• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: 'ab theek hai...'

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

'ab theek hai...'

friday evening my facebook profile status read "what a waste!!" . we had planned for some trip and as usual it happened that happens with all the planned trips - it got cancelled.

so suddenly i was staring at two blank days ahead of me and it got me scared. friday night somehow reached muthu's place and hogged on chicken like a steam engine would feast on coal at Punjabi Rasoi. slept at his place and as i woke up in the morning i had the idea what to do next. go home - pick up the bike and start riding to Mysore - to visit my brother and wish my little niece -tweety on her birthday. simble. but the bike had not been touched ever since our last GH Bheemeshwari meet. after that i even had a mysterious :? fall on the bike on the way to purple haze next day.
      anyways showed the bike to mechanic near my home -as it was switching off on decreasing the throttle. he just pulled out the spark plug and 'phatak' hit it on the head to make the electrode gap shorter put it back on the cylinder ' ab theek hai...'. i was like but still carried on.

______normally i would do :shock: :shock: if someone said that ' i tested the bike without air filter' and would dole out advises how it would harm the engine______

by the time Muthu had come down to my place - even he wanted to ride to mysore on.... his honda dio - . well we tanked up the bikes and started off. first signs of things to follow appeared as i approached the signal near the total mall. the bike would switch off the moment i roll off the throttle as if the fuel supply is getting cut-off. next approached a mechanic on the road side. he seemed knowledgeable and checked few things before zeroing on the air filter. he opened the filter box - gave a dirty look at the air filter and pop went the air filter out of the box and was tossed on the ground. he fixed the empty box and said 'ab theek hai...' now it was my turn to do :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: *1000
      mechanic said it is all fine - get it replaced in mysore. ok here we go again.

muthu was sedately riding at 50-60 kmph. i was following him for some time and when the urge to ride hard take over i would just whizz past him and again slow down. muthu was unperturbed. after reaching the Mc Donalds near Maddur i called up my mechanic friend and narrated the incident. he said it is ok to ride but asked me to replace the air-filter ASAP.

now we restarted the journey. after some time i had to slow down as we encountered a hump. my bike engine went 'grrrr... gr gr...' -off. i take it off the road kick it several times no use. after a couple of mins. i kick it again - voila it comes to life. now after this one more hump - this time i didn't let the throttle down. i was holding the clutch and revving the engine. somehow cleared it and few more smaller ones without actually applying brakes. this annoyed my bike. it stared spitting and groaning and again.. 'grrrr... gr gr...' -off. this happened atleast 4-5 times. all the while muthu maintaining the steady speed. somehow reached mysore. and thankfully it did not rain. actually it is about rain that we were prepared and thought it would be adventurous - but it turned out something else.

went home - unloaded all the baggage : bugged my brother to accompany me to the mechanic. at first the mechanic near our home diagnosed the problem with carb. - so thorough cleaning of carb was done. start the bike and we went to get the airfilter. bike is still stalling. now one more mechanic - replaces the air filter: checks the plug wires: cuts a part of it. refit - 'ab theek hai...' (believe me it was third time in the day and from 3 different mechanics). now i start the bike to go home...'grrrr... gr gr...' -off AGAIN. now something suddenly flashes for our mechanic and he says - 'coil gaya hoga..' he said he'll get it changed and 'll return the bike tomorrow (Sunday) morning. sigh.

now on Sunday i got the bike thankfully the last diagnose was correct and we reach back bangalore without getting stuck in rain . WOW!

PS: now this also solved the mysterious fall that i had on the evening the purple haze. i was riding or rather engine braking on the sloping road - traffic was slow - i think the engine got switched-off - wheels locked up - and next moment i was on the road on all fours .

sorry for the loooong post: yep its been long i updated my blog, here comes my blog material

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Ab tho sab theek hai na
      Indica Xeta 1.4L
      RE Machismo 350
      Sold : Bajaj Pulsar 150

Awesome

ab theek hai.
      2006 May, Safari Dicor 3.0 (88,500 Kms)
      1985 Mar, Suzuki SS80 DX (47,500 Kms)

2001, MM550 XD
      1950, Land Rover Series 1

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

?? ?? ??? ??
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

hopefully 'ab sab theek hai..!!' . 'm yet to take out my bike after the return.

one interesting discovery i made is that Jockey undies are most comfortable to ride lone distance on the bike. there is less discomfort/irritation on the bums when compared to other brands

Awesome

So this is all about underwear comfort or something else,i think you should have a poll jockey vs levis vs calvinklein vs local rupa underwear.

Note ,,only guys who wear undies ahould reply

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

^^lol: well ultimate deduction was that.

but it was about avoiding boredom and having fun - with a bit of risk involved. a 2stroke bike in not so reliable condition and the honda dio doing the long trip.

Super Moderator

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by [url=http://gearheads.in/post33627.html#p33627
      frankenstein ยป 08 Jun 2010 10:42[/url]]
      Note ,,only guys who wear undies ahould reply
      Feb 1997 Bajaj KB125 RTZ 49K km
      Mar 2003 Tata Indica V2 LSi 130K km
      Jan 2007 Tata Safari 3.0 DiCOR EX 4x4 148K km

Thread Information