• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Nano Journey

Rider by Passion

Awesome

Question A Nano Journey

Hello Brothers,

I have booked a Nano Last week from VST motors, Chennai.

This will be the first car in my family. So i am not sure about anything.

The on road cost is 230000 Chennai for the 2012 Nano CX model.

I have to pay 41000 initially and the rest will be paid monthly on EMI.

I work from Tata group and as an employees offer I get

1) No interest on EMI (I prefered)
      or
      2) Discount upto 50000 rs on full payment with interest on EMI (if loan is sourced)
      VST motors has promoted this offer for the Nano and Vista models assisted by Tata Finance.

Some questions in my mind are

1) How can i Verify that is is a 2012 model only ?
      The sales person told that the offer is only for the last set of 2012 model vehicles physically available in the showroom and not for any new vehicles from the factory.

2) Silver and White color is not available. They have provided only the Gold, Orange, Red and Neon color.
      The Website shows that Silver and White are available for CX model but the showroom guy was sure that the silver color is no more available and only should be a part of 2013 model vehicles.

3) Is there any compliments i could expect ? (fuel, seat covers, floor mat, 12V socket anything else i should ask for ?)
      Any other things I need to know. ?

I cannot strech out a little and get an Alto or a some other bigger car. Nano will be only for City use.

Your inputs will be highly valuable.

Thank you.

There's three things men
      always talk about - women,
      sports, and cars.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPanther View Post
      s there any compliments i could expect ? (fuel, seat covers, floor mat, 12V socket anything else i should ask for ?)
      You can get floor mats and steering wheel cover easily and if you are good in bargaining can get some cash discount of 3000 rs.. I got these while I got my Nano with my less bargaining capabilities.
      i20 -2011 / Alto K10 AMT-2015 /HH-Pleasure-2010/ HH CD100 SS-1996/ Hercules ACT 110

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

First of all congrats on the new car !

The on road cost is 230000 Chennai for the 2012 Nano CX model.
      We're almost in the second half of 2013 & why a 2012 model now ? Remember for dated vehicles, you can bargain for a good discount.

The Website shows that Silver and White are available for CX model but the showroom guy was sure that the silver color is no more available and only should be a part of 2013 model vehicles.
      This could be because they don't have those colors in stock & hence that reason is given. Beware of all these Sales talk. They will give all **** & bull stories, but turn out a deaf ear for all of 'em.

If they're not budging for a cash discount because of 2012 model vehicle, ask for as many useful accessories as you can. Usually stupid accessories like Perfume bottle, small God idle, stickers would be given free. Don't settle for them. Demand for something like what you've mentioned Floor mats / Fuel / Sun Film / Body treatment (Under body rust proof coating) / Steering Cover / Central Locking (if not available as a factory accessory) / Audio system (basic one), etc.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

A well oiled machine

Awesome

+1 to what others have said.

They are disposing off their old stock so you can expect a chunky discount. Apart from what Lvramanan suggested, ask them if they can waive off insurance premium for the first year. Check this site to verify your VIN. Before signing off your papers, get your VIN number from the SA, validate it at the website and verify the same by visiting the yard/showroom.

And welcome to GH and happy to see you here BlackPanther (the fork oil is being replaced in my bike as you suggested )
      Last edited by keerthi; 26th Aug 2013 at 16:13.

chennai

Awesome

I would suggest that you get a cash discount .I hope you do not get me wrong , but it is not really worth to go in for that model and especially at the given price . A little more effort , you get the maruti 800 . I have seen quite a few used very low mileage nano cars , the 2012 and the 2013 models going for around 1 to 1.4 lakhs only .Do not fall for the 50,000 interest crap . Imagine we are almost at the fag end of 013 and your car will be 2 years old in about 3 months from now . Since , you are in the TATA group , i would suggest that you contact TATA Finance for geting a repossessed Nano . They have a huge stock of cars with some cars as low as 500kms . They have a yard at avadi-poonamalle road .
      Last edited by Yu Gz; 26th Aug 2013 at 17:10.

Toll Free Suresh

Awesome

I have booked a Nano Last week from VST motors, Chennai.
      Is your car a december 12 model. Plz chk for this. Note that we are coming to the fag end of this year 2013. So why go for a '12 model.

Rider by Passion

Awesome

Dear All,

Thank you for your inputs.

I checked the VST service station at Poonamalle and found the vehicles are manufacured during 2012 or 2013 (Model is 2012).

2013 model is yet to hit showroom and they do not carry that offer for it.

I will bargain for accessories.

I would be happy if they install Alloy as a compliment instead of steel wheels though it will not be possible

Hi Yu GZ,

I ruled out 800 and Alto because of my size. My Knees almost hit the dashboard or the steering of the Alto. Nano was eaze to get in the car and 5 people were seated happily inside during the test drive. 2* 95 Kg people in Front seats and 3* 70+ Kg guys in the back.

I dont have enough money to pay up-front and get the vehicle.
      I ruled out an Used car because the Price would be 1.5 Lack. But if I take a loan for one lack paying 50K as an advance, the interest on EMI will go for another 1-2 years and i would actually pay 1.80 - 1.90 for a Used vehicle.

To my Surprise, I saw 7 People on a red CX model on OMR road, Chennai yesterday. 6 Adults and a `10 year old. He was crusing at 70+ Kmph with ease

Rider by Passion

Awesome

What is " Bezell Around Speakers " ?

The Terminator

Awesome

Try to get 2013 Nano. It's already launched here. Best wishes in advance for your first car. Drive safe.
      Rabid Dog Club - Bite First, Bark Later.

Rider by Passion

Awesome

I got my Nano CX (Gold Color) registered on Sep 6th as said by the sales rep.

We called the showroom around 10AM on Sep 7th and informed that we will be there by 12 Noon. When we reached there the car was ready except for the number plate to be fitted.

Decoded the VIN number and found it to be a 2012 October make.

TN 12 XXXX was stickered and here we go. The Showroom people did pooja and handed over the keys. They took a quick photo and provided the photo with a decent table frame in 2 minutes.

Car was already fitted with central locking, mud flaps and floor mats as compliments.

Someone explained about the controls and the location of the fuses, etc. I was almost deaf now sitting in the drivers seat

88kms were already done on on ODO. I know the car came from the Yard to RTO and from there to Showroom.

My friend who is well experienced in driving drove the car back home. He being 6 Feet tall and 100Kgs felt the car to be very spacious and comfortable however was cribbing about the gear shifts...

AC was so chilling that we had to turn it off a few times on our short 25 Kms way back home.

I found the steering to be hard but later found that Air was not filled up to the recommended levels. Filled 30 PSI on all wheels and thats where i found that this manual steering is almost equal to the power steering. I felt it rather same with almost no differences. This is my personal opinion.

6 of us went for a short 7Kms ride with 4 in the rear seat. Suspension was very good enough on bad roads.

So far completed 150 Kms on the ODO. I love the turning radius of this Car.

Will give updates after a few hunder Kms of ride.

I could not find the rear parcel tray which i saw in a Test drive vehicle. Is it standard in all the models. ?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information