• Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Punto Headlight Issue

You MaY Be fAsT BuT i cAn Go
      aNyWheRe - TOYOTA FORTUNER 4wd

Awesome

Exclamation Punto Headlight Issue

Dear GHDs ,
      I own a fiat punto emo pk 90hp and I am facing a issue about headlights .my headlights are blacken due to loose of the rubber cap located behind it ,it is lost about a year and now the headlight is became black .(pic attached ) .i want get it clean as it is harming the visibility at night . And i also want to paint my headlights bezels black .can anybody help me here.

thanks,
      2308cars

the original one.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	212.0 KB 
ID:	162043
      ANd the black one .
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (1).jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	188.0 KB 
ID:	162044

Saving for a T-Jet

Awesome

tagging Punter , I think he has got some mods done to HL glasses !.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by 2308cars View Post
      Dear GHDs ,
      I own a fiat punto emo pk 90hp and I am facing a issue about headlights .my headlights are blacken due to loose of the rubber cap located behind it ,it is lost about a year and now the headlight is became black .(pic attached ) .i want get it clean as it is harming the visibility at night . And i also want to paint my headlights bezels black .can anybody help me here.

thanks,
      2308cars
      Painting the headlight bezels is an easy thing bro..I have seen a lot of puntos with painted bezels here in Kerala..If you are a member of FMC you may have seen this..Please contact Team energy, Kochi. All of them here do the job with them or else you can get it painted at your place itself..You have to be very careful while removing the glasses with the heat gun..There are chances for the glasses to crack while removal..Another thing to take care of is you should not paint the reflector portion..

Saving for a T-Jet

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by RAHUL S View Post
      Painting the headlight bezels is an easy thing bro.
      Rahul-s does it in anyway hinder the performance of the headlights in night driving ?. If so to what extent?.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
      s does it in anyway hinder the performance of the headlights in night driving ?. If so to what extent?.
      Unless you are painting the reflector portion, there wont be any hindrance in the performance..
      metal_thread has also painted his punto's headlamp bezels.

See this post Punto photography thread
      Last edited by RAHUL S; 8th Nov 2013 at 11:40.

You MaY Be fAsT BuT i cAn Go
      aNyWheRe - TOYOTA FORTUNER 4wd

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by RAHUL S View Post
      Painting the headlight bezels is an easy thing bro..I have seen a lot of puntos with painted bezels here in Kerala..If you are a member of FMC you may have seen this..Please contact Team energy, Kochi. All of them here do the job with them or else you can get it painted at your place itself..You have to be very careful while removing the glasses with the heat gun..There are chances for the glasses to crack while removal..Another thing to take care of is you should not paint the reflector portion..
      RAHUL S : I know the job is easy as hard it is .I don't know how to replace it glass what type of glue should we use .a Member of FMC thomman85 had done it he stated his issue about breaking the side glass and its not fitted back with the same quality and its fogging in rainy seasons and also after wash. And team energy is very far from me so eliminated that idea i wish some would put DIY of that thing .I had opened the HLs of swift for just cleaning it but it was very easy and I am finding it hard in punto.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by 2308cars View Post
      I know the job is easy as hard it is .I don't know how to replace it glass what type of glue should we use .a Member of FMC thomman85 had done it he stated his issue about breaking the side glass and its not fitted back with the same quality and its fogging in rainy seasons and also after wash. And team energy is very far from me so eliminated that idea i wish some would put DIY of that thing .I had opened the HLs of swift for just cleaning it but it was very easy and I am finding it hard in punto.
      A heat gun should help u in removing the glass but as u said there are chances of cracking of the glass..You have to be careful while doing so. I don't know much about the glue part..Why don't you check with the FASS whether they can help u in putting back the glass tightly. As u said a few of them are facing the issue of fogging in rainy season..But I think if the headlight glass are put back properly, there wont be this issue..

FIAT - Crafted For A True Car
      Lover. Rest, For The Ordinary
      People!!

Awesome

Opening headlight of FIAT cars is very complex and hard.

First you need to remove the plastic moulding/silicon covering.
      There are small clip locks and you need to break. (yes break it as once you open it it is not possible to refit it)
      There are chances that while breaking clips you will damage the headlight. Be careful here.
      Before painting headlight you need to use the smooth sand paper and after that paint the headlight.
      After painting headlight I would recommend get HID Kit or 100/90 with relay kit for better illumination.
      Painting will cost you around Rs. 2000.

FIAT has die-hard fans for a
      reason !

Awesome

Yeah, opening the headlight is the hard part but once you do it, it becomes easy to reopen it in future. I have opened mine twice since I got projectors fitted. Once for coloring bezel black and the other time to add some drls onto the bezel. No fogging, fading experienced so far. And you can use normal com-spray cans to paint the headlight, no need to sand down anything.
      If you can park it and not turn around to look at it

YOU HAVEN't BOUGHT THE RIGHT CAR !!

www.xenonplanet.in

FIAT - Crafted For A True Car
      Lover. Rest, For The Ordinary
      People!!

Awesome

I would recommend Sanding for long life of Paint on bezel. If you dont sand down then paint will chip off.

My cars headlight was opened thrice to repaint it as paint was chipping off.

Thread Information