Madrasipattanam

Awesome

From Silence to Violence! - Renault Pulse Remapped by CODE 6 Tuning

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Remapped_Pulse.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	151802

It all started when I heard the news that our friend's group has started Tuning & Remapping. What if the friend's who know more about and have a ton of experience do that? Double bonanza is it?

As many of you may be aware, my pulse is just 9 months old. Is it good to remap this early? Am I missing something in the stock car to necessarily remap? All doubts got vanished when Mi10 took decision of remapping just a month old car.

So what will happen to the car if I remap? So the testing of Stock car started with few VBOX run's when mclaren1885 came to chennai. The best timing that we could achieve in stock was 13.8 seconds for 0-100kmph.

What I needed? Stock Car goes pretty good till 80kmph or 100kmph. But after that graph goes too down and it takes times to climb post 100kmph. So this car is meant to be pure city car. And not for highway cruise. In highway you can maintain the steady speed of 100kmph in 5th gear and can climb till 120kmph, post that there will be a good vibration which will make you wantedly reduce the speed of the car.

Need improvement in those section. Next that we found it, when Digital Vampire drove when Code6 folks people came to Chennai for remapping mine, CDK's & WildWeasel's is that car has good initial pull, but the power wave dies all too quick. Like puuuf, and then nothing great!!!. So this needs to be corrected. All this were running in our mind.

So the time came finally. 09th August 2013, early morning me & CDK started from chennai after getting confirmation if Code6 team are free on that day for remapping. All set! Green signal

Started from Chennai at 4.50am, it was raining heavily that could not do steady speed. Was cruising at 80-100kmph. Met CDK after Sriperumbadur toll plaza, and then we both went together. Had breakfast and finally reached to Garage by 11am (Had 2 big breaks for an hour). Max speed did is 140kmph.

Started right away with mapping when we reached Garage. tadukuttan, Digital Vampire & mclaren1885 were with us all the time.

Map1 (Best rpm in 3000-4000)

After flashing to map1, took for a short drive to see difference, it was not much difference to the stock. Everything remained same, but from 3k-4k rpm, it flies. I watched the speedo, 40kmph to 80kmph is with a blink. After that everything seems to be stock. Also could not drive past 80kmph due to hectic traffic and many speedbreakers :'(. Reported the same to Rahul, Anoop & Tadu. So they said they will put next map and they started working.

Map2 (Decent speed map)

This map is completely different than map1, has good pull across all speed. Till 2k rpm, its same like stock. Post 2k rpm, car turns to be a different breed. You can literally feel the pull car has. But again could not test much speed due to city roads. Are you happy with the map is the question. I said need some more with a big smile

Map3 (Monster in making)

After asking for a need more power, here comes the best map. Car moves very fast and we dont have breaks in car . Unable to stop the car. I could say this will be the best maps of all. But when you have good and happy, something should come to stop it as per our luck. So came the engine sound and smoke level. Engine sound was ranging 85-86db after this map. And smoke was 20% higher than stock.

Need a good place to test the car. So we just skipped the Lunch and headed to NICE road with me & Digital Vampire on board in Pulse, CDK and my friend on his Swift, tadukuttan mclaren1885 and bro in bimmer 5 series

On to the roads to test the capability of the car. Woah!

With map3, mclaren1885 took for a spin, tadukuttan took for a spin. Digital Vampire dint take over there as he was happy in the way car behaves as he drove from garage to NICE road. Anoop was telling that, car is completely different and he can see a mighty change than the stock that he drove in chennai. Even i felt a great difference while sitting in passenger side.
      tadukuttan after a stretch drive in pulse came back with results,

1st gear - 20kmph
      2nd gear - 80kmph
      3rd gear - 110kmph
      4th gear - 145kmph
      5th gear - 170kmph

*All speeds mentioned above were in speedo and there are chances of speedo error.

I was happy with the way Tadu said. Then i said i will join for testing. Me & Tadu went for a drives to check. It was awesome. 0-150kmph is pretty quick and post that its slow progress. Who cares post 150kmph is the question

For 1500cc engine, 64bhp car. This is more than enough.

As i said earlier, engine sound and smoke level is more. So we were forced to change this map. So changed the same and now its time for V4.

Map4 (All in all map with best of all a.k.a Monster of monsters)

Until i tested car with this map, i thought V3 map is the best and monster. I was proven wrong. This V4 is the real monster .

Engine sound is 2db less than stock car. Stock car is 83-84db. Not car engine sounds 81-82db. Smoke level is less than stock car. Power is more than V3. What more you needed?

And so settled with the V4, after several runs/tests by all Code6 crew.

Vbox runs will be shared soon (Dint do actual tests for which we dint find a road and time. This will be tested later on).

Atlast happy with the way car turned out to be! Thanks a ton to the Code6 team for their map, time & dedication for perfection. You guys rock!

***Sorry for big post, need to run out for a drive. After remapping i am roaming more as i enjoy driving more now. Uh, fuel bills should be reimbursed by you Code6 team

Disclaimer : All tests are performed only to test the ability and in safer environment without harming public.
      Last edited by Pradeep; 12th Aug 2013 at 10:27.
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Tempting Screenshot from the Video shot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3549.PNG 
Views:	330 
Size:	926.6 KB 
ID:	151803

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

following a 'Linea'r
      progression

Secret

Congratulations Pradeep.

At last the pulse gets it's pulse!

FORD FIGO TDCI

Awesome

CONGRATS CODE 6 Team , Another Feather on your Cap !!!! Keep the Flag flying High !!! Pradeep you have a DEADLY CAR now , Drive SAFE .

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Very well done with amount of Power Pulse has to offer and what could be achieved out of that.. Kudos to CODE6 mclaren1885 Digital Vampire tadukuttan
      Clarion NX-706| Biketronics BT4180 | Sinfoni Allegro | Soundigital 1200.1 | Audible Physics Brahma6W | Audible Physics NZ3AlBe | Morel Ultimo | Klotz 12ga LY225t| Mogami RCA| Pure Silver RCA

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by S.KUMAR View Post
      Pradeep you have a DEADLY CAR now , Drive SAFE .
      Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
      At last the pulse gets it's pulse!
      Yeah

Reboot
      Curiosity killed the cat;
      Insecurity killed the man

Hungry

Awesome job Code 6 team !

Even in stock form the car 'Feels' Very zippy to drive. I am waiting to drive this little Brat now !

Pradeep Time for Remapped Meet !

And see if you can do anything about the Brakes. It is kinda risky with those sponges, as the car is now making more power now !
      RIP Penguin May 2013 - Dec 2015

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
      Pradeep Time for Remapped Meet !
      Sure Praveen.

I am waiting to drive this little Brat now !
      Anytime. Love the pull now. 4th gear all the way from 40-140

And see if you can do anything about the Brakes. It is kinda risky with those sponges, as the car is now making more power now !
      Yes, this is priority 1 now. Have to sought out this issue for sure.

hanging tight :/

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Pradeep View Post
      1st gear - 20kmph
      2nd gear - 80kmph
      3rd gear - 110kmph
      4th gear - 145kmph
      5th gear - 170kmph
      Awesome work guys .... 170 that too on pulse ... Believe me On highway people like me who dont know much about remapping will surely think you are driving some big car engine inside your pulse ...Congrats Pradeep

How does it impact the fuel economy? Also, please guide me to links to know more about remapping .. getting tempted to do in future on my car
      Last edited by Ghost Rider; 12th Aug 2013 at 12:19.
      Ghost Rider is Riding with the Potholes in Bangalore ..... :-[

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by S.Gautam07 View Post
      Also, please guide me to links to know more about remapping .. getting tempted to do in future on my car
      Here you go,

Guide to Tuning Boxes and Remaps

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information