• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spare Parts Prices

Forget and forgive. Live and
      let live. Learn and learn to

Awesome

Spare Parts Prices

Although, I am aware that this is the thread for quanto, I am going to be putting up the prices of servicing of all the mahindra cars that I maintain. I would request the moderators to shift the thread but not put this post as a separate thread since I am not going to be posting about the ownership experience of the quanto, but just the service price and parts price. Thats it.

Here is the latest service and parts price of the bolero pick-up which was sent for service (car has completed 270k kms as of today).

Let me know where all I have been tricked, since I was out of town when the car was serviced. I am yet to pay the bill (although the car has been released)
      Yea the bolero took up 500kg of grease

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130905_152817.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	154234

Name:	20130905_153024.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	154235

Thanks,
      Simple_car

Awesome

Tagging #Mahindra owners and shishirbn. Can anybody help me here please? The car had gone for a brake overhaul, and 2 of the windows were not closing and opening properly. Can anybody point out where all I have been had?
      I am going to be making a payment in 2-3 days.

Thanks,
      Simple_car

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

ARe you buying the whole vehicle parts and assembling it ... SO many parts going into the vehicle. I doubt about that.

It is almost like a new vehicle then.

Coming to the parts cost

1. 500kg Grease which you have already mentioned.
      2. I don't know if 2 diesel/fuel filters are required. The fuel filter which I know will cost 1670 plus tax
      3. Clutch pedal rubber cost 17/- and it is just one piece. I don't know where did they fit the 2nd one
      4. when they are putting 2 new rotors for the front door to lift the glass then why Labour for all the 4 doors.
      5. Labor charge for brake pad replacement/over hauling is 650/- IMO
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
      ARe you buying the whole vehicle parts and assembling it ... SO many parts going into the vehicle.
      Lol no. The number of parts are high since I had asked them to do a complete overhaul of brakes in the car. This is the first time in 4 years that the car's brakes are being changed. Previously, at around 100k and 170k kms, only the brake pads were changed. The rear brake lines have never been touched till date. I went for a complete overhaul myself, just for peace of mind, and safety for my drivers. So the number of parts are high.

The car is actually pretty battered due to all this running.

Few things that I have not clarified:
      1. The handles were replaced since they had been eaten away by rust completely. Some jugaad was done by a local mech so that we can open the doors. I was waiting till service to get them replaced.
      2. The seats were completely worn and had huge 'potholes' in them with all the innards exposed due to the sweat (I didn't know sweat would eat into vinyl seats!). I wanted the A.S.S. to restore the seats first since the car was anyways going for a huge service. Outside quote was ~1000 bucks but, I was ok with the A.S.S. charge. I am thinking of fitting a fabric seat cover aftermarket.
      3. The engine cleaning includes the engine flush since the car has overshot the service interval by 10k kms.

500kg Grease which you have already mentioned.
      That is a typo. It is 500 gms. They have chraged half.

I don't know if 2 diesel/fuel filters are required. The fuel filter which I know will cost 1670 plus tax
      Yea, this is something I am also wondering about. I thought there was only 1. I will check for this. However the fuel filter you have mentioned, is it for the DI engine bolero?

Clutch pedal rubber cost 17/- and it is just one piece. I don't know where did they fit the 2nd one
      Thanks for this. I will check this.

when they are putting 2 new rotors for the front door to lift the glass then why Labour for all the 4 doors.
      The rotors are the brake rotors. Yes, the they have changed the glass assy. for front 2 glasses only, and charged labour for all 4. I have already mentioned this to the manager, who has deducted the charges from the bill.

Labor charge for brake pad replacement/over hauling is 650/- IMO
      Does this even include the rear brake overhauling? Do you have any bill that I can show them about?

I am actually confused on 2 things in the bill:
      1. What is this drum turning? I have never replaced drums in any car before hence I am confused.
      2. What is this chamber packing? I can't seem to understand this and the explanation given to me confused me even further. I couldn't understand the mech's explanation at all.

Thanks,
      Simple_car

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Ask him to show you where the front hub oil seals are as there are no oil seals in the front hub. He charged you only 85 INR and the same price for two. The front bearings on FWD cars are already prepacked with grease and oilseals.
      As you can see, these seals cannot be removed without damaging them and new seals are not sold as spare parts.

Name:	bearing seal.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	664.4 KB 
ID:	154582

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      Ask him to show you where the front hub oil seals are as there are no oil seals in the front hub. He charged you only 85 INR and the same price for two.
      Sadly this won't be possible due to my own constraints. However, I will see what all I can do to reduce the price. I have found a guy who will service these cars outside of A.S.S. I think this is the last time I will be sending the bolero's for service to mahindra A.S.S. (although these guys did a good job of the car, it feels absolutely fresh!).

Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      The front bearings on FWD cars are already prepacked with grease and oilseals.
      Thanks a lot
      Fyi, the bolero in question is a RWD pick up. Really battered due to the road conditions where it goes. I am not finding enough time to dedicate myself to fix this car properly. Hence I am right now relying on A.S.S. only. Plus, 15k a year considering it runs ~30-40k kms a year is pretty reasonable according to me. What say?
      P.S. I really love this car. Sadly, I am unable to convince anyone in my family to let me use it daily

Thanks,
      Simple_car

the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
      the bolero in question is a RWD pick up
      If its RWD the front bearings are conical and a separate seal is used. When I buy bearings here I get the lot in a box with the front axle nut, seals, a tube of grease and the bearing. With FWD cars the centre bolt, circlip and both bolts for the lower ball joint are included.

Awesome

Indian, any thoughts on this:

1. What is this drum turning? I have never replaced drums in any car before hence I am confused.
      2. What is this chamber packing? I can't seem to understand this and the explanation given to me confused me even further. I couldn't understand the mech's explanation at all.
      Thanks,
      Simple_car

the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Indian, any thoughts on this:
      Drum turning is shaving the inside of the brake drum in a lathe to remove ridges and make it smooth. In Europe its cheaper to buy new ones. Undersized brake shoes are then fitted. Brake discs can also be lathed down to stop pulsating front brakes but normally just replaced today. This practice was stopped in the West about 30 years ago due to the cost of labour.
      Chamber packing is just greasing the bearing and housing.
      Last edited by Indian; 9th Sep 2013 at 15:16.

the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

The guy has forgotten to charge you for the number of steps he took to the car, opening the bonnet and doors and taking off the wheels. I would have asked them about the extras. Greasing a bearing takes seconds and should be included in the cost of fitting the bearing. I think you are being ripped off here. It puzzles me that the car has 2 diesel filters and 2 clutch pedals. 7 liters of oil??? Does your car have a dry sump?
      What is Annabond?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information