• Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Dealers in Bombay/Thane/Navi Mumbai region

Forget and forgive. Live and
      let live. Learn and learn to

Awesome

Nissan Dealers in Bombay/Thane/Navi Mumbai region

Hi all,

Wanted to share my experiences of nissan service centers in Bombay. I have been maintaining a Nissan X trail T30 model for past 6 years. I have been to all the service centers in the bombay region. I am posting a brief review of the same:

1. Ichibaan nissan
      In one word. AVOID this center. This owner had a monopoly in bombay region for quite a few years and has exploited it fully. He is also on board of Hoover automotive India, which is the middleman between nissan india and its dealers. I have had my car parts stolen from this center, which I subsequently fond out. And god help you if you have bodyshop repairs. They keep the car for a long duration for reasons best known to them. The workshop is located in a location which is prone to flooding, I have seen this every year. I am usually quite tolerant towards attitudes shown by s.a.'s, but the guys here just take the cake. Not one service has gone without me blowing my lid off, meeting the manager, begging them to service the car properly. However, I will give credit where its due. Amongst all the service centers I have been, these guys have been the cheapest for the same jobs done (the main reason was that they used shell synthetic oil compared to mobil 1 used by all others, which bought the costs down quite a bit). Their bodyshop did manage to do a good job on the car (after a lot of grovelling on my part i.e.). But seriously, not worth the headache. They never did any preventive maintainence as advised by the company, a fact that I learned the hard way. Finally, I befriended a mechanic there who tended to my car exclusively and did a good job of it too. Wasn't surprised to hear that he had quit when I last went there.

2. Ritu nissan
      Its an average service center. I have been there once only. It was crowded, but overall I was tended to quite to my satisfaction. Your experience at this service center will depend on the s.a. there.

3. Torent nissan
      My personal recommendation. Large service center, elevated so as to keep the rains at bay. A little more professional staff. One thing I appreciate is that they carry out all services as per schedule. Were very transparent with me at least (maybe because I went there when they just opened up). However they are a little over eager for replacing parts. Be a little cautious.

Note: these are my personal experiences. If you may have found that I have been a little harsh on ichibaan, then yes, I admit it. But I have good reasons for that as well. Most other owners whom I interacted with were disgruntled with their services. This I have seen every year. I have chosen to boycott it totally.
      The car has been a superb companion of me and my friend. Just wish the service backup was as good. Hoover causes a lot of delays for simple parts as well sometimes. They have become a little better now, what with the tiff between nissan and its dealers. But still, just not worth it in my opinion.

hanging tight :/

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
      I have had my car parts stolen from this center
      what the hell, Car dealer stealing car parts, they should not be allowed to operate and the case should be reported to Nissan. It must be happening with other customers too, I wonder how come it did not come in Nissan management eyes.

Vroom ... Vroom

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
      I have had my car parts stolen from this center
      Would you please elaborate on this?
      Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI AT 2017
      Honda Brio Vx AT 2013
      Volkswagen Jetta 2011 Code6 DSG/TCU tuned
      Ford Fiesta 1.5 TDCI (2011) Code 6 tuned
      i20 CRDI ASTA (2009) Pete's box

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Hi, Simple-car, that's great know that your also maintaining Nissan xtrail T30 model. Is this AT or MT ? Its shocking to know the attitude of Nissan dealer from Mumbai. We in Pune are dealing with Oxford Nissan for maintaining my car,T31 model .Till date I have not faced any problem on this front. Lets hope it will remain same till the end of my ownership. Waiting for your inputs ?

Spammer™

Secret

Sold my Xtrail as the only A.S.S in Karnataka was horrendous.

Awesome

Hi, Metalspree, Can you share with us problems faced by you?
      Like was it with service related or technical problem facing from your Xtrail ?
      Thanks TC.

Spammer™

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by AWB View Post
      Hi, Metalspree, Can you share with us problems faced by you?
      Like was it with service related or technical problem facing from your Xtrail ?
      Thanks TC.
      Here is the complete story

I had purchased my Nissan Xtrail in the year 2007 from Shahwar Nissan. Never had the joy of owning a Xtrail all thanks to Shahwar Nissan and their pathetic service .My problems with the car started from day one. When I had gone for a test drive of the vehicle the clutch was smooth but when I took the delivery it was a different story altogether. The clutch was quite hard compared to other Xtrails. Immediately Gave a complaint and the SA said that it will get smooth after first service .Another problem I noticed was that the AC was too noisy even at the lowest setting again same answer from SA that it will be fixed in the first service. Left my vehicle for first service on 30/05/07 and gave the complaint of AC being too noisy and clutch being hard .SA acknowledged the issue and promised that it will be fixed .When I went to take the vehicle the clutch was indeed smooth and the AC noise had gone away. Exactly after 600kms the problem returned and I immediately called Shahwar and reported the problem they said, sir we will fix it in the second service but again it was the same issue even after 3 services .I had a heated argument with the Manager at the Service Station in the year 2009 regarding this problem .Manager said it has been fixed this time and it will never crop up again. He never acknowledged what was the problem which was causing the issues.

I left the country in 2009 for my higher studies, my car taken away to Hyderabad by my first cousin who complained me that the clutch is indeed hard and AC is noisy .I asked him to take it to Lakshmi Nissan in Hyderabad and the same ordeal continued there as well for 2 years. I came back to India in October 2011 and got my car back to Bangalore , to my shock the issue was still persisting but this time it was intolerable I just couldn't turn on the AC as it used to make a weird noise and clutch was damn hard after driving for about 50kms I used to get knee ache and it was virtually impossible to drive the car for more than 40kms per day.

I gave the car for service in December 2011 and reported same issues again the answer was same Sir it has been fixed but the issue came back in January 2012 where I called and blasted them was told to drop the car at the service station so that they will have a look at it .To my shock I was told that the clutch plates and AC motor have gone bad and they need to be replaced. Cost to replace them is close to 1.5 Lakhs! . Hemanth, the Service Manger of Nissan said that the clutch plates have to be changed for every 50,000Kms which I am able to agree and more over the issue of clutch being hard was there from day one. My car has done just 65,000kms in the last 5 years and it has been given to regular services.

I was highly irritated and wrote mails to Shahwar Nissan but no reply from them .The Service Manager Hemanth acknowledged that the issues were there in the car from day one and requested me to give him 2 days time so that he can talk to Nissan and get them replaced for free but I never got a call back from Hemanth .Every time I call him he gives a standard answer “Sir I will get back to you by end of day” this is being going on from past 2 days. I have written mails to the corporate office in Chennai and sales office in Mumbai but never heard back from them. Can some one provide me with the emails ID’s of higher ups in Nissan India ? I am asking this because Shahwar Nissan is a pathetic service center in India and its high time Nissan realizes it and removes them ( which I really doubt coz there is just one service center in Karnataka)

My questions to Nissan are

1) Why did Shahwar Nissan / Lakshmi Nissan not take corrective steps to fix the issues when they popped up on day one?

2) Why does one have to change plates at just 50,000Kms??

Awesome

Its very sad to know about this. Really after putting hard earn money on your ride ,if this is attitude of service department then its time to rethink Nissan India and their dealers.
      This is really a great example how great car with their technology cant help in our country because of pathetic approach towards customer. Thanks for your info.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Metalspree View Post
      Here is the complete story
      Feel sorry for you sir. The cars are otherwise quite good and niggle free

Quote Originally Posted by AWB View Post
      Simple-car, that's great know that your also maintaining Nissan xtrail T30 model. Is this AT or MT ?
      T30 MT. Still runs beautifully. But there are quite a few dents. Have accepted them as part of life. Btw did you know, that the front 2 fenders in this model are made of fibre material. Can bend if you put a fingers pressure. Have come in quite handy. Does the T31 also retain these?

Quote Originally Posted by S.Gautam07 View Post
      what the hell, Car dealer stealing car parts, they should not be allowed to operate and the case should be reported to Nissan. It must be happening with other customers too, I wonder how come it did not come in Nissan management eyes.
      I don't know about other customers, but back in those days, there was nothing called as customer feedback in Nissan. Even their website only had an address for contact. I did approach their erstwhile dealer Aquest auto (who were really nice to me) for more contact info, but they also directed me to send thema post at the address. Hoover had taken over, and there was not much they could do. This problem I have had only at this particular dealership. As already mentioned, I am happy with others. In fact, the now closed orion nissan in new bombay were simply outstanding. Helped me out a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick-seby View Post
      Would you please elaborate on this?
      Ok, I'll make one thing clear, some parts were replaced with faulty ones and some things were stolen. Its the same thing to me anyways:
      1. Radiator fan unit was replaced with a faulty one. Why am I so sure? That's cause, when I saw it the next day, it was a damaged unit, and there were clear signs that the unit had been replaced shoddily.
      2. My boot mat! I had the original one. Infact, this came to my attention the same day the car was delivered from service. I notified my S.A. immediately. He accused me saying that it was not present in the first place! I created quite a ruckus before they provided me with a new one. That too, it was stained!
      3. Brake fluid cap stolen. Came to my attention next day. Created another ruckus. They washed their hands off completely.
      4. I have a doubt about a suspension component, but I didn't have any proof. Its very difficult to accuse them in this case. This will remain a mystery.

This one takes the cake. I saw the company driver brush a customer's teana right in front of my eyes (it was a misjudgment, honest mistake of the driver; if you knew the way the entrance was designed back then, it would be easy to scrape the car). My S.A. coolly walks and applies some paint WITH HIS HANDS. I mean, it would be so easy to catch him. Had an argument again with him (for somebody else). You know what he said, 'Sir, these things happen. Let the customer complain. Nissan can't do anything against us. And sir, please remember, your car is still under service.'
      I was at a loss of words. I still regret not bashing him up that day. I was very young back then (only 20), and they treated me like an ignorant buffoon who doesn't know a thing about cars.
      Last edited by Simple_car; 20th Jul 2013 at 00:21.

Awesome

Just saw an ad in the paper's about Kamla nissan dealership which has replaced Ichibaan. A few calls and a little research later, I came to know that it is still the same dealer.
      Ichibaan nissan = Kamla nissan = AVOID.

The thugs are operating under a new name now. My grudge against them shall continue. I want to order one part which I am unable to procure after-market, but I am not being assured by torent nissan either since Hoover is still unpredictable with rare parts. They want a full payment and still they are not guaranteeing when the part will arrive. I am going to wait for a year or so before ordering the part. Let's see how nissan deals with Hoover.

Thanks,
      Simple_car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information