• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CARCARes - OMR

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

CARCARes - OMR

Foam Wash

One day I noticed the car was too dirty and needed some TLC so decided to give it a wash but thought about all the work to be done and decided lets take it to a professional for a Regular wash/ Foam wash ( wtv. they call it) . And thought about who I could give it to ? And felt 3M was too far away in Santhome and AFAIK CARCARes was good too. In fact I got my Paint sealant done there. So decided to go there for it but had to make sure that they take more care and effort in keeping my car as swirl free as I can. So called them up at +919884622737

So this is what happened between me and Mr. Prince of Carcares (PC - Prince Carcares)

PC : Hello Carcares !
      ME : Hi ! I would like to do your regular wash, whats it called ?
      PC : Sir, its called foam wash !
      ME : Ok cool can you tell me more about it ?
      PC : Sir it includes a the car being washed with a pressure washer then it gets foamed then wiped down and then underbody cleaning, wheel arch cleaning , tyre dressing, engine bay cleaning, and basic cleaning of interior plastics.
      ME : Ok good, now what do you use to dry wipe/dry the car ?
      PC : Sir ? What ? ( Must be thinking I'm a retard )
      ME : Well what do you use to wipe the car ? To make it dry and stuff ?
      PC : Sir for regular use banyan cloth is enough !
      ME : (* shit they use banyan cloth on cars ? *) Wait you use banyan cloth ? You don't use microfiber towels ?
      PC : Yes sir we use only microfiber towels .
      ME : Good so can I come now in 20 minutes ?
      PC : Uhhh ! Yeah sure sir.

So I make it there and guess what I see

This is the first thing I see there, you can guess my excitement.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140124_145516.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	637.1 KB 
ID:	170317
      This was already and waiting for it's customer to pick it up. It was covered. Good care to see it's not contaminated.

Name:	20140124_145521.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	588.6 KB 
ID:	170318
      Now i've always seen this guy work this machine. He s one of the guys who handles the major works I guess.

Name:	20140124_145439.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	727.0 KB 
ID:	170316

So well I was made to wait
      Well I kind of asked for it Gave them a 20 Min heads up and turned up there sooner than expected. And I didn't mind waiting gave me more time to see how they work on the other cars. Not to mention they also had a great customer lounge.

Here are a few pics
      This is the sitting area. Has some comfy sofa's . A good TV with a DishTV connection, bone chilling A/C and glass panels all around so you can have an eye on your possesion and others

Name:	20140124_150444.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	170320
      It currently had a great view ( I meant the porsche not the pic of the chick on the glass panel )

Name:	20140124_150542.jpg 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	170321
      They also retail in Meguiars products . This is all they had on display .

Name:	20140124_150440.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	707.3 KB 
ID:	170319

Now I started walking around the place and analysing what they were doing to the cars and so on.
      I first went to look at the Porsche. God she was a beauty. It was getting detailing done . Some form apparently.

From what I noticed the masking wasn't done properly and they missed a few places.
      Click on all pictures to view it bigger.

Name:	20140124_145448.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	170322
      You can see they missed some chrome.

Name:	20140124_145458.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	170323
      There were many more spots but I was too lazy to take pics of each one.

Now I started to talk to Mr. Price who was there . I introduced myself and told him I was the psycho who called and asked about the towels. And asked him to show me the towels to which he pointed to some on a chair . And they were rough not even like a MF towel. Barely soft and barely had a bit of the original color.

Here is a pic

Name:	20140124_145533.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	170324

It put a fright on to me that they would use this on the Jag and Porsche and worse on my car .
      Then told these are a no go and don't use them. Showed him the towels I use to maintain the car with which are Gold Plush Jr which I got from Keystone. And told him this is what I use. I told him IF YOU MUST, USE THESE TOWELS on MY CAR. He said ok, I'll ask them to use it.

Then did some more nosing around and Mr. Jerry appeared. He AFAIK is the owner of this enterprise and has great passion and knowledge in the field. He told me he was in this field for the past 4 years last time. Now I met him and asked for 5 minutes of his time. To which he replied surely and asked me to wait for a min till he has a look at the Porsche . He had a look at it noticed the masking wasn't right and did it himself. This I found was good and made me feel that the place although might not have EXEMPLARY employee's it has a great boss.

Jerry himself taping up the car.

Name:	20140124_150729.jpg 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	170325

Now then we went on into the lounge and started talking.
      This will be an overview of what was spoken :

I told him that I am a member of Gearheads and I plan to do a review on his place and the Foam wash that they do. Yes I said this hoping for special treatment but nah didn't happen which gave me a thought of equal treatment. ( some places offer good and bad service based on what you do and what car you bring in, carcares showed none of that ) . So he said ok and we spoke for more time where I told him I wasn't happy with the state of the cloth's they were using and showed concern for it causing swirls on the car. Now what he told me was they have many cloths and they change them every 3-4 months and that they have 6 types of MF towel s and use all 6 on the Foam wash. He said that he cannot use a New MF for every wash to which I agreed and said yes true. But this was no excuse for bad MF's which may cause more harm then good. He said they use a certain kind of leather which is imported from singapore every month for this and I retains water much better than MF towels. And showed it to me. It was something I have never seen. It also had a weird name .. Chamois. Then he said that for cars with good condition paint he used good MF's and for cars which have very dull paint and in bad condition he doesn't waste the MF's . I really didn't know how to react for that. And he further told me that the Water that's used on the car is not from the area of the shed/franchise but from the outskirts of the city. He said that the water locally available is not good and so he gets trucks to bring them in and that he has a huge sump to hold it all . This was good news and we spoke more about the industry and so on and out common friends and so on and so forth.

Later I went and observed them wash a Force One SUV

The car was taken. Thoroughly blasted with a pressure washer. The staff missed many bird droppings in the initial pressure wash of the car and didn't do anything about it when I even pointed it out to them. They simply carried on by spraying foam on to the car and then a guy takes a Meguiars wash mitt and starts wiping the car down. Now he didn't take his hand even once of the car. He used the mitt to wipe all over the paint back and forth and in circular manner and over the dirty glass and the foot board and so on without even once removing even the small amount of bird dropping he picked up . Then the car was rinsed with the pressure washer and then dried with the chamois leather towel . And same it was rubbed all over the car and then thrown in a bucket of dirty water. They used a old dirty wash mitt for the wheels and a brush between the lug nuts. Overall quality was fair. Nothing to be excited about .

Here are some pics
      Initially the car was sprayed with water.

Name:	20140124_145852.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	170327
      The car was then foamed and they missed a few of the lower panels I guess thinking the foam would trickle down and take care of the rest.

Name:	20140124_150058.jpg 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	170328
      This was after the entire process was completed

Name:	20140124_161524.jpg 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	170326

As you can notice there is still dirt.

To be continued.
      Last edited by nitin; 25th Jan 2014 at 01:17.
      '08 Suzuki Swift - 1.3 VXI - sold
      '13 Skoda Rapid TDI - 1.6 Code6'd - sold
      '11 Honda Civic - 1.8 VMT - FFE + Intake - sold
      '12 Hyundai Verna Fluidic - 1.4 VTVT
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT
      '16 Suzuki Alto K10 AMT VXI(o)

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

So next up was my beloved car. After seeing the force one I was in 2 minds but decided to do it.

So the car was taken . The floor mats were removed and separately vacuumed the carpet was also vacuumed and so was the seats. Now all my belongings were left in the car and none was touched they were removed then placed exactly as they were before and nothing was missing. Even the crap I wanted to throw was kept safely. Now the car was sent into the wash bay. The pressure washer was taken and the car was blasted with water. They had a separate nozzle in the shape of a V to clean the underbody. The wheel arches, mud flaps etc were cleaned thoroughly. The car was then blasted and as they had done on the force one they missed a few spots on the car. But I pointed it out to them and had it done. Yes I was being a PITA to the cleaner but if anything were to happen on my car it's gonna be done proper. The car was sprayed properly . Now earlier Mr. Jerry had suggested to me to do a shampoo wash instead of a foam wash since he believed there was still a small bit of sealant left on the car. So I asked him to advise his men accordingly. The guy took a bucket with some clean water added a cap of meguiars hyper wash shampoo and made the solution. There was no grit guard used or a clean water bucket. The guy dropped in a meguiars wash mitt and he used it to wipe down the car in the same manner as the Force One. The mitt was used all over the paint the glass constantly but since this was a shampoo bucket wash he kept dipping the mitt into the shampoo bucket to wet it and then continued wiping on the car. In the end I noticed the wash mitt had gotten dirty at one part and it was obvious that that part was used on the paint and swirls were made. . But nothing left to do. They then took a old wash mitt and cleaned the alloys and they had missed the tow hook so got them to do that again as well . Now after this the car was dried with the chamois towel. They were going to buff the car with their old MF towels. But I gave them my towel and insisted that they buff the car with that only. The cleaner actually held it and seemed shocked by the softness and buffed the car using it. Now the interiors were wiped with some liquid and tyre gel was used to clean the tyre's . Some plastic cleaner was used and all plastics were wiped . This was used inside and outside the car. The car was finally finished I thought . But they kept missing places which I kept pointing out and this stretched on for about 30-45 mins. So now the car was done finally and I was very happy. It was very clean.

Here are some Pics;
      Before : Outside

Name:	20140124_145857.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	170345
      Before : Floormats & Carpet

Name:	20140124_150949.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	858.2 KB 
ID:	170346

Name:	20140124_150954.jpg 
Size:	709.0 KB 
ID:	170347

Work starts

Vacuuming

Name:	20140124_150833.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	170348

Car Enters wash bay.

Name:	20140124_155203.jpg 
Size:	675.8 KB 
ID:	170349

Wheel wells being washed

Name:	20140124_155212.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	170350

Some of the drops being removed post wiping with Vaccum

Name:	20140124_164358.jpg 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	170351
      If you notice closely you can see a yellow towel. Thats my towel which I gave for buffing.

The Pressure washer :
      An Amazing KARCHER Professional HD 7/17-4M

Name:	20140124_155251.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	170336

Now the stunner's
      The after shots

Name:	20140124_173019.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	170337

Name:	20140124_173028.jpg 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	170338

Name:	20140124_173112.jpg 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	170339

The grille. Its black again and not grey

Name:	20140124_173204.jpg 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	170340
      The wheels look gooooood .

Name:	20140124_173153.jpg 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	170341

The interiors :

Name:	20140124_173101.jpg 
Size:	657.9 KB 
ID:	170342

Name:	20140124_173104.jpg 
Size:	704.5 KB 
ID:	170343

Name:	20140124_173136.jpg 
Size:	687.9 KB 
ID:	170344

Overall Satisfaction for what they say : 7/10

More details on Carcares , pro's cons on next post.
      Last edited by nitin; 25th Jan 2014 at 02:41.
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

Here is the Ratings

Materials used : 6/10
      Attention to detail : 5/10
      Not causing swirls : 7/10
      Punctuality : 5/10 ( Based on past experience and other customers )
      Finish : 5/10 ( Because engine bay cleaning was told to me but not done )
      Dedication (Mr.Jerry) : 9/10
      Dedication (Employees) : 7/10
      Eager-ness to please : 9/10
      Customer Lounge : 10/10
      Value for money : 8/10 ( For average layman )
      VFM : 6/10 ( For someone who know's the costs involved excluding labour )

Average : 7/10

Quite a good Rating I would say. Hopefully more of their customer's could post reviews of their services.

The Review is solely based on my views and I have no commercial affiliation with Carcares or have I taken some bribe
      Other's views will be appreciated.
      Last edited by nitin; 25th Jan 2014 at 03:09.
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT

"Cogito Ergo Sum"

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by nitin View Post
      So how much did you pay?

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
      So how much did you pay?
      506 inclusive of 14.5% VAT .
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT

Life's Boring !!!

Awesome

Chandigarh (Paradise) - Indrapuram (Vertical Slum)
      Did they use any waxing or interior detailing product or was it just interior vacuum clean and tyre detailing with shampoo wash ?

driveclean.in

Awesome

This is the major part once you've the employees. Jerry is a passionate guy, but you can't expect from his employees. When boss is there, you get good things Otherwise

These guys are doing all premium cars and having a tieup with "Madras Exotic car club". so, you can see those beauties there.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Secret

Here's their FB page. https://www.facebook.com/carcares
      I usually wash my car my self. I do visit them occasionally. As I am not very keen on finer detail, in my opinion they do a decent job. Mr. Jerry is really good and always run behind his employees pushing/training them. I think these workers frequently switch jobs, so he has to keep on training new ones on what to do and what not.
      Last edited by soundar; 27th Jan 2014 at 17:46.
      Life is Beautiful Conditions Apply

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by back2u4u View Post
      Did they use any waxing or interior detailing product or was it just interior vacuum clean and tyre detailing with shampoo wash ?
      They used some plastic cleaner and some rubber cleaning something. The plastics and all ruber parts were black and clean after that. No wax or anything. It costs 1.5k + .. As you see no $

Quote Originally Posted by baranjil View Post
      but you can't expect from his employees. When boss is there, you get good things Otherwise
      100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by soundar View Post
      I think these workers frequently switch jobs, so he has to keep on training new ones on what to do and what not.
      Yes true. He also told me that Labour was the most expensive and tedious part of the whole franchise.
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT

Born to drive cars & bikes

Awesome

Here is the Ratings

Materials used : 6/10
      Attention to detail : 5/10
      Not causing swirls : 7/10
      Punctuality : 5/10 ( Based on past experience and other customers )
      Finish : 5/10 ( Because engine bay cleaning was told to me but not done )
      Eager-ness to please : 9/10
      Customer Lounge : 10/10
      VFM : 6/10 ( For someone who know's the costs involved excluding labour )

Average : 7/10

Quite a good Rating I would say. Hopefully more of their customer's could post reviews of their services.

The Review is solely based on my views and I have no commercial affiliation with Carcares or have I taken some bribe
      Other's views will be appreciated.
      Ya nitin its a nicely made review....i have been there once and i too felt they had several merits & demerits and now i dont want to travel such a long distance just for cleaning and now i have been regular to a place called CARS INN at nungambakkam(Near Loyola college) who do a pretty neat job & VFM & above all i liked the courtesy & dedication of the person Arun

Just give it a try if you are nearby

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information