• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Leather Interiors from Genous Automotive

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

New Leather Interiors from Genous Automotive

I didn’t find a review about them or a mention so though of starting a thread on them and also would like to recommend this place to other detailing buffs.

I started off first checking all the famous folks like Stantley, Ovion, Karlson and accidently hit on Genous after seeing an accords interiors done by them.

When I did visit the place was surprised to see a familiar face who I had got some work done on my OHC Vtec with leather interiors at Ovion. He had spun off Ovion and started his own manufacturing of seat covers and leather interiors.

Services offered here are complete interior including roof lining can be done. (very few do roof interiors) Variety of Leather from Italian basic Leather to the all famous Nappa and pearlized leather. They also do leather for chairs sofa etc and are ready to take up custom works as well.

What I liked:

· Works with both Leather and imitation leather. I picked up a combination of both know as the touch option where the seating area is leather and all the areas that are not part of the seating is art leather. I got the full jobs done which means they did the gear boot, gear knob, steering, door pads,handbrake and perforation.
      · The person incharge here is Mr Pathy and again was someone who moved from Stanley to Ovion to Genous. A very knowledgable person on the interior industry and pretty down to earth.
      · In my case it was Mr Basavaraj who I was already familiar with who did my walk through
      · Showed me a lot of variety of options and also did wrap my seats with the different leather colours to help me decide what options I would like to go with.
      · They do all jobs from steering wheel,door pads,Gear boot, Gear knobs, hand brakes,
      · They also do perforation on the seats which I did as well and looks really nice.
      · Have the manufacturing and stiching unit right behind the showroom space and you can sit in and watch everything that happens.
      · Once the seats are fixed and the seats bolted back there is someone who polishes the leather and also cleans up the interiors as well.
      · Has a very good brochure which I am told is now copied by a few people on JC road.
      · Comes out with unique designs which have been copied by other leather interior designs. Of all the designs I say in all my visits to the major players I liked his designs the most.
      · He also supplies to OE vendors such as Mandovi,Whitefield Renault,Taff Skoda,Trident Hyndai and a few others.
      · Supplies seat covers to all over India, to mention a few Pune,Mumbai,Hyderabad,Kolkata,Vizak,Chennai,Coimba tore.
      · Pricing I guess was one of my major decision makers and was pretty much the best offer I got and way better than his competitors.
      · Promised to give me a tissue box complimentary the next time I visit as I wanted a particular colour.
      · He has given me quite a few pics of everything he has done on most cars so can Share them if anyone requires them.
      · Was very happy with the fit and finish and looked more like this was done by the OE manufacturer. Was difficult to say it was done later.
      · The design I got was the 2nd decision maker for me to go with them as well. Didn’t see this design done anywhere else.
      · Ideally they only provide seat pockets behind the driver and co-passenger seats but as mine were captain seats and requested for pockets on the 2nd row of seats as well. This was done free of cost. J. I usually haul a lot of stuff like bottles of water, umbrellas, magazines, air freshener sprays, etc…and needed the extra pockets.
      · He has ample parking space at least for 6 cars at any point of time.

What I don't like:

• Though this is not a serious one, as he is a manufacturing unit he doesn’t have the facility for paying via cards but I anyways planned to pay cash.
      • He doesn’t do much of advertisements and people are not aware of his presence. I don’t think he has a website too as I didn’t find much when I did search on Google.
      • I don’t think this is a dislike by you have to leave the car for a day if you want the seat covers to be made perforated and in my case was left overnight. They don’t have the machine to get this done and I hear there is only 1 or 2 of those machines in Bangalore.

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Mr Pathy
      - Phone numbers: 080 22219494
      Mobile Number: 9343732336
      - Postal Address:
      - Landmarks: It is located on the Lalbagh Road and just after the passport office and just before Urvashi Theatre.
      - Email genousauto@gmail.com
      Google maps link: genous leather bangalore - Google Maps
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131120_162605.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	163778  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131120_162612.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	216.3 KB 
ID:	163779  

Name:	20131120_163605.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	229.2 KB 
ID:	163780  

Name:	20131201_111554.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	151.3 KB 
ID:	163781  

Name:	20131201_111602.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	163782  

Name:	20131201_111610.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	163783  

Name:	20131201_111616.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	163784  

Name:	20131201_111626.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	163785  

Name:	20131201_111658.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	163786  

Name:	20131201_111710.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	163787  

Name:	20131201_111719.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	212.9 KB 
ID:	163788  

Name:	20131201_111736.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	176.9 KB 
ID:	163789  

ICE..and BOTTAL

Awesome

Just chrious. Whst leather you got done with. And is it full leather or touchup?
      And roughly what price u paid.
      Perfection is impression
      -----------------------------
      i10 Kappa VW POLO 1.5 TDI 2014
      RF T500-1||RF Punch 2 Series SW 10''||
      Dynaudio 342 Series 3 way||P6350 BT||Hifiman HM602||Mosconi AS100.4||Mosconi AS 200.4||Mosconi DSP 6To8||Tchernov Cable||VDH Cable||iPaul DM-2000||Morel Ultimo 12''||Headunit - F60BT||Micro-Precisions 7 3way||Dynaudio 242 Series 2 way||

Follow Your Heart

Awesome

Yeah... Looks great.. but wat about the price:

A well oiled machine

Awesome

The stitch and fit is exemplary!
      FiiO X7 Mark II - HELIX DSP PRO MK2 - TRU Billet v2 B41-S - MOREL Elate Ti 602 - MOREL Ultimo Ti 102

Awesome

Yep. I have been to that place for getting steering cover done. They take their own sweet time and the work is great.
      Clarion NX-706| Biketronics BT4180 | Sinfoni Allegro | Soundigital 1200.1 | Audible Physics Brahma6W | Audible Physics NZ3AlBe | Morel Ultimo | Klotz 12ga LY225t| Mogami RCA| Pure Silver RCA

driveclean.in

Awesome

Nice work Silverstreak. #mods , please move this to bodyworks & interiors section. So that many will get noticed.

following a 'Linea'r
      progression

Secret

Nice well written review. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome

Hi Guys its the touch option which means the touch areas are Leather and the non touch areas are matching art leather. I was quoted 35 for the job for a 7 seater. Obviously I did some haggling to get a better price. I dont want to reveal the exact price as I know him quite well for years now and dont think it fair to share the price I paid. Even this price 35k was much better than all the bargained prices I got from other vendors.

I though I will share the pic of the original design that I copied my seat covers from which was done in Nappa and in burnt orange. Looked really great but the only things was it didnt go well with the interiors of the car. It even had a TRD racing symbol on themClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1303.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	723.0 KB 
ID:	164032
      Last edited by Silverstreak; 3rd Dec 2013 at 08:49.

following a 'Linea'r
      progression

Secret

What's so funny in my post, Silverstreak?

Awesome

Apologies Guru clicked the LOL instead of the Thank....... undone now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information