• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: 2000 Fiat Uno Diesel

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

2000 Fiat Uno Diesel

Good Morning Friends,

I have bought my first Diesel car - a 2000 model Fiat Uno 1.7 recently. MAny may have questions that if at all wanted to go for diesel, then why the obsolete Fiat UNO? That is because I had my Fiat Uno in Petrol earlier and was happy and confident about its performance and also I have some emotional attachment to Fiat UNO.

I have some issues that I am unable to figure out if it is a technical problem or to be named as difference between Petrol and Diesel because of my all previous experience of driving Petrol variants only.

When I try to move the car in up hill direction from a stand still, I find it hard to climb. The accelerator pedal I tried pressing hard to its max but the response is hardly felt. The same in a plain area the car takes off freely without any strain. Please advise if this is something technical snag or a difference between Uno Petrol and Diesel? Also guide me with the solution if any has to be done as I tried with a few mechanics to identify the problem and some sat its diesel and some say its clutch and others point to the BOSCH pump.

I am totally confused. Please help.

Regards,

M.S. Girish
      Mobile: 08142-565-355
      M.S.Girish - 08142-565-355

A modern car is like a medicine that's thrown away when it expires, A classic car is like Cognac, the more it ages, more good it gets!

Awesome

Congrats MSGirish1979.

May be you need to change your driving style to adapt to driving Diesel cars.

There is a thread you definitely will find useful - Driving a Diesel - Things to remember

Another thread is there, though specific to Figo, but you can find some posts from mclaren1885 and Evolution88 explaining the driving diesel car on hill climb. Please have a look at -

Figo Ghat Climbing and Overtaking - post 11

Figo Ghat Climbing and Overtaking - post 50

Figo Ghat Climbing and Overtaking - post 89
      Last edited by Dev11; 5th Sep 2013 at 11:28.

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
      mclaren1885 and @%1; explaining
      Dude, some mentioning went wrong.
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

Awesome

Friends,

Being my first Diesel vehicle, I need the factory manual for Fiat Uno 1.7 Diesel. If anybody has it, can you please share a copy of the same with me?

Regards,

A modern car is like a medicine that's thrown away when it expires, A classic car is like Cognac, the more it ages, more good it gets!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
      Congrats MSGirish1979.

May be you need to change your driving style to adapt to driving Diesel cars.

There is a thread you definitely will find useful - [URL="http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?922-Driving-a-Diesel-Things-to-remember"]Driving a Diesel - Things to remember[/URL
      I thought this is for turbo diesel. Uno has NA diesel.
      2016 Polo GT TDI
      2015 Polo GT TSI
      2014 BMW 320 d sport line
      2013 Ford Figo 1.4 TDCI Titanium

OCD

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by MSGirish1979 View Post
      Friends,

Being my first Diesel vehicle, I need the factory manual for Fiat Uno 1.7 Diesel. If anybody has it, can you please share a copy of the same with me?

Regards,
      http://www.fiatclub.eu/graphics/manuals/15/uno.pdf

Awesome

Hi Friends,

Need ur help badly. Just noticed after coming back from offfice that there is atrail of diesel leaking under the injection pump of my car. I tried to check it when the car was turned off but there was no leak but when I turned on the engine, the diesel again started dripping under the car. Because that UNO does not have a good ground clearance and that I dont have the hydraulic jack, I could not locate the exact location but while trying to trace the location by looking under the bumper, I found that the diesel is leaking from the injector pump over the AC compressor and coming down to the floor under my car. Can anybody sugest what can be the reason behind and what is the process to go through as I am new in Hyderabad and I have observed that mechanics here take u for a good wealthy ride if you are new to the city.

Please suggest. I tried to check on videos through youtube but could not find any particular video that is similar to my problem.

Regards,

boseroni5

Awesome

Cool Facing same probs...dear Girish

Quote Originally Posted by MSGirish1979 View Post
      Hi Friends,

Need ur help badly. Just noticed after coming back from offfice that there is atrail of diesel leaking under the injection pump of my car. I tried to check it when the car was turned off but there was no leak but when I turned on the engine, the diesel again started dripping under the car. Because that UNO does not have a good ground clearance and that I dont have the hydraulic jack, I could not locate the exact location but while trying to trace the location by looking under the bumper, I found that the diesel is leaking from the injector pump over the AC compressor and coming down to the floor under my car. Can anybody sugest what can be the reason behind and what is the process to go through as I am new in Hyderabad and I have observed that mechanics here take u for a good wealthy ride if you are new to the city.

Please suggest. I tried to check on videos through youtube but could not find any particular video that is similar to my problem.

Regards,
      I too facing the same probs with my Fiat Uno 1.7 D. Some mechanics told that the oil pump has to be rectified for any fault & for that they will need to open it for servicing which will cost around 3-3.5 k. Hv u got rid off ur probs... if yes plz share with me...TNX

Thread Information