• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford ikon Headlights

looking for Headlights

Awesome

Ford ikon Headlights

Can some one help me to find a pair of used headlights for my 2009 ikon tdci (last model) ,I could not find any in Trivandrum including ASC. Non motorized one will do. I don't want to spend a fortune on them.
      Anybody can source this at a nominal cost or direct me from where i can get this ,would be of great help.

Big Thanks,
      Bullboy.

Awesome

Any particular reason for looking at used ones? I once got a non OEM replacement headlight for the Ikon from a shop in JC Road, Bangalore. It was cheap (About Rs.1500) but the reflector started peeling off in just 6 months. Let me know if you want me to try and source it, but you'll have to find a way to pick it up from here. I doubt any courier will accept it. If you can wait till September, I can try and carry it for you.

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Do not risk using old or duplicate headlamps. Your life may depend on it.

The only place you can get used headlamps are usually the auto scrap market (each city should have one) -- unfortunately headlamps are generally the first things to break in case of an accident (unless the vehicle has been in a bad rear-shunt)... hence difficult to come by.
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

looking for Headlights

Awesome

This is to add projectors. I dont want to spoil the OEM ones as I wont be able to find a replacement for it .Even ASC are also stating that this 'may' be available on order but will cost somewhere above 5.5k per piece.
      @jaguar thanks, If you could, it will be of great help. Please note this is the last gen ikon as in this link http://www.bsmotoring.com/storypage.php?autono=893 .I will check with my friends in blore if anyone is coming down else I can wait till September.
      kb100 , my life is dependent even on OEM ones ,as they are so weak that I nearly had some narrow escapes at night .I tried upgrading to 100w bulbs but the heat started to melt the reflector sides and I had to go back to 55/60.In Kerala now cops are armed with lux meters to trap those 100/130/90 lamps.
      So I have only two options either to go for good projectors or some aux lamps , but aux lamps might put load on the battery as I have two amps running on them. so only one left i think.

Last gens ikons are so rare that its parts are not even available in scrap , I checked with asc if they have any scrap ones from collision vehicles , but usually the headlights gets damaged on front impacts if they survive they will have massive scratches in the glass which makes it unusable.
      Last edited by bullboy; 21st Jul 2013 at 11:16.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
      Even ASC are also stating that this 'may' be available on order
      They are always reluctant to order parts. Strange! I had to send a mail to Ford customer care to get a replacement sun visor after the local ASCs made me wait for 3 months under false excuses. It arrived at the nearest ASC within a week of my email.

@jaguar thanks, If you could, it will be of great help. Please note this is the last gen ikon
      Mine is one generation older and hence the headlights are common. I'll ask around and let you know.

Have you thought about installing driving lights like the Hellas? They are 55/60W and might be ok under the law.
      Last edited by jaguar; 21st Jul 2013 at 13:33.

looking for Headlights

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
      Have you thought about installing driving lights like the Hellas? They are 55/60W and might be ok under the law.
      Yes . I did , but they might put too much load to battery , as headlights also need to be on.

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Yes . I did , but they might put too much load to battery , as headlights also need to be on.
      I used to run a very powerful amp, air horns, and 130/100 lights in my old Accent. Never had a problem.

MOre importantly - what is your objective here? Do you want to improve your near field vision or high speed (distance) vision? IF its the latter the projector WILL not help as much as a dedicated pair of driving lights will. (Spots)
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

looking for Headlights

Awesome

Do you want to improve your near field vision or high speed (distance) vision?
      I usually dont drive high speed .My max speed is around 80kph and is even lesser at night. I want to improve the field of vision, I cant see anything with current setup unless I drive alone in a dark road.

Forget and forgive. Live and
      let live. Learn and learn to

Awesome

I usually dont drive high speed .My max speed is around 80kph and is even lesser at night. I want to improve the field of vision, I cant see anything with current setup unless I drive alone in a dark road.
      Have you considered auxillary lamps?
      I think they will suit your requirements to the 'T', and end up being less expensive than projectors.

Thanks,
      Simple_car

<invisible>

Awesome

What projectors you plan ?
      If you just want to try projector, get only reflectors from scrap market. You preserve your current reflectors as roll back plan. No need of entire assembly, unless you plan to smoke the headlight, color the bezel etc.

Projector sits on reflectors and reflector may need to be cut based on type of projector you are going for. That is the only destructive part of the mod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information