• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HTC Legend vs Nexus one

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

HTC Legend vs Nexus one

hey guys,

am planning to buy a new phone. i went through the net for sometime n finally standing between legend or nexus.... i aint a core gadget software freak so i have no idea about android. although i googled some info and found that google haven't set any proper support teams for customer complaints with the OS, i thought it will be nice to switch over to a new OS for my phone instead of using same old symbian or windows.

i just want a reliable phone with nominal needs. i dont want to tweak around with the phone OS like i do with my laptop.. :roll:

so which one will be good for regular usage and mostly utilizing all the functions.. gps, wifi. cam. games. etc.

help me out with this cause i hear various reviews about the phones. so owners, please gimme a hand. i welcome any other phone suggestions around budget of 20 - 25k. thanks in advance..
      life's simple.. make choice's & dont look back..!!

Awesome

If you have got 25K to burn, get a Nexus One from the US. The best phone that the Android eco-system has on offer, so far.

Awesome

hey im looking out for a new phone as well.i started of looking out for phones with windows mobile as the OS but then finally decided to get an android.

within 20-25k the best bet seems to be the HTC legend.and i plan on pickin that up as well.

Awesome

No other phone is going to get the latest updates from Google; other than the Nexus One.
      Dunno if there is a Nexus Two in the works. So currently, it is the best phone on which to experience the current and future flavors of Android.

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

There is not going to be a Nexus two, not any time soon(no sales!).

And the reason to buy the Nexus one would be to get the latest updates to the Android operating system. It is a "reference" phone for Google, and hence updates will turn up first on this. And it might not even turn up on the other Android phones, unless you install modded ROMs from Cyanogen or others...

But, apart from this, the HTC Incredible or the HTC EVO 4G are better Android phones. But, please ensure that the 3G/WIMAX bands used are good for India.
      HTC Droid Incredible Review: More Like Impressive
      Sprint's HTC EVO 4G: 5 Killer Features - PCWorld
      In pursuit of happiness, and happiness drives very fast.

Awesome

Dunno about the Incredible, but the EVO seems to have an issue with battery life.
      Also arent these more costly? (Compared to a Nexus One, $530+tax)

Incredible is on Verizon, so CDMA right?
      Can we get it unlocked for use in India? What internet options are there?

Awesome

none of the above mentions ones nexus , droid or the EVO are yet available in India and besides when they do come in they are likely to be priced at 30K or more.

the legend uses the same OS as the nexus and all the other specs seem to be similar except for 1 GHz as against 600 MHz

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by revtech
      the legend uses the same OS as the nexus and all the other specs seem to be similar except for 1 GHz as against 600 MHz
      The nexus one has an update to 2.2. HTC has not provided a lot of updates to users yet, so until they really start doing that, it could be safe to assume that they are not going to give an update to 2.2 anytime soon.

Because of the heavy customizations they are doing, I think it is very difficult for them to migrate their changes to the latest and greatest android version.

Quote Originally Posted by [url=http://gearheads.in/post32868.html#p32868
      srijit ยป Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:37 pm[/url]]Dunno about the Incredible, but the EVO seems to have an issue with battery life.
      Also arent these more costly? (Compared to a Nexus One, $530+tax)

Incredible is on Verizon, so CDMA right?
      Can we get it unlocked for use in India? What internet options are there?
      All these Snapdragon 1Ghz and plus phones have issues with battery life. That is the price you have to pay for performance, and the ability to run 20 apps at the same time, without slowing down. My Nexus one barely lasts 10 hours on a full charge, when I have a lot of apps running.

And yeah, Incredible is on CDMA, Desire has the GSM version -
      HTC - Products - HTC Desire - Specification

Summary -
      Legend - Cool aluminum body, HTC touch UI(better looking than Nexus one), more battery life(?), slower processor, no updates.
      Desire - HTC touch UI, 1Ghz processor, low battery life, no updates.
      Nexus one - 1Ghz processor, updates, low battery life.

I think I would pick the Nexus one just to get the updates. The other two are on Android 2.1, which is way more slower than the current nexus one firmware(2.2).
      In pursuit of happiness, and happiness drives very fast.

Awesome

you've got the nexus right ? have you updated your OS ?

Awesome

Re: HTC Legend vs Nexus one

@Tadu, are there 3G like services from CDMA providers like Reliance and Tata? Are their normal Internet on phone services comparable to GPRS or EDGE?
      If not, then I wouldn't recommend a CDMA phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information