• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: KERALA Renault customers - BEWARE!!

Toll Free Suresh

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
      In most cases this will be written off, Insurance folks will pay AND then the vehicle(s) will be refurbished in the cheapest way possible and sold to some poor soul.
      You r right. This is what is going to happen. I pity the customer who buys the vehicle. The dealer will somehow try to dispose off the vehicle

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      How these vehicles are treated ?, Goods in Transit ? goods in dealers stock ?, Goods in company's stock ?
      I feel this is completely the problem of the dealer. Kerala is known to get rains during this time. May be this time it could have been on the higher side. The dealer should have taken steps to stock the vehicles not in the way it has been photographed in the yard.

On board BW KESTREL

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by S.Gautam07 View Post
      What is a CODE 6 guy?
      GearHeads India
      The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!

Resident Visitor
      You ask any ricer, any serious
      ricer. It doesn't matter if
      the other guy is racing or
      not. A win is a win

Awesome

Best "Posing with car" photo...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1085055_410546865718096_1813384542_o.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	151832
      Jesus had a Honda.. John 12:49: 'For I did not speak of my own Accord'

2015 Maruti Alto K10 | 2012 Honda City | 2014 Mercedes Benz B180 CDI | 2008 Skoda Octavia

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
      I feel this is completely the problem of the dealer. Kerala is known to get rains during this time. May be this time it could have been on the higher side. The dealer should have taken steps to stock the vehicles not in the way it has been photographed in the yard.
      Come on Sir... Floods can happen everywhere - even in the mountains! So how HIGH do you want to stack anything?

It was bad enough this year for the Cochin Airport to be shut! It has never happened before. So no one can plan for these things.

Nomad - Insurance should cover this (AFAIK). Insurance companies will in-turn auction the vehicle - its the traders who buy who will either refurbish or cannibalize it for parts. Either way it will find its way to an end user.
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
      Best "Posing with car" photo...
      Very sad to see this. Behaviour of the guy who poses with one leg in the door
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

Away!

Awesome

Chennai, Bangalore, Thiruvananthapuram, Mumbai, Delhi
      Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      If Act of God factor (damage due to earthquakes, floods, cloud burst, tsunami etc..) there is no way this can be recoverable from the insurance.
      Insurance companies 'will and have to' cover these. These dealers pay handsome premium to the General insurance companies to cover their business against such incidents. There would not be a question asked and such vehicles (as a process) should be sent back to the manufacturer at salvage value.

I agree that these are for sure going to get refurbished and treated against the water logging damages, which turns the car new (pretty much). I've seen cars from Ford which have hardly run 50kms (as testing prototypes) being sold at 45 to 50% lesser prices to the employees (who have completed 3yrs in Ford payroll can apply for the lottery). All they have to do is to retain the car with them for a min of 1yr. There are 10s of such vehicles sold every yr by Ford. Renault may not hesitate to do so. Btw, Honda have once donated 150 new cars in US (which were refurbished after a Typhoon attack hit their yard) to charity.
      Last edited by Sci-Fi(go); 12th Aug 2013 at 18:07.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Figo TDCi (Titanium) Apr, 2013 ~ till date
      Zen (Lxi), Matiz (SD), Activa (Dx), M800 (A/c), RD350, KB125, Bond50 (monoshock scrambler) - in the order of last date of possession

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information