• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making of a warrior – My Code 6 Tuned Stallion

In Bhai We Trust

Awesome

Making of a warrior – My Code 6 Tuned Stallion

““To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.”” - Carlos Castenada

It was year 2009. Dad was about to retire in two years and I had just started my career. I wanted to gift him a car when he retired. Sounded a big dream but still I wanted my dad to have his own vehicle like he had throughout his career. Then I started pursuing the dream by saving each and every penny possible. I started the search for a used car by late 2010. When I asked my dad his preference he said anything white which has a boot and runs on diesel. Sounds simple right? It was the time when I didn't even know these forums existed. After seeing dozen of cars, going through exorbitant quotes, meeting used car mafias, I narrowed in on a used Accent CRDI. White of course. Dad was happy with the car and so was I. We paid the advance amount and when I asked my mechanic to check the car he gave a no go. Dejected, we came back home and Dad said, go ahead and book a new car. The next day, I went to Popular Maruti and booked the Swift VDI. I had saved 3 lakhs and the rest was covered by a loan. This was in December 2010. After daily visits to showroom, constant pestering, pressurizing through regional heads, my car was allotted by end January and I took delivery by 04.02.2011. Later the service adviser told me that mine was one of the first dispatches of 2011 model as the sales head of the showroom wanted to get rid of me as he was bewildered by the amount of free coffee and tea I was gulping down every visit

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6R.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	209.7 KB 
ID:	152538

The initial driving :

I had learnt driving in a Mahindra Maxi Cab. Then migrated(!) to a MM540 DP, Force Trax, Tata Sumo Victa and finally a quails. It was the first time I was going to drive a hatch and the fear had crept in. After the delivery, while climbing the petrol bunk ramp, I stalled the vehicle. One attendant there started laughing at my driving and that is when I decided that I will learn to tame this beast, become a good driver no matter how much effort and time it takes. I started taking the car to my office on a daily basis despite I had free transport available. The route to my office has dense neck to neck container and tipper traffic. However, I was determined to learn and gradually it kicked in. My friend always says that Swift is a beginners car, it teaches you step by step. I tried step by step, half clutch, clutch driving in stop and go traffic, engine braking, high speed maneuvering and I must say I am still in the learning phase.

Name:	1R.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	315.8 KB 
ID:	152533

Power – Give me more!

Once I was confident enough, I started the long trips. I was happy with the car. The fuel efficiency, the reliability, the handling, the braking almost everything. Except for two things. The space and the power. The car lacked power! I found it too tough to keep up with old gen vernas, ford ikons, Puntos let alone think of dusters and scorpios. And it was oil in the burning wound when small kids wave a good bye from the overtaking car!

One fine day, when I traveled to Bangalore to have food at Millers, I was speaking with tadukuttan for the possibilities of making my car more powerful. Little did I realize that my next meet with tadu will be for my Car tuning.

When I heard about Praveen’s car being remapped, I decided to travel to Kolar just to try. Frankly speaking, I was not in the slightest idea of remapping, but the drive that night with Mi10 and xander changed the entire perspective. By the time I reached Chittoor CCD seeing the way Praveen driving his car , I was pretty sure I am going to remap the car with Code 6 Tuning.

Name:	2R.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	339.9 KB 
ID:	152534

The Monster Map :

The first map was flashed and tadu and mclaren1885 ask me to take the car for a spin. I tell them I can give a comment only after I drive in the highway. I drove in the city and I told them I don’t find any difference. Both tadu and Rahul drove and they said the car is scarily fast. I was still not convinced and they asked me to take the car to Ambur the next day where they’ll try different maps. Next day was a Sunday and early morning I was driving in the near empty Bangalore roads I started feeling some difference. I didn’t push much and roamed the city with my friend. After the usual lunch at Millers, I started to Chennai. The moment I touched the Elevated toll way, I could realise that the car is flying! I could clearly see the difference in the way the car behaved. Slight tap on the accelerator and the speedo easily touched 120. Some more tap – 140, 160 and the car was roaring to go. It was a savage from there on. The distance between Electronics city toll gate and Attibele toll was covered in 11 minutes flat. Within no time I reached Ambur. However the Code 6 team thought the smoke was on the higher side and they wanted me to wait for a newer map. With a heavy heart I asked the team to put back the stock map. Within 5 Kms of driving the stock map, I call up Rahul and tell him that the car is moving like Shit and returned to Chennai cursing myself for reverting to stock

The Warrior is now ready :

After a month I got a call from our evil vampire that my new poison is ready. I instantly planned, fixed up a date and drove to Bangalore. Some 7 different types of maps were tried and finally a map that balances smoke and power was finalized and flashed. Along with this K&N stock replacement filter was fitted. After a go ahead from tadu on the smoke part, they asked me to try it and give a feedback. Since I was in a hurry to leave, I said I’ll give a feedback after driving for some kilometers.

I have driven almost 2500 Kms post the map. I have done a Bangalore – Madikeri – Chennai trip and Chennai – Valparai round trip. I am totally in love with the map.

Name:	5R.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	553.8 KB 
ID:	152537

Performance:

The car touches 80 KMPH in 3rd gear easily, climbs up to 110 in 4th gear without an effort and touches 150 in 5th gear without breaking a sweat! Normal cruising speed in highway has now become 140 – 150 from 110 – 120 earlier. It is extremely difficult to keep the car under 120 KMPH in the highway. Only possibility is to accelerate the vehicle and take your leg off the pedal.

On a empty stretch from Ulundurpet – Salem I tried maxing out the speedo and it maxed out at 175 KMPH.

Smoke is as usual. I don’t mind smoke in exchange for performance. The vehicle slightly smokes while accelerating continuously post 150 KMPH which I am said is normal and I absolutely don’t care about it

I am running 185/70R14 Michelin Enery Xm2s and I love the tyres. Both the grip and braking are very good and I can comfortably corner in speeds above 120 KMPH.

Brakes are good and I have nothing to complain about.

I neither checked 0 – 100 timings nor dyno’d the car as I don’t care about the timings. All I want is a car that can move really fast in the highway and I have one now

As far as mileage is concerned, I am too busy pushing the car to its extreme limits to test the mileage. I am getting around 15 kmpl after continuously cruising in the 140 – 160 range. I’ll probably get some amazing figures when I get back to my senses and start driving sedately.

Name:	3R.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	612.6 KB 
ID:	152535

Name:	4R.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	389.3 KB 
ID:	152536

Why Code 6 Tuning?

• I don’t spend money that easily. My car is bone stock that it doesn’t even have a seat cover. My only upgrade till date was a 100/90 with a relay to help in my night drives. The rates that are offered in Code 6 Tuning are pure VFM!
      • Code 6 tuning is a team of people who really know what they do and are good at that. They are competent both technically and facility wise. Praveen’s Rapid, Pradeep’s Pulse and Biju’s Punto are examples to their technical expertise. And to add to this, they write their own maps!
      • They are dedicated people. They try as much ever maps till you are satisfied. Even if you are satisfied they don’t stop till each and every one of them is satisfied. For example, it took three full days to get the right choice for me and not even one sign of fatigue from them. In fact, I was in a hurry that day and we wound up by night else the testing would have continued till next morning.
      • I can always go back to them and ask for any changes that I want. They are available for all technical queries.
      • Last but not the least, they know some good places in Bangalore which serves awesome food

Folks, sorry for the longgggggg post. I know I am bad at writing and expressing things through writing. If you really want to know how my map is, ride shotgun with me and watch my face when I drive

"With Power comes responsibility. With great power comes great responsibility."

P.S. All photo credits to Pradeep. Thanks for your patience mate
      Pulsar'09 | Swift'11 VDI |Indica'11 DLS| RE CL350
      "If Death Comes before I prove my blood, I promise I'll Kill Death!" - Capt. Vikram Bhatra (Param Vir Chakra)

hanging tight :/

Hungry

Wonderful write up, Congrats for your Grown up kid which can be called a beast now CDK

Also hats off to the #code6 team, you guys are awesome who turns a kid into Beast overnight
      Ghost Rider is Riding with the Potholes in Bangalore ..... :-[

Enjoying Bangalore rain and
      weather

Awesome

Hi CDK. Welcome to the Code6 gang. I am enjoying my Dzire Vdi (must be the same ECU as your Swift Vdi). I have undergone three to four remaps. Now my vehicle is butter smooth and pulls in the city traffic without effort. I am yet to touch the figures you have done. Try the following:

a. ABRO Diesel Injector Cleaner (2 tank fulls)
      b. Shift to Shell Diesel tankful (Rs. 65.55/ltr in Bangalore). The engine is very smooth and you could feel the difference instantaneously.

Enjoy the beast and drive safe.
      Dzire Vdi 2010
      Matiz SD 2000
      TVS Streak 2009
      Kawasaki 4S 1995

"Success is like your own shadow, if u try to catch then u will never succeed, ignore it and walk in your own way....it will follow u.."

Resident Visitor
      You ask any ricer, any serious
      ricer. It doesn't matter if
      the other guy is racing or
      not. A win is a win

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by CDK View Post
      "With Power comes responsibility. With great power comes great responsibility."
      "And with great torque comes great fun "

Excellent write up CDK.. Glad to know you got the perfect map. I can see you are enjoying your drives to the core now.

If you really want to know how my map is, ride shotgun with me
      Thats a better proposition than following you while you drive
      Jesus had a Honda.. John 12:49: 'For I did not speak of my own Accord'

2015 Maruti Alto K10 | 2012 Honda City | 2014 Mercedes Benz B180 CDI | 2008 Skoda Octavia

A well oiled machine

Awesome

Super CDK. Enjoy the beast! How does it feel overtaking 'mighty' cars at 175km/hr?
      Last edited by keerthi; 20th Aug 2013 at 01:01.

Wow

Awesome

Super CDK... hope you are enjoying your drive much better now than the previously driven...

ghost06
      Just BeYourself.....

Sign the petition to allow Annual Tax for Non-KA vehicles in Karnataka: http://goo.gl/Gyl2Of

In Bhai We Trust

Awesome

My sincere and heartfelt thanks to Digital Vampire tadukuttan & mclaren1885 for patiently listening to my rants and managing me throughout the remap exercise. You guys are just down to earth. The dedication commitment and humbleness is definitely going to take you to places

Quote Originally Posted by WOODSNAKE View Post
      Hi CDK. Welcome to the Code6 gang. I am enjoying my Dzire Vdi (must be the same ECU as your Swift Vdi). I have undergone three to four remaps. Now my vehicle is butter smooth and pulls in the city traffic without effort. I am yet to touch the figures you have done. Try the following:

a. ABRO Diesel Injector Cleaner (2 tank fulls)
      b. Shift to Shell Diesel tankful (Rs. 65.55/ltr in Bangalore). The engine is very smooth and you could feel the difference instantaneously.

Enjoy the beast and drive safe.
      Thank you Sir. i am using System D in place of ABRO. Hope that is ok. I found the vehicle to be Butter smooth after using System D. As far as Shell, with the rate in which I am driving (1500 kms / week ) I don't think I can afford it And most of my runs are in highway, I rarely drive in the city

Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
      Thats a better proposition than following you while you drive
      xander - Remember your exhaust note is the primary reason for all these hunger for power

Quote Originally Posted by keerthi View Post
      How does it feel overtaking 'mighty' cars at 175km/hr?
      I am now able to overtake spiritedly driven Ventos and Dusters and Scorpios with ease. During the return leg from Salem to Chennai, I found it difficult to keep up with a XUV 5OO. That thing is faster than mine in its stock form. Cant imagine the thing's performance if it is remapped.
      Pulsar'09 | Swift'11 VDI |Indica'11 DLS| RE CL350
      "If Death Comes before I prove my blood, I promise I'll Kill Death!" - Capt. Vikram Bhatra (Param Vir Chakra)

following a 'Linea'r
      progression

Secret

Awesome write-up straight from the heart. You made me feel as if I was sitting with you inside the car enjoying the drives - especially the remapped parts.

I know I am bad at writing and expressing things through writing.
      The person who told you this - smoke him/her with your new weapon - your swift!

KaTooMed

Secret

^ +1
      Congrats CDK! Enjoy ur stallion

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

Awesome writeup and great pictures, and to boot, a fast car as well. Enjoy your ride CDK!
      In pursuit of happiness, and happiness drives very fast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information