• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Manza Saffire Steering box issue

Believe yourself !!

Awesome

Manza Saffire Steering box issue

Has anyone experienced the issue with the steering box with Manza ? I brought this car in april 2010. By june 2010, i was told that steering box to be replaced and since it was under warranty, it got replaced at free of cost. From the time the steering box was replaced, i started to encounter a peculiar problem. A kind of noise i started to get quite frequently on the left side of the front suspension / shaft.. I have taken to multiple Authorized Tata motors service, but the solution that i get is temporary. Every time i complain with the same issue, the service center team replaces a bush that gives me a temporary relief. But thereafter, i start to get noise whenever the vehicle runs on uneven roads.

I don't have permanent solution yet from Tata motors. Can someone guide me on how to go about ?

Purchased on April 2010
      Clocked 35000 Kms
      2 years warranty + extended 2 years warranty.

Global Poster
      _/\_ in bhai universe trusts

Awesome

I have a Manza QJD purchase Sep 2011. I have faced issue in rattling noise . In Bangalore KHT motors they change the steering rack etc.. After that not much noise. But dashboard rattling is present. But the suspension noise once came which got solved by the bush replacement. After that not mych issue in suspension. But rattling noise from door pad dash still present..
      In BHAI the universe trusts _/\_

Wear HelMet to avoid Hell Meet

Believe yourself !!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by machi vijay View Post
      I have a Manza QJD purchase Sep 2011. I have faced issue in rattling noise . In Bangalore KHT motors they change the steering rack etc.. After that not much noise. But dashboard rattling is present. But the suspension noise once came which got solved by the bush replacement. After that not mych issue in suspension. But rattling noise from door pad dash still present..
      I have given my car to the same KHT motors. But, even they are unable to find on why such noise is coming ? ..

Global Poster

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by arvindhns View Post
      I have given my car to the same KHT motors. But, even they are unable to find on why such noise is coming ? ..
      Actually the steering issue is like common among manzas. There was a guy in GH Manza_sufferer is his handle. He hat lots of issue in steering and there is urban_gypsy who had many issues in left pulling. Post in TAI forum. There are many active manza owners there.

Believe yourself !!

Awesome

Actually the steering issue is like common among manzas. There was a guy in GH Manza_sufferer is his handle. He hat lots of issue in steering and there is urban_gypsy who had many issues in left pulling. Post in TAI forum. There are many active manza owners there.
      Hmm.. OK.. thanks for this input.. Let me see once again what KHT Motors can do to put this to a rest!!

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by arvindhns View Post
      I don't have permanent solution yet from Tata motors.
      Tata themselves dont have anything called permanent solution their whole philosophy is change the part but they don't dwell even for a second that why in 1st place that part was faulty? (In realty the fault lies elsewhere which they wont acknowledge)

there is urban_gypsy who had many issues in left pulling.
      I am happy to tell you that I have changed the stock BS-250 tyre at 64000 kms & all steering problems have vanished as if they never existed I will update my old thread sometime this weekend giving all the details.
      Last edited by urban_gypsy; 10th Mar 2014 at 22:09.
      Ranjan
      ------------------
      Manza Aura Abs+, FE 22kmpl.

Global Poster

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by urban_gypsy View Post
      I am happy to tell you that I have changed the stock BS-250 tyre at 64000 kms & all steering problems have vanished as if they never existed I will update my old thread sometime this weekend giving all the details
      Thats great news. What tyres you have changed to now . Is it a upgrade or stock specs . Its been long time since I visited TAI forum and not been in contact with many Manza owners

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

I upgraded to AR20 bridgestone tyre 195/60/15R which is an upsize due to which I get far better handling of my manza no left pulling at all (without any alignment done as yet)
      For the 1st time in last 3 years I am able to drive at 140-150kmph with zero steering vibration.
      Last edited by urban_gypsy; 11th Mar 2014 at 15:44.
      Ranjan
      ------------------
      Manza Aura Abs+, FE 22kmpl.

Thread Information