• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Fix Ikon issues

Dreaming about driving!

Awesome

Lightbulb Will Fix Ikon issues

I have owned the Ikon for about 5 years now , ever since I started working. In this time I have got to repair , maintain this car myself. I have not sent the car to the ASS for the last 3 years, So post your Ikon worries and let me help! I have the full service manual for the Car , Electricals and the ECU as well.

Most Ikon issues are minor issues blown out of proportion by incompetent mechanics , so feel free!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by catalyst_delhi View Post
      I have the full service manual for the Car , Electricals and the ECU as well.
      How can I get a copy? PM me if you don't want to post on the forum. I am willing to pay if it is a hard copy that you can ship.

Dreaming about driving!

Awesome

Ford ikon manuals

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
      How can I get a copy? PM me if you don't want to post on the forum. I am willing to pay if it is a hard copy that you can ship.
      Most happy to upload here , let me try. Else I will share a link. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Manual FORD EEC-V Zetec ROCAM.pdf 
Views:	159 
Size:	4.98 MB 
ID:	149616

For now the ECU manual - It is in spanish use the google translator any doubts do PM me

The Rocam workshop manual is 45 MB big. Let me see if that can be compressed
      Last edited by catalyst_delhi; 25th Jul 2013 at 02:13. Reason: Spelling mistake

Wow

Awesome

So post your Ikon worries and let me help!
      You the man... but you are in the Capital and my Ikon 1.6 Zxi Petrol is in Bangalore...

Well I have lot to ask, but let me start with just 2 issues currently I have..

1. The floater in the tank is not working I guess. Cause the fuel gauge needle is always on the middle. Ford A.S.S told to change the entire fuel sump and other stuff and cost is equivalent to buy a second hand Honda Activa.

2. The rust has eaten away the diffuser. Just before the tail finish (exactly below the rear tyre) there is a hole. Tried to fix it with M-Seal. But not working. Ford A.S.S recommend the change for which again I could buy a 180 Ltr Refrigerator.

So, what you think. Do you have any DIY solutions for this.

Please advise.

ghost06
      Just BeYourself.....

Sign the petition to allow Annual Tax for Non-KA vehicles in Karnataka: http://goo.gl/Gyl2Of

Dreaming about driving!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ghost06 View Post
      You the man... but you are in the Capital and my Ikon 1.6 Zxi Petrol is in Bangalore...

Well I have lot to ask, but let me start with just 2 issues currently I have..

1. The floater in the tank is not working I guess. Cause the fuel gauge needle is always on the middle. Ford A.S.S told to change the entire fuel sump and other stuff and cost is equivalent to buy a second hand Honda Activa.

2. The rust has eaten away the diffuser. Just before the tail finish (exactly below the rear tyre) there is a hole. Tried to fix it with M-Seal. But not working. Ford A.S.S recommend the change for which again I could buy a 180 Ltr Refrigerator.

So, what you think. Do you have any DIY solutions for this.

Please advise.

ghost06
      Well for point 1 - You can get a float and pump assembly for about 4k for a bosch make comes with fuel float , I get it from KAshmere gate here (auto mart) ASS will rip you off for this one as the LAbour is intensive - you have to drop the fuel tank

For point 2 - There are 2 parts for the silencer. The last part costs 600 rupees here at an FNG - replaced 9 months ago for the same reason. The middle part costs 700 rupees. Dont waste your time with OEM ones. You can practically use any end can with some welding. Our Ford ikon does not mind, I have ran with a Lancer's silencer for about 4 months prior to changing.

I have no idea why Ford ASS asked you to change the fuel sump , I am sure our tank is plastic. Unless yours is metal and it is dented. Which year is your car?

Vanakkam.

Wow

Awesome

Thanks bro for the update

Well for point 1 - You can get a float and pump assembly for about 4k for a bosch make comes with fuel float , I get it from KAshmere gate here (auto mart) ASS will rip you off for this one as the LAbour is intensive - you have to drop the fuel tank
      So if I understood you correctly I have to buy this "float and pump assembly from bosh for 4k" which can be inserted after getting the fuel tank down. If I remember correctly I have already changed the fuel pump earlier, but its not Ford, I guess its Maurti stuff, not sure though.

For point 2 - There are 2 parts for the silencer. The last part costs 600 rupees here at an FNG - replaced 9 months ago for the same reason. The middle part costs 700 rupees.
      This looks reasonable. However do you know how to source these parts. I mean does any workshop can get it for me, or do I need to buy it from a spare parts shop. Do you have the part names or number by any chance.

I am sure our tank is plastic. Unless yours is metal and it is dented. Which year is your car?
      Its quite old, Aug 2004 make, and I very much believe the fuel tank is plastic.

Vanakkam.
      Shukkriya...

ghost06
      Just BeYourself.....

Sign the petition to allow Annual Tax for Non-KA vehicles in Karnataka: http://goo.gl/Gyl2Of

Dreaming about driving!

Awesome

Most spare shops will carry the ikon silencer , You live in Chennai else i can get it for you. My car is 2000 make. If you have changed the fuel pump already , you may be able to change the pcb card alone.

Awesome

I mean does any workshop can get it for me
      I am sure any competent workshop would be source it for you. Which part of Bangalore are you put up in? I can help you with garages in Maratahalli stuff.

The Rocam workshop manual is 45 MB big. Let me see if that can be compressed
      Please upload to dropbox or google drive and share the link via PM. I don't think it is a good idea to upload in the forum.
      Last edited by jaguar; 25th Jul 2013 at 23:39.

Wow

Awesome

Most spare shops will carry the ikon silencer
      Thats sounds good to me. Is there any particular model/make/alloy I need to look into. Sorry for this noob question, as I am a reall dumb in these aspects.

You live in Chennai else i can get it for you
      Correction, I WORK in Chennai and LIVE in Bangalore.... .. but thank you so much for this....

If you have changed the fuel pump already , you may be able to change the pcb card alone.
      Whats a "PCB card"

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
      Which part of Bangalore are you put up in? I can help you with garages in Maratahalli stuff.
      Thanks jaguar bro... I am put up at Kalyan Nagar / Chelikere Post. I was already recommended to check with "Nithin" who is present here, but time is a big concern for me to drive to him. But I can always use a additional information. Please do suggest me.

Thanks
      ghost06
      Just BeYourself.....

Awesome

I was already recommended to check with "Nithin" who is present here, but time is a big concern for me to drive to him.
      I am here... I am put up in HBR if i can help
      2006 May, Safari Dicor 3.0 (88,500 Kms)
      1985 Mar, Suzuki SS80 DX (47,500 Kms)

2001, MM550 XD
      1950, Land Rover Series 1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information