• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Karcher Thread

OCD

Awesome

The Karcher Thread

Gentlemen - Looks like Karcher is in India or they have been here for a while. I was browsing their India website and found many products very interesting but they don't list the prices online. If anybody has bought anything Karcher, please post the reviews here or if you have any knowledge about their products - do share. I am personally interested in their Vacuum Cleaners, Steam Cleaners and Pressure washers.

Kärcher India| Kärcher Cleaning Systems Private Limited
      Vehicle cleaning products - full systems | Kärcher International
      Cleaning agents for car cleaning | Kärcher International
      Last edited by Supernaut; 24th Jul 2013 at 15:41.
      Drive it like you stole it and Detail it like you own it.

Hondameister
      Formerly IITK

Awesome

I have had a Kärcher Pressure Washer since 1990 (80 bar was the best then). It is stilll going strong. I bought a drain cleaner of another brand (I di not remember, but the unit used to be sky blue) and all the top layer PVC cover is gone. I had to fabricate a small adapter to make it fit of the Kärcher. The only thing gone is the mesh on the small filter for the detergent feed.
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

following a 'Linea'r
      progression

Secret

Karcher has been here for quite a while. I've been eyeing their vacuum cleaner. The steam cleaner is also very interesting.
      blackhorn also has Karcher pressure washer & both him & sgiitk sir have posted reviews in the pressure washer thread IIRC.

A well oiled machine

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Supernaut Mach Power Tools is an authorized karcher dealer/distributor. Their store is in Parrys (near Beach station). A couple of weeks ago baranjil, Lvramanan and I were there to check out some products. The person there was willing to talk & answer your queries and display products (compare to the other shops who are usually very reserved in that area).

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
      I bought a drain cleaner of another brand (I di not remember, but the unit used to be sky blue)
      Nilfisk?

www.greenzcarcare.com

Awesome

I have seen some posts by Keystone, probably he can post some reviews here.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Yes Karcher is available locally for sometime. Earlier Flipkart used to keep most of the items. You might be able to source it at a better price from snapdeal whenever they run any offer. Karcher Pressure washers used to be available in Metro Cash & Carry earlier but not sure if they still keep. I have Pressure Washer (K3.550) and Steam Cleaner (Karcher SC 1.020) and pretty satisfied with both.

K3.550 -- Good Pressure. Can draw water from Buckets but need to pre-fill the hose pipe with water. Probably it is the cheapest water cooled Induction Motor based washer system and it is believed to have longer life. If the car is muddy and sticky, you still need to use sponge/mf/any tool to agitate and loosen the muds/particles. Hose pipe does not come with the product as standard accessory. Comes with a Vario Power Spray wand to adjust the pressure and a dust buster wand. Very easy to fix and pack and store. Has wheels for easier transportation.

Karcher SC 1.020 - Very nicely built and versatile - can be used on almost all kind of surfaces including glasses. Comes with two mopping towels and few Descaler Sticks. Not sure from where to get replacements of the towels and the Descaler Sticks locally. Planning to use MF towels. Yet to face any scaling issue. Very quick to generate steams. If hot water is used steam generation is much faster. The towels get dirty very quickly in Indian condition after mopping the floors . The surface after mopping is not really steak-free finish.
      Last edited by boyinthebox; 24th Jul 2013 at 23:15.

live to Detail...am addicted

Awesome

there are quite a few reviews of the karchers being used by members, just not in the detailing section...just google and am sure you will find

or else look at the Quick Reviews thread index where the threads are linked

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by boyinthebox View Post
      K3.550 -- Good Pressure. Can draw water from Buckets but need to pre-fill the hose pipe with water. Probably it is the cheapest water cooled Induction Motor based washer system and it is believed to have longer life. If the car is muddy and sticky, you still need to use sponge/mf/any tool to agitate and loosen the muds/particles. Hose pipe does not come with the product as standard accessory. Comes with a Vario Power Spray wand to adjust the pressure and a dust buster wand. Very easy to fix and pack and store. Has wheels for easier transportation.
      I have the same model got it from snapdeal. Its really powerful you can clean you garden floors, parking space etc etc.. Supernaut when i bought I checked with the chennai dealers mentioned in their website they don't stock these Home products they mostly deals with industrial products we'll have to order for the home products and its costlier than snapdeal.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

I just got a K4 Permium today. I pay about 40 US to wash the car every time and decided to invest 15 car washes at once and wash it myself. I will go back to the shop to see if they have one made more for car washes, like and angled lance and foam bottle. The shop gives a 2 year warranty and the factory, another 3 years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kärcher.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	256.8 KB 
ID:	208185

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information