• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Engine Oil for Tata Manza Safire

Believe yourself !!

Awesome

Engine Oil for Tata Manza Safire

Today, i gave my car to service in KHT motors in Bangalore.. My car has clocked 35,000 Kms .. I changed the engine oil once when it clocked 20,000 kms and i was not satisfied with the oil what Tata has used. Hence, I changed the engine oil when i clocked 27,000 kms and drained all the old oil and used Shell Helix. The performance was too good and i could not feel the engine is running. Before i could move to Shell Helix, i checked the same with KHT motors that if i change the oil to Shell, whether the extended warranty of my car will still be applicable. The service center person told me that using a different brand of oil will have nothing to do with the car warranty. After having this clarified, i changed to Shell Helix. Today when i gave my car for service, the service engineer told me that your extended warranty has expired due to different brand of engine oil you have used. He also said that Tata authorizes only Petronas engine oil. About few months back, Tata said that they authorize only castrol engine oil. I was surprised to hear from him and told that i did change post confirming from this same service center. I could not find anyone of the old engineers as most of the faces today i saw were new.

I want to understand from this forum, whether such thing has anything to do with warranty of a car ?

The Terminator

Awesome

As per my knowledge, TML recommends Mobil 1, Petronas engine oils. They put Petronas to my Manza QJD last time. Kindly forward this issue to TML Customer Care.
      Rabid Dog Club - Bite First, Bark Later.

A well oiled machine

Awesome

How come they were able to find out you changed oil of different grade?

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

What grade of oil did you put in?
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by arvindhns View Post
      the service engineer told me that your extended warranty has expired due to different brand of engine oil you have used.
      I would check this out further. What he is trying to tell you is that Tata makes very bad cars. Check it out with the factory. I can use any oil or spare part in my 11 year old car and the VW mobility guarantee is still active. I only need to take the main services with them.. All oil changes in between are done by me using my oil of choice.

New begining..

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      What he is trying to tell you is that Tata makes very bad cars
      Wrong. The Problem lies, once again, not with the car, but with our brilliant TASC engineers..
      When two SE's say two completely different stories, you know for sure, you are at a TASC..
      Stay Sedate

The Terminator

Awesome

It's just TASC lying here. Just forward this issue to Tata Motors Customer Care. They will correct it.
      Rabid Dog Club - Bite First, Bark Later.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

You must consult your manual as I am sure there are more than one brand of engine oil recommended. My manual says Petronas and Mobil1....People at the service centre have individual knowledge and very strong opinions. I don't think they ever bother to read any literature of the car they claim to be expert of. You must complaint to the service centre.

Believe yourself !!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by keerthi View Post
      How come they were able to find out you changed oil of different grade?
      The grade that i used is within the specification of Tata Motors.. I changed only the brand. In fact they don't have anything to find which oil you use.. As many of us know that service centers usually will not use oils like shell ... I voluntarily told them that the engine oil that i use is shell and do not mix with the oil what you use in case if you have to top up.

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

So long as the grade of oil is the same or better than what is specified in the service manual, you cannot be denied warranty.

Instead of arguing with the dealer, just ignore him. Tell them warranty is a manufacturers warranty - not a dealer one.. so you will take it up with Tata should the situation arise.

Make sure you sign nothing which mentions oil WITHOUT the grade and specs alongside.
      Last edited by kb100; 22nd Mar 2014 at 16:33.
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Thread Information