• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ownership Report of 10500 km of My Dream

I m ducking the ball right now
      :)

Awesome

Ownership Report of 10500 km of My Dream

Hi All I am not a writer at all this first time I am writing some thing so please excuse me and ignore my mistakes .Moderators i couldn't find review section so please move the thread to appropiate section

The Dream,

Its all started in 2001 when we joined college for +1 studies ,at jamshedpur we Jharkhand board students go to college after 10th and the calss is not called +1 its intermediate .So every oine started discussing what they want to be in future ,which vehicle they want to buy ,and obvious discussion of that age what girl want in life.In jamshedpur some how we all were obsessed with Tata Safari ,could be because we didn't see other big SUVs.wait we we all saw one SUV Pajero hmm but that was out of reach in our dream also so lets constraint on Tata Safari some we use to adjust our discussion with Tata Sumo also .because our discussion were always based with bonus which our father use to get . I remember once my and my friend Dinesh were discussing the same Safari stuff that “yar safari me ye hai,safari me wo hai ...” and a person was standing near to us he interrupted us and said Mahindra scorpio is a also a good deal, and our answer was hmmm would be but Safari is the King of Road........... and time went on exams came ,India lost world cup and I got 47% marks in Intermediate science form Jharkhand Board. Every one started giving exam for engineering,Air force,Railway...... some joined bsc. but I was not willing to do neither engineering (because every one was doing it ) nor bsc (because everyone else who was not doing engineering was doing bsc). So I became trishanku what to do after some time read about course Bca and came to banglore . In mean while I was thinking if safari's last part we cut and make soft top then how would it look ? Once I came to banglore some of my friends were Punjabi they use to discuss Jeeps and Gypsy and I use to play the same old record called Safari,Name:  Tata-Safari.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  21.6 KB in Bihar jeeps were transport vehicle and gypsy police vehicle so never thought it can be personalized . Name:  mahindra.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  49.1 KB
      slowly in discussion I started dreaming about gypsy ,shifting my dream to gypsy was tough because gypsy is smaller then Safari and Kept discussing thought Bca -Mca now Skipping the education part and related Dreams …..................... I know some of readers would be saying thanks for skipping . your welcome .

So now lets move to 2009 july ,joining for job .25 july first salry (,26 july her bdy dont aks whose just wanted to mantion so did ). and I was calculating in how many months I will have money to do down payment for gypsy ,2nd hand gypsy because my and my friend assumption was Gypsy is not sold for public. After some months I checked my account by seeing balance I didn't had hope because my father started building house with marbael floring stairs and steps.

Some day in 2011 I got up in the morning checked maruti showroom number and called to Bimal maruti showroom Indranagr to ask why Maruti stopped selling Gypsy to public ,they said They can deliver Gypsy in six months if I book now . That was a new day in my life ,a silver ray of hope of owning a new black color gypsy Dhan tana an. Again I calculated my balance and estimated that I should be having 2lacs in my account till Feb 2012 so if I book in October then my dream will come true in Feb 2012. and called Bimal showroom again for booking Black color Gypsy and they said Black color they dont produce ….... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gypsy.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	146356

Awesome

So no more Black Gypsy need to select in blue,Red,White ,again discussion started with friends and decided on Red because White could targeted by Maoist people when i got o native .So called again and said we would like to book Red color they said you need to give some down payment nearly 25000 and that was again a point when i looked into my Bank account and found that i have 2500 but had hope that it will increase in Next month.
      At home every body were criticizing my choice by giving multiple reasons
      1->Nothing can be safe in that vehicle
      2->Seats are not comfortable
      3->if it rains you will get wet
      4->if its sunny also you will get sick

my family was not finding a single reason why a person should buy Gypsy??my siblings were saying "Safari ka kya hua?".It was realy tough to go against everyone's choice.
      In mean while i called a person who was selling his gypsy some where in Delhi.
      He said see if yhe person is not a offroader should not buy Gypsy he also gave multiple reasons
      Not comfortable ride on Tar road also.
      Best for Offroading
      Patrol can not be afforded with 10km/L milage
      Bad for Highway usage .
      Parts are almost unreachable

and i got really demoralized some how i was trying to keep my motive up by watching Raid de Himalya.
      after some day the Gypsy owner called and the talk was

the Gypsy owner: " why don't you go for Thar"
      Me: "Thar!!!??? " what the h*** is this ?
      the Gypsy owner: "yes ,its a new vechile launched by Mahindra take a look on internet"
      Me:"hmm ,ok i will look in to it"
      the Gypsy owner: "its a diesel vehicle with latest CRDE engine......"
      Me:"Diesel good but the is this CRDE"
      the Gypsy owner: "I have done test drive and found it good so try to get Mahindra Thar"
      Me: "ok Thanks "
      Disconnected the call .and was thinking why i should ditch my first love .....
      i mean second love .....then some how started searching about Mahindra Thar and found that
      there is something called "Team-Bhp.com" they had given Complete review of the Thar
      and guess what happened again i fallen in love this time Truly,finally pakka wala
      so kept reading about it and searching on yutube .

Time passed kept dreaming my self in THAR going from Banglore to Jamshedpur and 25 Dec 2012 came and i saw my account bal it has 25000 . called all the show room available in Bangalore and found most interested people SKS benerghatta road and the least interested India Garage near Mg road. Sherresh auto people were not aware only that there is some vehicle name with THAR under Mahindra's umbrella.So me and my two friends (who suppose to help in down payment )went to SKS benerghatta
      Last edited by Vika; 27th Jun 2013 at 14:38. Reason: Correction

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quite some suspense building. Go on dude.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Vika, interesting writing style! Keep it up!

BTW, hope that the numbers such as 2507, 2679, 0212, etc are not used as pin to your cards/accounts! Change if so!
      Quote Originally Posted by Vika View Post
      So now lets move to 2009 july ,joining for job .25 july first salry (,26 july her bdy dont
      ream will come true in Feb 2012.

Awesome

Thanks hydsafari and Dev11 there was no reading on the post so i felt that writing style is boring thts why took some pause

Awesome

Reached the show room as 1st guest of the Day with big Smile on the face as if her father is ready for the marriage (don't ask who,just wanted to mention about her so did ),had a talk with the sales guy Sayed and he says "Sir we don't have a demo vehicle" i was like a angry bull who doesn't know what to hit ,where to run . some how i controlled my feeling and asked "sayed you said that you will show me the vehicle that's why we traveled 44.8 km and came to other corner of banglore " he said he is expecting a vehicle for service so that vehicle he will show to me . That was a chill pill for me .after waiting 1 hr and having some 3 cups of coffee and almost complete analysis of XUV500 because the XUV was demo vehicle .The THAR came for service was of rocky beige color (according to me it was Green color ) but they were calling it rocky beige .and cant explain what i saw and felt adding the video of that day please have a look ,the happiest guy int video is me can any one guess which color shirt i am wearing ?

Awesome

the happiest guy int video is me
      Excitement is similar to a child who jumps with joy after getting a favorite toy in his hand.
      can any one guess which color shirt i am wearing ?
      Is it white, anything special about it?

Congratulations and drive safe
      2012 Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium, 2006 Bajaj Pulsar 150

I was lonely driving here tonight so I hugged the road.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by yksharma View Post
      Is it white, anything special about it?

Congratulations and drive safe
      thanks yksharma. nothing spcl the video was in dec 2012.after that had a bad experience also .that will be coming soon it the post

Awesome

that will be coming soon it the post
      Sure, please carry on with your experiences. Hope all was well at the end .
      2012 Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium, 2006 Bajaj Pulsar 150

I was lonely driving here tonight so I hugged the road.

burp!

Awesome

Vika : that was a beautiful straight from the heart write-up. Looking forward to the climax of the story

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information