• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help GURU's

I am insane to b sane....

Awesome

Exclamation Need help GURU's

Finally I have nailed on CBR 250R. But I am little confused about using it in city traffic of Kolkata. As most of the owners are suggesting it is not the bike meant for bumper to bumper traffic, but then I will go for trips also even if I will use it mostly for commuting. Any suggestions??????? (RE's ruled out)
      B Insane to B Sane.....

OCD

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by maadyy View Post
      use it mostly for commuting
      I don't know if CBR is a city commuter or not. My only advice is that if it isn't, don't buy it. People buy all kinds of aspirational vehicles thinking "I will go for highway drives" but honestly, if it is to be used in city B2B traffic, then buy something that works in that traffic.

Saving for a T-Jet

Awesome

Finally I have nailed on CBR 250R.
      Go for it.. It is a nice bike to own and makes you smile each time you take it on a highway.

As most of the owners are suggesting it is not the bike meant for bumper to bumper traffic
      I have used/Still using Yamaha R15 in Bangalore City traffic, The only problem with that is, as it does not have upright seating position instead slightly sporty, all the weight gets transferred on to the wrists in B2B traffic and it starts paining after a while. But you will get used to it over the period of time.

Moreover I found CBR's seating position to be slightly more upright than R15's, so it could be better. The other problem is these bikes do not have much torque in low RPM and you will end up changing gears more often than say.. Pulsar.

I am insane to b sane....

Awesome

Reasons I selected CBR 250R:

1. Obvious looks (fairing), I like it.
      2. During test ride felt quite happy... actually the bike itself put a smile in my face.
      3. 250CC, as I am currently doing my routine with P150 looking for some better upgrade in terms of smooth engine and cubic capacity.
      4. Disc brakes.
      5. Wider tyre.
      6. Pillion comfort is better than other bikes in this segment. (RE's not to be considered here)

Read somewhere that if I am unable to take it to 6th gear I might end up harming the engine. As I will be in city traffic of Kolkata I won't be able to take it to 6th gear until I don't take it to highways which will be possible only in weekends. Daily commuting will be max 40km in city traffic.
      B Insane to B Sane.....

driveclean.in

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
      f it is to be used in city B2B traffic, then buy something that works in that traffic
      Proper piece of practical advice.

When I search for new city commute bike, one of my friend suggested not to go for fancy ones. Even he told to look out good second hand bike. So, I bought 3 years old yamaha Gladiator, done 19,000 kms for 25,000 rupees in a damn good condition. The new one costs 60,000 rupees. So, the difference money, I can fill fuel for another 5 years for this bike.

A well oiled machine

Awesome

A 250cc sports bike for B2B Kolkata traffic? Bad choice. But buy it if you like it.

Getting Started..

Hungry

Agree with others. Cbr250 looks very good on paper, but gets boring after a while. Just my opinion.

Have you considered the duke 200?

MaSh

OCD

Awesome

Honda Activa - That's what you need in Kolkata traffic. No pun intended. You can buy a CBR 250, Duke 390 or whatever else if you hit the highway every weekend. Else, you are just preparing yourself for heartburn.

Saving for a T-Jet

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
      Honda Activa - That's what you need in Kolkata traffic. No pun intended. You can buy a CBR 250, Duke 390 or whatever else if you hit the highway every weekend. Else, you are just preparing yourself for heartburn.
      Or buy a CBR or Duke you will hit the highway every weekend anyway

Dreaming!!!

Awesome

Reasons I selected CBR 250R:
      I have heard of people who own Hyosung GT650R and use it as a daily ride. I didn’t mean they don’t have any issues riding it but the passion is what has kept them going.

If you love the bike, go for it. You will not regret.

Else you might end up in a traffic light next to a CBR cursing yourself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information