• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Alto K10 !!!

feeling anti-lagged....

Awesome

Turbo Alto K10 !!!

Hey Guys,

Here's a kit I fabricated for a customer recently. The kit is an externally gated (Tial mvs) and uses a GT15 for fast spool.

I have more pics of it after being completed..there's a hks ssqv blow off and a custom breather tank missing from the pics..i will post some newer pics soon. currently car is running a wickedep racing turbo kit, e-manage and a wickedep racing full s/s exhaust. its yet to be tuned though.

does anyone know if any larger injectors from other suzuki's will fit this motor? thanks
      Last edited by Digital Vampire; 28th Jun 2013 at 09:32. Reason: Title Correction

What else !!

Awesome

wickedep - Nice to see a boosted Alto K10.

Looks like a nice and clean install. The intercooler seems to be a bit bigger than whats needed for a regular build (causing higher pressure drop across it). If you are not planning high boost on the GT15, 200-240cc would suffice. Im guessing these are high impedence injectors. You could try Baleno (172cc), SX4 (above 200cc), injectors from bigger K series and other high impedence Denso injectors of same/similar size for easy fit.

The K10 has a pretty long con-rod and its not beefy. Im not very sure if it will be happy seeing high boost.

keep us posted. good luck - Joe

feeling anti-lagged....

Awesome

hey joe,
      thanks for your comments. i will check out the injector upgrades you mentioned

What else !!

Awesome

Im using these on my F8B turbo (MHI - TD025). These 265cc - 12 hole injectors are from some Toyota.
      I was running G16 (Baleno) 172cc injectors before this. They have a slightly longer stem and you need to offset the fuel rail as much to accommodate these injectors. The o-rings etc match on the F8B.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Denso 12 injector4.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	146626  

feeling anti-lagged....

Awesome

thanks Joe..much appreciate the info. does your toyota squirters have a part number on them you could share? if so i should be able to find them here. thanks..

What else !!

Awesome

I dont remember the Denso part number now. Will check if I can read them on the injector in the engine bay. This is off a US - california spec Toyota. Similar 12 hole injectors are there on some superbikes too. Late model honda CBRs etc. I think the bike ones are about 190cc.

FIAT - Crafted For A True Car
      Lover. Rest, For The Ordinary
      People!!

Awesome

Can you please provide me power output of this Turbo Alto.

feeling anti-lagged....

Awesome

hey punter..its yet to be tuned mate. not expecting much out of it as it will be running very low boost for the moment. but should be a very fun car to drive around once done. when i get some figures, i will post it up.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

The kit looks very well engineered.
      The intercooler looks slightly large for 1ltr engine.

But I have a question, Why have you made the piping so long after the compressor?

If the pipe from compressor would have been to intercooler on the left side in the pic and to throttle from right then the piping would have been shorter.

The K10 has high compression ~10.5:1 so you would have still got nice low end with a larger turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedep View Post
      does anyone know if any larger injectors from other suzuki's will fit this motor?
      I think the SX4 injectors should fit it but don't know their size.
      But I think you can fit mazda mx5, know one guy who had got them on his esteem.But they are slightly larger.
      Last edited by Torq tuner; 28th Jun 2013 at 22:01.

feeling anti-lagged....

Awesome

in my opinion he fmic is not too large its just right. the pressure drop is so little its hardly worth mentioning or even talking about. the performance gain and drop in intake air temps is worth any insignificant pressure drop . we've use the same size coolers on many similar small displacement cars with good results (vitz/yariz/viva/kanchil etc). even on alto works which is 660cc. as for the piping..the customer wanted to retain his a/c and did not want bits of the chassis cut into to allow the piping to go from the passenger side...that's why it was done like this. i actually measured the difference in piping length between the way its done above and going the short route...going from the passenger side is definitely shorter..but only by about a foot. so its not too bad...the upside is the kit is a complete bolt on..no modifications needed to fit ..once we refine the kit a bit more,we will be adding it to our website/product list so others can buy.
      Last edited by wickedep; 29th Jun 2013 at 07:17.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information