• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Electric Cars News Thread

Sharked' |\

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
      What does it mean?
      I think after 4 quick charges, we can't quick charge the battery anymore. I believe quick charging was provided in case the vehicle gets drained completely and gets stranded to get it moving quickly.

The TATA person who came with the car said as much. When I bombarded him with further questions, he backed out saying we haven't received further training and there would be separate executives assigned for the sale of EVs.

Hello friends

Awesome

I think it should be 4 consecutive quick charges. Because only 4 quick charges in the whole life cycle doesn't make any sense. And if it is so, Tata has f***Ed up.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by arvindr2391 View Post
      I think after 4 quick charges, we can't quick charge the battery anymore. I believe quick charging was provided in case the vehicle gets drained completely and gets stranded to get it moving quickly.
      I doubt that would be the case. With the knowledge of our sales guys, I would take this info from them with a pinch of salt.

Let me quote you an example of one such information passed on to me by a Sales guy when I went to a Maruti Showroom. The sales guy was telling don't drive till the last dot in the Fuel gauge after which car turns in to reserve mode for Petrol . I was dude there's such thing only in bikes and not in cars. I didn't attempt to correct him, I quietly nodded my head and came running out of that showroom and never headed there ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.lakshay View Post
      I think it should be 4 consecutive quick charges. Because only 4 quick charges in the whole life cycle doesn't make any sense.
      I also think something in similar lines. While mobile batteries these days come with Flash charger for quick charge and doesn't have such limitations of only X number of times quick charge can be done, I doubt there will be any such limitations on such a day to day usage car. It would make it highly impractical.

Let's wait to hear any such limitations from Tata themselves (if any) and not jump on our guns to arrive at conclusions and to blame something which is not there in first place.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra Marazzo
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by arvindr2391 View Post
      Regular automotive Exide battery also included, I wonder for what purpose ( starter ? )
      The 12V battery is for the accessories like lights, horns and wipers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharked' |\

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      I doubt that would be the case. With the knowledge of our sales guys, I would take this info from them with a pinch of salt.
      True. The sales guy had quoted even the torque figures incorrectly. Digging around the Web found it is 245nm and not 315.

Let me quote you an example of one such information passed on to me by a Sales guy when I went to a Maruti Showroom. The sales guy was telling don't drive till the last dot in the Fuel gauge after which car turns in to reserve mode for Petrol . I was dude there's such thing only in bikes and not in cars. I didn't attempt to correct him, I quietly nodded my head and came running out of that showroom and never headed there ever again.

I also think something in similar lines. While mobile batteries these days come with Flash charger for quick charge and doesn't have such limitations of only X number of times quick charge can be done, I doubt there will be any such limitations on such a day to day usage car. It would make it highly impractical.

Let's wait to hear any such limitations from Tata themselves (if any) and not jump on our guns to arrive at conclusions and to blame something which is not there in first place.
      True. That claim was the most weirdest part from the SA. Like I mentioned earlier, their training seems to be lacking. They didn't even have a brochure with them for the EV.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information