• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: EP Dual Cone Performance Air Intakes

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

EP Dual Cone Performance Air Intakes

The above kit will be fully Plug & Play and will be specific to your car.

The above kit includes:-
      1. High Performance Air Filter (sourced from Genome)
      2. Fully Adaptive piping asy (Manufactured in-house)
      3. Other Accessories for shipping (Clips, Silicon hoses, etc.)
      4. Installation Guide. ( Do-It-Yourself User Guide)
      5. Special Tools (if required)

Contact: info@electronperformance.com / Mr. Tanvir- +91 8605166922

For more information please do visit our website:

Electron Performance

EP High Performance Air Intake Systems

Prices may vary slightly car to car
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	532.7 KB 
ID:	164354  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 19-12-12 16 17 25.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	164355  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ford Figo Intake System2.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	164356  

Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by sharat_EP; 6th Dec 2013 at 15:23. Reason: text error

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sharat_EP View Post
      EP Dual Cone Performance Air Intakes
      The original air filter setup takes in colder air from outside the car and everybody knows cold air expands more inside the combustion chamber giving optimal power. That is why they have intercoolers. Its hot in India and temperatures under the bonnet gets hotter than hot and with a filter setup like this will draw hot air into the engine. This is not an advantage.
      In the Nordic pack in my car, another filter box is fitted and airflow is controlled with by thermostat that draws in hot air from the exhaust manifold area when cold and shuts off this inntake when the engine has normal operating temperatures and draws in cold air from the outside.
      In my mind this under the bonnet air filter will give less power and increased fuel consumption.
      Can you explain how performance will increase with this setup? How much more increase in power can one expect with this setup? How many seconds can one save in a 0-100 km/hour acceleration?

Mugen Fever

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      The original air filter setup takes in colder air from outside the car and everybody knows cold air expands more inside the combustion chamber giving optimal power. That is why they have intercoolers. Its hot in India and temperatures under the bonnet gets hotter than hot and with a filter setup like this will draw hot air into the engine. This is not an advantage.
      In the Nordic pack in my car, another filter box is fitted and airflow is controlled with by thermostat that draws in hot air from the exhaust manifold area when cold and shuts off this inntake when the engine has normal operating temperatures and draws in cold air from the outside.
      In my mind this under the bonnet air filter will give less power and increased fuel consumption.
      Can you explain how performance will increase with this setup? How much more increase in power can one expect with this setup? How many seconds can one save in a 0-100 km/hour acceleration?
      I too have this question in mind for quite some time now, I see these so called cold air intakes like K&N or BMC or this, but from the application it's obvious that the air intake is going to suck only hot air from inside the engine bay.
      I too have plans to either go for a k&n typhoon or BMC kit but both are short ram intake with conical filters inside the engine bay sucking hot air, so I don't know how would these be better then the stock filter which has proper piping sucking in colder air from outside.

But, yes there are proper ones too which have piping at the intake end too which can be placed near an opening...front grill or bumper, something like the BMC CDA kit.

Can you pls post all options for civic with prices which are tried and tested to give more power especially the lower rev range.
      Last edited by Sanchit87; 7th Dec 2013 at 16:02.
      11' BEAT LT TCDI | Back to Stock ICE :-(

CIVIC MUGEN RR | Milano Red | TEIN SS | Lenso Raiden Project D "Spec C" | Dunlop Direzza DZ101 | Dynamat Extreme | FatMat

Welcome, Torpedo. 2013 VW
      Jetta TDI with DSG.

Awesome

I think what Indian is saying makes sense. The difference in temperature entering the engine from a stock air box v/s this CAI (Cold Air Intake) will not be more than a few degrees. My reason for saying this is because:
      It looks like the Conical air filter is sitting under the hood. The Stock air intake manifold for stock air box is also under the hood. And temperatures under the hood in the engine bay area are quite uniformly hot. Except for re routing the inlet manifold of the air box / CAI to the bottom areas of the road and near the air vents / dams of the front grille where there is a greater probability of air being cooler than the stock location.
      Disclaimer: I am no expert on this.
      September 2013 (Mk.6.) 2.0 VW Jetta TDI with DSG, Highline.

Betta Getta Jetta

内部、燃える

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

A true cold air filter should be mounted outside the car but I dont know how effective this will be in a hot country like India. My car has the stock air filter box which is fitted with a K&N filter inside. The air is drawn from a grill outside the car just above the right front wheel. My car runs better in the winter on long runs on the motorway in temperatures of around -15 and under.
      This guy has mounted a cone filter under the fender behind the plastic cover over the front wheel. This setup might make a small difference in very hot weather but there wont be airflow toward the filter. A heat shield around the filter inside the engine bay is just a gimmick even if it takes colder air from outside the car.

Name:  filter.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  113.2 KB

Thread Information