• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Think before adding Xado or Nano energizer

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Think before adding Xado or Nano energizer

Of late I am seeing too many posts on engine revitalizants and hence did a bit of research on Google Mamu this Sunday since 10am and here is my take on it at 6pm. Eight hours of reading has got me groggy, so pardon the grammar and spellings.

The jury is out on the efficacy of Xado Engine revitalizant and Nano energizer. Both supposedly use Zirconia when you dig deep into literature available on Google Mamu. This is what is used for the tooth coloured crowns you might have in your mouth.

http://www.xado.co.uk/xado-uk-diesel...additives.html

http://www.nanoenergizer.co.nz/

I shall now post a link that is a white paper on Zirconia which is the main constituent of both the revitalizants. Its your call whether you should subject your engine to this treatment. Ford experimented on it years ago and abandoned it since even in the controlled environemnt it worked for just 500 hours. Probably material sciences have advanced greatly since then and it might work for you but should you subject your steed to unproven stuff.

http://www.ultrahardmaterials.co.uk/engine.html

Read the link carefully before squeezing out the concoction from the bottle or tube into your machine.

Do also read this link on the proper way of coating Zirconia onto Cylinders and also the sub links provided in the page.
      http://www.dieselnet.com/tech/engine_coat.php

Do also go to the Nulon website and you will realize that their oils contain another chemical called Moly Dithiocarbamate and not the ubiquitous PTFE. They sell PTFE to us but use Moly Dithiocarbamate in their own oils. Why is that you might ask? I haven't a clue.
      http://www.nulon.com.au/moly/

Will do a bit more of arm chair investigation next sunday for your benefit. Till then I suggest you hold your itch to experiment with your mechanical's and wallet.
      Last edited by drpullockaran; 8th Dec 2013 at 16:55.

Awesome

Thanks to Indian of this forum for giving another link which I am posting here for your perusal.
      http://f2mcltd.blogspot.no/2011/10/x...ested-and.html

Awesome

drpullockaran sir. I believe MOS2(molybdenum di sulphide) in nano sizes will reduces sliding friction. Thats the reason bajaj bikes and some cars have dow corning molykote coated rings. But dispersing moly in oil is absolute disaster for bearings. The reason is balls in the ball bearing needs to roll on the "Race". Adding moly to the oil will cause slip between them. Instead is rolling balls starts to slide and makes bearing to wear faster. Now all companies are moving towards thin oil, this makes our engine sounds loud and all hat wires happen. A grade thicker oil will make wonders. As you said I have done such experiments with/without NE and I dont find any difference in calculated load. I have posted my result already.

spam king
      past the speed of sound

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by vijaycool View Post
      disaster for bearings
      which bearing are you talking about friend?

roll on the "Race"
      for ball bearing also the purpose of lubrication is to reduce metal to metal contact which leads to premature failure of the bearings, especially for impact loading applications, if lubrication was not needed we wouldn't need for the bearing to be sealed with grease in some applications

i do agree with what the OP is saying, but for me the addition of nano energizer has resulted in the engine running smoother than it was before, whether my compression has gone up, that's a maybe, but i think anyone would opt for a smoother running engine, given the minimal cost involved, will i be using it again? not anytime soon
      Last edited by blackhorn; 7th Mar 2015 at 10:50.
      There is a Difference in Knowing the Path and Walking the Path-Anonymous Takla with Pincenez

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by blackhorn View Post
      which bearing are you talking about friend?

for ball bearing also the purpose of lubrication is to reduce metal to metal contact which leads to premature failure of the bearings, especially for impact loading applications, if lubrication was not needed we wouldn't need for the bearing to be sealed with grease in some applications
      There are bearing everywhere in an engine right from crankshaft, camshaft, gear box..etc
      Yes grease inside BB is to reduce metal to metal friction by forming boundary between two metals. Have you noticed as the bearing starts to rotate the ball assembly also rotates on its cage, same for roller bearings. Moly is the slipperist natural substance and what this does is, it stops the ball to rotate and starts sliding over the cage. This causes foul in the balls due to uneven wear. Moly is suitable only for sliding wear such as slip joints in the drive shaft. You can see they use only moly grease for drive shaft. When it comes to bearing adding moly is not at all recommended.
      But there is a use of moly, ceramic and carbides in the ball bearing only in space related application that too in dry form.
      Last edited by vijaycool; 9th Dec 2013 at 11:36.

spam king
      past the speed of sound

Awesome

thats why i asked, which bearing are you talking about

Moly is suitable only for sliding wear
      when you talking about bearing generally we refer to journal bearings/big end bearing which bear the bulk of the brunt of the combustion process, these bearings work on the principal of hydrodynamic boundry layer lubrication and in fact the two surfaces slide over one another in which case moly would be even more suitable according to your analogy
      Last edited by blackhorn; 9th Dec 2013 at 11:47.
      There is a Difference in Knowing the Path and Walking the Path-Anonymous Takla with Pincenez

Awesome

There is no use of babbit bearing having long life before main bearing fails.

How Age and Contamination Affect Rolling Bearings and Gears

"Incidentally, the characteristic life (time at which 63.8 percent had failed) of the bearings with MoS2 was 60 percent greater than that for the same oil without MoS2 with a 95 percent confidence level"

But Moly has it advantages. It could do good but at the same time it will harm too. Thats the reason companies are coating rings, valve guides with moly.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

There are bearing everywhere in an engine right from crankshaft
      The bearings in the engine are not ball bearings. They use bearing shells. Some racing engines use roller bearings but these wont apply to the average motorist. I am very sceptical about using expensive additives and the selling point usually is somthing thats like music to car owners. Fuel consumption and horse power. After all the worlds best additives have come and gone, often being promoted on TV with a paid audience to clap and cheer. Its like offering pills to the obese to get rid of fat or offering red,blue and yellow tablets to heavy smokers to stop smoking. Yes, they came with these about 35 years on TV.
      Almost every car I have owned ended up with very high mileage and they all run happily with the normal oil change intervals. Todays oils have all the additives already added as needed.

Awesome

Aptly said Indian.

Awesome

I hope "Todays oils have all the additives already added as needed." this is really not true .. if that is the case you need not to have any API standards and all the oil should be of same price

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information