• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help to decide on a Pick Up truck, I like Xenon XT

Forget and forgive. Live and
      let live. Learn and learn to

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by autobot View Post
      If they had better network or some owners here could have thought about it. Are there any niggles I need to be worried about if I go for Camper?
      Yea Isuzu's network is too sparce at the moment. I completely forgot that their showroom was in hyd (thought it was in bangalore). But, otherwise, the vehicle is solid.

Camper.. well, here's what I think:

- if you are going to drive it personally or be driven in it, I think you should go for the better engine and suspension variant. Mine is the most basic model with the DI engine, 4 speed gearbox (w/o synchro!!), and leaf springs all round (although I would still buy this personally since I am a sucker for the DI engine, and the spares are very cheap for this variant. If the engine requires a rebuild, it can be done by any local mechanic and is very cheap!.. thankfully I have yet to get the engine opened).
      - Just grease this baby at service intervals. This one loves grease. Tighten the bolts on the suspension and chassis at every service.
      - Rest.. Well I really haven't done anything on this vehicle apart from replacing the wear and tear parts, and some small things here and there due to abuse.
      - I have put up my recent bill in the bolero part of the forum (titled spare parts prices). Have a look at the costs for the entire brake overhaul and miscellaneous things. This was done very recently on my camper (but remember, it is the DI engine, so some things may differ if you were to purchase a higher model).
      - Nope, nothing really serious since the car has not much to go wrong.

Thanks,
      Simple_car

Spammer™

Secret

I the camper in my estate which is in Madikeri. It can go to places where a T-Fort cant go. It is very rugged. Tata ASS isnt great in Madikeri hence we chose the Camper.

Also any pickup truck u purchase has got to be yellow board except the Scorpio Getaway/ Xenon. This is the case atleast in Karnataka. All yellow boards need to install a speed governor which locks up the RPM and vehicle cant go more than 60km/hr.

I felt it is pointless to pick up a good looking vehicle where it will be abused to the core. Camper is VFM, it comes with a proper 4x4 setup.

Forget and forgive. Live and
      let live. Learn and learn to

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Metalspree View Post
      Also any pickup truck u purchase has got to be yellow board except the Scorpio Getaway/ Xenon. This is the case atleast in Karnataka. All yellow boards need to install a speed governor which locks up the RPM and vehicle cant go more than 60km/hr.
      Yea, the camper has to be registered as yellow board in MH as well, but I don't think there is a rule for the speed governor here (or is it?). Mine doesn't have it.. speed governor would really suck (not that this thing can do speeds, but.. you know the freedom is lost).

it comes with a proper 4x4 setup.
      You have the 4x4 one. Cool!
      Mine is the 2wd variant

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

I felt it is pointless to pick up a good looking vehicle where it will be abused to the core. Camper is VFM, it comes with a proper 4x4 setup.
      I agree with that observation. . I just liked Xenon and forgot about the work it would be doing. I will have to rethink on which one to choose now.

As you mentioned, does that mean Bolero Camper would also be a Yellow board? I guess the registration charges and insurance will be more compared to the white board if at all I am buying a yellow board.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
      I have put up my recent bill in the bolero part of the forum (titled spare parts prices). Have a look at the costs for the entire brake overhaul and miscellaneous things. This was done very recently on my camper (but remember, it is the DI engine, so some things may differ if you were to purchase a higher model).
      Will definitely check that info. Good to see that regular care taken at service intervals should be enough for this baby. Yes I would be driving and some times my Dad.

But if Camper will be registered as yellow board then I may not buy it.

Spammer™

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by autobot View Post
      As you mentioned, does that mean Bolero Camper would also be a Yellow board? I guess the registration charges and insurance will be more compared to the white board if at all I am buying a yellow board.
      Bolero Camper is definitely yellow board. I am not too sure on the registration and insurance part. I can check the details with my manager if needed.

The Terminator

Awesome

Get Xenon Dual Cab. 3L Dicor engine. Should cost 7-8L. I'd any day prefer a Xenon over Mahindra Bolero Camper/Scorpio Getaway.

Tata service is improving faster than all others and shouldn't be an issue.
      Rabid Dog Club - Bite First, Bark Later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information