35 on the highway.

SO where did you loose that 3km?

Well, you have given the answer yourself by reducing the jet size to .68, in my opinion this is unnecessary, just revert the original jet back, also, as you have mentioned there is a short bottle silencer this could be one of the reasons for the drop of couple of kms in mileage, this is possible if the silencer is tweaked for Thump or not installed correctly. Also when was the last service done for the Bull? and how is the condition of spark plug and airfilter? ensure these are in top shape and im sure the mileage will be better, but dont expect beyond 32kms is what i suggest.

Regarding your Headlamp query the cheapest one is to get the old round shape bulbs which are a perfect match for the Standard assembly, get that installed and see the difference yourself, these come about Rs.35 a piece.
      No i am using a Halonix Halogen. I have heard we can directly plugin some 55/60W directly without any alterations. Btw, cost effective in the sense something lesser than 1k for headlamps!
      A monk in FB RE Group suggested me 40W Cree LED for just 21k yes its Rs.21000!
      Royal Enfield Electra 5S 2009 CI - Last Batch of Reliable CI Ever Made by RE!
      bTwin RockRider 5.1 - I need nothing to go anywhere!

Stark Industries
      Opinion are like Assholes,
      Everyone has one

Hungry

Alto --- Lets Go.... but where ???

Lone Ranger

Awesome

A monk in FB RE Group suggested me 40W Cree LED for just 21k yes its Rs.21000!
      Kill me please.

For light option initially you can plonk 55/60 bulb without any additional investment. As junaid said please revert to stock jets which will be good for you and engine. Short bottle silencer wont affect the FE much unless you rip the bike like mad.
      "We Ride therefore we are"- RTMC(Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club) Website:http://rtmc.info/site/
      |2006- Honda Unicorn - 50K - SOLD||2007- Maruti 800 AC 43K - Happy Motoring||2008- Suzuki Zeus -25K - SOLD||2010- Schwinn Sporterra - 7K-Go Green|
      |2009- Royal Enfield Thunderbird -85K- Happily Thumping|"Rabid dog club: Bite first bark later "

RockRider 5.1

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by raama View Post
      Kill me please.

For light option initially you can plonk 55/60 bulb without any additional investment. As junaid said please revert to stock jets which will be good for you and engine. Short bottle silencer wont affect the FE much unless you rip the bike like mad.

Any specific recommendations?
      Do the stock holder and battery is capable of managing the loads?

Lone Ranger

Awesome

Any specific recommendations?
      Do the stock holder and battery is capable of managing the loads?
      Yes i ran my thunderbird with 55/60W before converting to 100/90. Use Philips 55/60 W bulbs. Its direct fit for the 5S electra.
      "We Ride therefore we are"- RTMC(Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club) Website:http://rtmc.info/site/
      |2006- Honda Unicorn - 50K - SOLD||2007- Maruti 800 AC 43K - Happy Motoring||2008- Suzuki Zeus -25K - SOLD||2010- Schwinn Sporterra - 7K-Go Green|
      |2009- Royal Enfield Thunderbird -85K- Happily Thumping|"Rabid dog club: Bite first bark later "

RockRider 5.1

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by raama View Post
      Yes i ran my thunderbird with 55/60W before converting to 100/90. Use Philips 55/60 W bulbs. Its direct fit for the 5S electra.
      Sure? My entire reflector assembly is Standard 350's!

Awesome

Sure? My entire reflector assembly is Standard 350's!
      Will be a direct fit, as the holder will be of universal size, even if there is an issue just replace that holder with the one which fits in, it should not cost you beyond 15 bucks..
      A lion lurks in everyone’s heart; awake him not.

RockRider 5.1

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by junaid View Post
      Will be a direct fit, as the holder will be of universal size, even if there is an issue just replace that holder with the one which fits in, it should not cost you beyond 15 bucks..
      Oh great! How are using 100/90 then?
      What i need to do for it?
      Forgive me, i am a noob in bullets!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information