• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: How to loose fat around your face n chin ?

Mugen Fever

Awesome

How to loose fat around your face n chin ?

Hi, I am in good health n fitness levels n have been gymming for around 4 yrs now. I used to be really skinny 5 yrs back n my weight was around 53 n my height is 5.7 n current age 26.
      now, I am 72 n mostly its muscle, atleast I like to think so n I try to go the gym atleast 3 days in week. Since, I lift heavy I take a day or two off n can't go to the gym everyday even if I wanted to as I get very sore the next day.

I mostly into weight lifting only n I don't do cardio at all n lift heavy weights as I always wanted to bulk up. Now, In this process my face has become a bit roundish wi chubby cheek n for the first time in life I have a slight double chin which I want to get rid off. Earlier I used to have a pretty well sculpted face n now it's opposite...n I want my old face back.

Now I know, all about gaining weight n high protein diets but I have no clue now how to reduce the fat around my face but In the process don't wanna loose fat/muscle anywhere else which has taken me years to gain with lots of food n dedication n a bit help from supplement too

So, I wanna know if anyone here can help me reduce this fat around my face with some kinda exercise or some addition or omission in my diet.

Btw, I don't have much saturated fats or unhealthy food though I eat fried food but only with healthier oils like olive n canola oil n shallow fry only. But, mostly I have a high protein diet n consume around 100-120 gms of protein daily including my protein shakes n carbs or fats I don't really have a count.
      My everyday diet includes these things for sure...eggs, chicken, green veggies/salads.

Now, what to do to get rid of chubby face nn double chin...please need help.
      Last edited by Sanchit87; 23rd Jan 2014 at 21:10.
      11' BEAT LT TCDI | Back to Stock ICE :-(

CIVIC MUGEN RR | Milano Red | TEIN SS | Lenso Raiden Project D "Spec C" | Dunlop Direzza DZ101 | Dynamat Extreme | FatMat

hanging tight :/

Hungry

Sanchit87 your diet is perfect the only problem I see is with the weight lifting. The best way to reduce you fat around face and neck while maintaining the muscles is by increasing the repetition. For example if you do 10 reps in a set now then try to do 12 or 15 if you can. Going forward, do not increase the weight but keep increasing the reps. You can do 22-25 reps max in a set.

Also it has happened as you never spent any time on cardio. Cardio is a must once or twice per week if you doing heavy weight lifting. In my opinion, 3 days of weight lifting + 1 day for cardio will be perfect for you. We always need to have best combinations of both (Weight lifting and cardio). Apart from this include neck rotation exercise in your everyday warm-up.

These are my 2 cents, I hope will be helpful to you. FYI I am 26, and my weight is around 74 Kg with lien face and I go to gym 5 days in a week.
      Ghost Rider is Riding with the Potholes in Bangalore ..... :-[

Mugen Fever

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
      Sanchit87 your diet is perfect the only problem I see is with the weight lifting. The best way to reduce you fat around face and neck while maintaining the muscles is by increasing the repetition. For example if you do 10 reps in a set now then try to do 12 or 15 if you can. Going forward, do not increase the weight but keep increasing the reps. You can do 22-25 reps max in a set.

Also it has happened as you never spent any time on cardio. Cardio is a must once or twice per week if you doing heavy weight lifting. In my opinion, 3 days of weight lifting + 1 day for cardio will be perfect for you. We always need to have best combinations of both (Weight lifting and cardio). Apart from this include neck rotation exercise in your everyday warm-up.

These are my 2 cents, I hope will be helpful to you. FYI I am 26, and my weight is around 74 Kg with lien face and I go to gym 5 days in a week.
      Well, increasing the reps to 12-15 means not lifting heavy n light to medium weight with maximum reps is mainly for toning muscle n not for bulking up.
      As of now, I am still trying to increase muscle size a bit n bulk a bit n then start cutting phase for definition. Therefore as Of now, I am still bulking up n for that 6-8 reps with heavy weight is what I m doing.

Now coming to cardio, I am every paranoid about loosing all that precious muscle/fat I have gained in all these yrs by doing cardio.
      The thing is genetically I am very thin with narrow bone structure, an ectomorph basically. It was very very difficult to gain all this weight in muscle or fat, so now I am very happy with my weight n body structure n I don't want to loose any of that bulk. According to my height n weight, one might think that I would have a stocky/bulky build, but it isn't so due to my bone structure which even with this weight makes me look lean save for the face.

Now, Since my body type is such, I fear that even little bit of only cardio will make me loose weight. I've recently bought whole bunch of expensive clothes in medium to large size n I don't wanna go down to small or loose the fit...lol

Actually, sometimes I wanna do cardio but the fear of loosing weight/muscle even slightest bit, holds me back.
      Therefore I thought if something in the diet or some form of exercise targeted towards loosing double chin would be great.

Glad to know ur of same age n similar weight but I m sure u must b taller if u have a lean face. Thats good u go to the gym 5 days a week, I too used to be that regular in the first 2 yrs n then when I started to increase weight n started to bulk up I started taking a day off.

Btw, I doo drink, almost every weekend n drink heavy...if u know what I mean n I am a panjabi n we take our drinking very seriously....lol.
      Could this lead to double chin overtime ?
      11' BEAT LT TCDI | Back to Stock ICE :-(

CIVIC MUGEN RR | Milano Red | TEIN SS | Lenso Raiden Project D "Spec C" | Dunlop Direzza DZ101 | Dynamat Extreme | FatMat

hanging tight :/

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchit87 View Post
      Well, increasing the reps to 12-15 means not lifting heavy n light to medium weight with maximum reps is mainly for toning muscle n not for bulking up.
      As of now, I am still trying to increase muscle size a bit n bulk a bit n then start cutting phase for definition. Therefore as Of now, I am still bulking up n for that 6-8 reps with heavy weight is what I m doing.
      If you want to bulk up then continue the same weights but try doing 8-10 reps.

Now coming to cardio, I am every paranoid about loosing all that precious muscle/fat I have gained in all these yrs by doing cardio.
      The thing is genetically I am very thin with narrow bone structure, an ectomorph basically. It was very very difficult to gain all this weight in muscle or fat, so now I am very happy with my weight n body structure n I don't want to loose any of that bulk. According to my height n weight, one might think that I would have a stocky/bulky build, but it isn't so due to my bone structure which even with this weight makes me look lean save for the face.
      Dont worry one day of cardio will not make you loose muscles. Doing cardio more than 2 days a week will make you loose. Give it a shot for a month and you will get to know what I am talking about. But dont reduce your protein and carbs intake.

Glad to know ur of same age n similar weight but I m sure u must b taller if u have a lean face. Thats good u go to the gym 5 days a week, I too used to be that regular in the first 2 yrs n then when I started to increase weight n started to bulk up I started taking a day off.
      I am almost same height as yours. My height is 5 and 8(1/2)

Btw, I doo drink, almost every weekend n drink heavy...if u know what I mean n I am a panjabi n we take our drinking very seriously....lol.
      Well cant say if it can lead to double chin but yes it does make you increase fat. I know Punjabis very well as I am always surrounded by many and my girlfriend (soon to be wife) comes from a pure punjabi family
      Last edited by Ghost Rider; 23rd Jan 2014 at 23:08.
      Ghost Rider is Riding with the Potholes in Bangalore ..... :-[

ICE Keeda Reincarnated...

Awesome

Cummon Sanchit, you know it. There is nothing like spot reduction. You got to loose it all or leave it all. You got to burn more, either with heavy lifting or cardio (or HIT or whatever fancy name you waana take). I can relate to that feeling of loosing the muscles, while trying to loose fat but the truth is that you'll have to bear with that at some point. Even I hate that. Heck as soon as I stop my dose of creatine, I feel like shrunken log. Hate it but can't help it. Just reduce your calorie intake, it helps. Keep the carbs minimal (just covering your workout expense), without cutting down on the protein. Toning takes a lot of time so be patient and keep working out. You'll eventually reach there.

Just the same old formula. Eat more but burn even more. Alcohol might be one reason. Worst calories they are. Being a punjabi, even I can understand the daaru fetish. At least I've grown beyond that, you can as well.
      For Sale: Infinity Kappa 120.9w 12" Subwoofer (selectable 2/4 ohm) with sealed enclosure

Interested folks can PM me or sms/call me at 98181 seven zero seven two three.

Pioneer 80PRS | Hertz HDP-5 | Polk Audio MM6501 | Polk Audio DB571 | Infinity Kappa 120.9w

AutoBots India

Awesome

how to reduce the fat around my face
      cardio will help a lot buddy..i have lost a lot of fat around my face and neck in the past couple of years..solely because of cardio.
      i was 102 kgs and 6 ft. a couple of years back and i'm 84 kgs now (still reducing )

Now coming to cardio, I am every paranoid about loosing all that precious muscle/fat
      that depends..endurance running will make you lose muscle..like if you are on a treadmill, you can loose muscle/fat by jogging or medium pace running for long durations but if you run fast for short or medium durations, it wont lead to muscle loss.
      2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Avantgarde (w204)
      2017 Honda City iVtec
      2011 i20
      Winner- 301w-600w category Bass Battle (2016, Buddh International Circuit)
      Winner- 501-1000w category Bass Battle (2017, Shakedown DTU)
      Rainbow // Celestra // Rockford Fosgate // Sundown Audio // Digital Designs // Monster XLN // SHOK // Knukonceptz // Dynamat // Dampmat

TEAMRMS.IN
      FACEBOOK.COM/AUTOBOTSINDIA

Resident Visitor
      You ask any ricer, any serious
      ricer. It doesn't matter if
      the other guy is racing or
      not. A win is a win

Awesome

Yes. Alcohol can cause the face and neck getting chubby. Try to cut down on that.
      Jesus had a Honda.. John 12:49: 'For I did not speak of my own Accord'

2015 Maruti Alto K10 | 2012 Honda City | 2014 Mercedes Benz B180 CDI | 2008 Skoda Octavia

SELLING MY BELOVED HOME
      THEATER AND GAMING CONSOLE

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
      Try to cut down on that.
      Yes! dilute well .

Thread Information