• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Met with an accident.

TN74<->KA03

Awesome

Unhappy Met with an accident.

Sunday when I was coming from my native with my wife and kid in NH7 had an accident. I was cruising at 80 kmph in the extreme right at the newly constructed 6 Lane and suddenly an old person who in his two wheeler who in the extreme left came towards the right with out any signal and or turning back his head/ there was no mirror in his vehicle as well. Braked hard ABS came in to effect but unfortunately his two wheeler hit the car left mirror and he fell down. Got down from the car and checked if he is ok, he was having some minor injury. The car has not hit him and he got injured since he fell down and the car had a dent near the left wheel arch below the mirror. Called 108 and told about the accident and Immediately his son came as their house was just opposite to the spot where the accident happened I told him we can take him to hospital in my car and I will pay the hospital expenses but he noted down my car number took him to the hospital in his friends car and told me to leave. Locals who where in the spot started to brag about money. 108 came and I informed them that no need to ambulance. Since his house was near his daughter-in-laws came and I told them I will take care of the all the expenses and told that we can go to the hospital where they took them. Went to the hospital and his son and the old person told they don't need money. The old person who got hurt was a retired tnstc driver and told me don't worry I am fine and you can leave and told he don't need money for the hospital expense then I told them I will pay for the two repair cost and for that they told it is very old two wheeler so don't worry on that and gave their mobile number. Came back to bangalore and checked the health status of the old man. They told x-ray came and he is fine and is discharged from the hospital and invited me to visit their house whenever I cross that place. Planning to call him next week to check his health status and also planning to visit him in the end of december.
      Both the old and his son was very soft in nature. But now I am worried of two things
      1. Whether they will put a hit and run case on me due to the influence of locals. If so with in how much time they can put the case? Can they put a case even after 1 month?
      2. Can I repair the car dent? If so under insurance and directly?

Lost & searching..

Secret

Sorry to hear about your accident but I'm glad nobody got seriously injured. Cheers to you for calling the ambulance and supporting the other party.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
      1. Whether they will put a hit and run case on me due to the influence of locals. If so with in how much time they can put the case? Can they put a case even after 1 month?
      Not too sure. Tagging kb100, suresh_gs, venbab, Nomad

Can I repair the car dent? If so under insurance and directly?
      Yes

Hope all is well with you and wishing you the very best of luck to get back to normalcy.
      There is only one cure for grey hair. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the Guillotine - PGW

Toll Free Suresh

Awesome

Surely mate, through insurance u can rectify the dent. I too had a similar experience when a private bus rammed into my car from behind damaging the rear bonnet. I got the entire bonnet replaced through insurance.

Hats off to your spirit for taking initiative with regard to the well being of the old man even though he was at fault.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Diablo, its a sorry thing to happen but there are definitely few things in your post deserving like!

You are lucky that you escaped from otherwise would be a serious accident. Secondly, other party behaved extremely well, showed their humanly nature and regards to others, which you also did and which is rarely witnessed todays India.

Doubts like this keep niggling in our mind in such situations and it is natural. But good that you both have kept communicating with each other. Keep records of your communication, backup on google with time stamps will be handy, in case. Calling on 108 might also help.

I don't think they will go for complaint after any "afterthoughts", but being prepared is not a bad thing. At the same time, you need to be free from bearing any tension of that kind of thoughts.

a dent near the left wheel arch below the mirror.
      Position of the dent actually indicates who was at mistake and how the accident was happened. Do you like to remove that dent as early as possible?
      Last edited by Dev11; 3rd Dec 2013 at 11:17.

In Bhai We Trust

Awesome

Sorry to hear this Diablo

Yes they can put the case. Even 3 months after the incident. Only way to avoid this is to get it in writing from the affected party that both of you have reached a compromise and the affected party shall not pursue the case further.

The case can be initiated only if the affected party give a complaint. Local public cannot do anything about it.

Going by what you are saying, it seems that the affected party are very soft and take responsibility for their mistake. You can be rest assured.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
      Position of the dent actually indicates who was at mistake and how the accident was happened. Do you like to remove that dent as early as possible?
      Irrsepective of the position of dent, it is the bigger vehicles who will be considered guilty, unless the bigger vehicle is stationery.
      Pulsar'09 | Swift'11 VDI |Indica'11 DLS| RE CL350
      "If Death Comes before I prove my blood, I promise I'll Kill Death!" - Capt. Vikram Bhatra (Param Vir Chakra)

GEARHEAD
      Arise, awake and Stop not till
      the goal is reached

Awesome

Not sure about this, however based on your inputs the victim and his family seem to be good people and may not file a case.

Can I repair the car dent? If so under insurance and directly?
      You can claim insurance for the damage repair, do not inform them about the accident but give them some other reason for the damage (self hit to a pole/wall somewhere near to your place of stay).They will ask for a police complaint and the details of the other vehicle if you inform that you had an accident involving other vehicle.
      Donate BLOOD Save Lives

Toll Free Suresh

Awesome

I forgot to add one more thing which was mentioned aptly by venbab. While filling the form to claim damages through insurance do not mention a word about the accident. Then the insurance people will ask for FIR to complicate things.

Even in my case even though the accident took place at karur in TN, while filling the form in bangalore i mentioned the following
      "My car was parked at home and i went out to my parents place. When i returned home , i found that the rear bonnet was damaged.".

In your case mention that some 2 wheeler banged into your car causing the dent.

TN74<->KA03

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by CDK View Post
      Irrsepective of the position of dent, it is the bigger vehicles who will be considered guilty, unless the bigger vehicle is stationery.
      Thank you for the inputs. I am not in a hurry to repair the dent, but I read some where in the internet that it is better to fix the dent as early as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by venbab View Post
      You can claim insurance for the damage repair, do not inform them about the accident but give them some other reason for the damage (self hit to a pole/wall somewhere near to your place of stay).They will ask for a police complaint and the details of the other vehicle if you inform that you had an accident involving other vehicle.
      Thank you. Will the insurance can penalize me if I repair the dent saying some other reason, but in later come to know about the incident if the other party put a hit and run case on me.

In Bhai We Trust

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by venbab View Post
      No sir. As far as I know Police complaint is needed. It is enough if you mention that a two wheeler hit you and fled from scene.
      Pulsar'09 | Swift'11 VDI |Indica'11 DLS| RE CL350
      "If Death Comes before I prove my blood, I promise I'll Kill Death!" - Capt. Vikram Bhatra (Param Vir Chakra)

Toll Free Suresh

Awesome

Thank you. Will the insurance can penalize me if I repair the dent saying some other reason, but in later come to know about the incident if the other party put a hit and run case on me.
      I am quoting my own case. My car met with an accident in Karur last year and i claimed the damages in bangalore. see the above post of mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information