• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No car is as bad as its Driver - A Trackelogue

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

No video game stuff.. We were jst going "PPOOOOWWWEEERRRRRR!!!!!!"
      But rubber to tarmac is worlds apart from ass on couch.. Total sensory fiesta!!!
      Y LEARN FRM OTHER'S MISTAKES ??
      WHN U CAN LEARN FRM URS!!
      -AAMIR KHAN

A well oiled machine

Awesome

So vys_1 now I know who did that to your tires Post the pic here.
      FiiO X7 Mark II - HELIX DSP PRO MK2 - TRU Billet v2 B41-S - MOREL Elate Ti 602 - MOREL Ultimo Ti 102

Awesome

LOL.. no noo.. The tyres were all me.. If it wasnt for her the damage would have been more..
      Y LEARN FRM OTHER'S MISTAKES ??
      WHN U CAN LEARN FRM URS!!
      -AAMIR KHAN

Awesome

Reboot
      Curiosity killed the cat;
      Insecurity killed the man

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      I was thinking you were an ICE Guru
      Then you became a RISK Guru by buying a Skoda
      Just when I thought you were crazy, you proved that you were crazier by becoming a MOD Guru
      Just when we thought that was the limit, you went ahead and became a Guru for Teenagers in Thirties
      Since last few threads, everyone can see you are on way to become a PROSE Guru, one who has ways with words.

good read, keep it coming..
      My ICE stint taught me two important things;
      Never Trust people
      Never take up something because others wanted you to take it up.

Now a days, i just do what i enjoy. Like they say, 'You can be anything you want to be'

Quote Originally Posted by PUGMARK View Post
      Great..lucky guys. And thanks for sharing. Any more photos?
      Venbab sir had taken some I believe

Quote Originally Posted by sainarain View Post
      .. I will bring my SLR too..
      Yeah missed SLR big time, esp those shots when we enter C1 and proceed to C2
      RIP Penguin May 2013 - Dec 2015

Back to work @EGL

Awesome

excellent composition Mi10, very enjoyable read

Awesome

i guess all photo Credit goes to #wildweasel . who was supposedly working on his marriage preparations

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Good thread Mi10

Missing all the fun
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
      So I learnt that the helpful female was Alisha Abdulla who apparently is a Semi Pro Racer waiting to break into the international stage. She offered help by saying; if you want I could show you the lanes. After some discussions and couple of ‘controlled’ laps, we went to her.

So here comes the scene straight out of Fast and Furious type movies. Fair, chic and beautiful Lady racer takes the Polo GTD’s Wheel. 4 guys who have never encountered an member of opposite sex to have taken to common sense driving, forget being racer ! So we got in and buckled up waiting fore our 'lessons' ! Vys got to sit shot gun. Alex behind vys in rear seat and myself behind Alisha rear seat. And Bhai & Ragul followed the Polo in his Figo.

All buckled up and ready. She was slow to go on, explain how each section need to be taken. A Good one lap with explanation of Apex, driving on the shrubs, racing line, we get on to the second lap. And All- Hell- broke- lose.

In what was a display of terrific control and skill, Alisha ripped the Polo apart. 2nd gear red line, 3rd red line, see a corner, drop a cog and red line. The Polo which was understeering in vys hands was an absolute mayhem machine in hers' .
      The way she probed, while approaching a corner - Wow. With nimble movement of steering and foreplay of throttle, just as she crosses the Apex, BOOM goes the car. 1.6 TDI just jumps from the overdose of toqrue and she was making the car jump every corner! She toyed around that car like grown ups would on a Kid's Cycle ! …….and that was some driving for a Lady.

Me and Alex finally managed an excellent show by giving a completely unperturbed look in front of her. Sitting in the rear seat on track , driven by good drivers is a unique experience by itself !
      what an experience

Alisha abdullah just walks up to us and offers to show us how to drive with out destroying your tyre or crashing your car .

but i have to quote this

"Alisha :Whos the guy in that White honda city ?

US: a Friend of ours

Alisha: He is CRAZY , ask him to SLOW down

"

Then she offers to Show us the Racing line that need to be taken at this track to conserve your tyres and at the same time be fast .

the way we were driving till them seemd fast , with all 4 tyres screeching to glory at every turn and cars sliding and drivers trying to correct the slide and all that drama, made it seem fast .

but she explained that if your tyre side walls have scraping marks on them , then you are doing it wrong.
      she showed us how to make a car turn in so that the weight of the car is balanced in such a way that the side wall flex is kept to a minimum .

this results in a lesser tyre wear . if i remember correctly when me and #venab sir were doing laps in my car . the 1st two laps will be all nice , the 3rd lap the car will start sliding all over the place and u will immediately notice that your tyres are losing grip .

this is because the way i was pushing the car put more pressure on the tyres and making them wear out faster .

few guys just meeting up and driving a few laps on the track on a sunday might not mind or give importance to the tyres losing grip on every 3rd lap. they have the luxury of getting back in to the pits to cool of thier tyres for 10mins or more.

but for a pro Racer , he/she cant afford to keepin pushing a car thats losing grip nor back off and risk losing time and position to save tyres.

she taught us exactly this how to drive in a way that doesnt put pressure on the tyres and also be fast while doing it .

at the end of it all she also mentioned that , "if you are racing seriously or trying to improve your time then all these will be useful . else just for fun na following these methods will help u have fun with out breaking some thing in your cars "

Reboot
      Curiosity killed the cat;
      Insecurity killed the man

Hungry

^
      The Legend types a Para in my thread ...Woo Hoo, I am lucky
      RIP Penguin May 2013 - Dec 2015

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information