• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vento TSI Ownership experince

Freestyle 1.5D, Vento TSI

Awesome

Vento TSI Ownership experince

Hey guys.
      So finally upgraded to a new VW Vento TSI.I joined this forum back in 2010 or so i believe when i started to look for an upgrade and yes it took me 4 years to decide on one
      Anyway this how i I went about to end up on a Vento.

Initially was looking for an AT for around 6L to replace my Santro and the choices were extremely limited.
      EcoSport
      Finally after a long time decided id go for the 2nd Gen Fiesta AT.Went to Malayalam FORD,Cochin to book one and around those days i came across the EcoSport rumors hence i held back my booking till i got some news on the ES.Once the showroom too started getting some updates i told them to notify as soon as the ES bookings open.June 2013 i booked my ES and the estimated delivery time was 3 months( yeah don't laugh ).I sold my santro by then expecting to get the ES some time in 3-5 months at least.Well...rest is history.Millions of mails and calls to FORD and i finally lost hope and cancelled my booking.

All new CITY

Then came the City.Booked the CITY CVT SV back in January and once the delivery started in March i realized i wouldn't be getting my car any time soon either.My dealer had just received 1 AT variant and i was the 25th in the waiting list
      So there went the CITY.

VERNA
      Started looking for other options since traveling with Family without a car was getting frustrating.My dealer promised me a delivery in 10 days and even provided me with a TD of the AT.Overall the car is a good buy,looks great,good features & interiors but the 4 speed gearbox was putting me off!and FE for that box was also a concern.

Sunny CVT
      I guess the most bland car around?I feel NISSAN did mess up few things with the SUNNY,nothing exciting about it and the rubber band effect of the CVT on the highways was also a concern.The AT comes only in one variant with textiles seats and a poor feature list.

POLO/Vento TSI
      I had been looking at both these cars from the beginning but the waiting periods for the TSI variants were long,3 months!So that was dropped.I had TD the GT TSI and boy that was fun!Definitely the hottest car you can buy in a 13 L budget!The POLO's rear leg room was a concern and even the boot space...and that's when the Vento TSI came along! A POLO GT TSI with a huge boot and rear leg room!Exactly what i wanted.My dealer informed me the waiting period is again 3 months but they have one BLACK in their inventory.

Now i start to settle on the Vento TSI but the DSG voes were really bothering me.and i was informed by the dealer that no extended warranty was available.I said good bye.

Few weeks later after realizing i wouldn't be getting my CITY soon i shoot a mail to VW regarding the Ex.Warranty and they inform me that its available now!I call my dealer and they confirm the same and they still have the VENTO in stock.

I drop by the showroom and for the first time took a long hard look at the VENTO.Was mighty impressed.The interiors were definitely a notch above its competition,it felt good to be in the cabin and the leg room all around was superb.Somehow looked passed the DSG issues and also confirmed with the Service Manager and VW's customer service that this particular VENTO had Mineral Oil in the box and also had the latest patch fixes.

Not boring you guys with too many pics but here is just one.

The Ride
      Im following a 1000KM Run-In so i haven't opened her up yet
      But overall im pretty happy,the interiors feel like a good place to be in,material quality is good and outside noise levels are pretty low too.The DSG has been very slick so far,shifts are seamless except when a quick downshift to the 2nd gear is involved,it jerks every time and the box seems to go for a higher gear every time when driven sedately.Even around the 5kmph its slotted in the second gear and past 60 you can find yourself in 7th most of the time but floor the pedal and it does down shift and starts gaining speed.

Have done only 600km so far,so much more to explore still.So far its returning a figure of 12kmpl with most of the driving in the city itself.Some cons i have are
      -The Beige interiors are prone to getting dirt very soon,VW needs to offer some darker colors
      -Only 2 airbags is definitely a let down for this segment
      -Electrically foldable mirrors are sorely missed.
      -AC takes a bit to cool the cabin in a hot day.
      Only accessories i got are-

Upgraded the HU to BLAUPUNKT Philadelphia 835 with reverse cam.Great OEM finish are a pretty decent one overall.Though there are some irritating things like
      -the Mute button on the steering doesn't pause the Music like the stock system
      -Radio reception is tad lower
      -cant use the steering mounted buttons to auto seek the FM stations

I also got the OEM VW Vento textile mats for 3k,only to realize a day later that these are for the older vento and the bottom clips that lock onto the floor do not match

Anyway will update with some pics and more details as i accumulate some miles
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1959266_10153882517365058_280477283_n.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	176056  

Last edited by Ranjith; 23rd Mar 2014 at 15:49.

Allergic to Morons and
      Retards..

Awesome

Congrats Ranjith on the new addiction..
      Maruti Wagon R | Hyundai Verna | Volkswagen Vento

A well oiled machine

Awesome

Congrats Ranjith on your Vento. Talk to your ICE installer and ask him to get you Steering wheel control adaptor for your car.

Awesome

Thanks guys
      Quote Originally Posted by keerthi View Post
      Congrats Ranjith on your Vento. Talk to your ICE installer and ask him to get you Steering wheel control adaptor for your car.
      I think i wasn't clear,my bad.The BP830 is a direct fit,the Steering controls work without an adapter.The problem is that with the stock RCD if i pressed mute on the steering the music would pause too unlike now.Now it does get mute but the music continues playing.and i can tune the radio station by on increment from the steering but it does no allow the auto seek!

Or maybe im missing something

Awesome

BTW since this is going to be a long term car i was thinking about getting the under body coating done from 3M but the VW guy said you don't need to do that on a VW o.O.How true is this?

Allergic to Morons and
      Retards..

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjith View Post
      BTW since this is going to be a long term car i was thinking about getting the under body coating done from 3M but the VW guy said you don't need to do that on a VW o.O.How true is this?
      Getting an underbody coat rom 3M makes verna more silent inside the cabin. I have seen the same in my 2009 gen verna. Less noise used to reach inside the cabin, but when I did a underbody coating, it made a lot of difference from there. now in case of VW vento, I was also told by VW and 3M that it is not required.but they would do that if I insist.
      Maruti Wagon R | Hyundai Verna | Volkswagen Vento

Gearheads Rule!!!

Secret

Congrats on your new car. Its a fabulous car and Vento looks hot in Black, especially those alloys. Yes you dont need an underbody coating for Vento. Almost all new cars come with under body coating.

Also the song getting paused when volume is muted is a feature of the stock VW/Skoda HU's and is not available in Blaupunkt HU's.

Dream Garage is coming soon!!!

Awesome

Congrats and welcome to Vento club Ranjith.TSI is one heck when it comes to drivability.Myself own a Vento TDi.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by shekjsk View Post
      Congrats on your new car. Its a fabulous car and Vento looks hot in Black, especially those alloys. Yes you dont need an underbody coating for Vento. Almost all new cars come with under body coating.

Also the song getting paused when volume is muted is a feature of the stock VW/Skoda HU's and is not available in Blaupunkt HU's.
      yes i was surprised ans happy when the music stopped while muting..was a nice feature.
      Do you have any experience with the BP830? seems like the whole thing gets messed up when i put my songs on the USB Drive on Random.Its stops after each song and i have to manually play again -_- also the ID3 tags get messed up!.All fine when i switch of Random though.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2960[1].jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1,005.0 KB 
ID:	176257
      Quote Originally Posted by Ventoman View Post
      Congrats and welcome to Vento club Ranjith.TSI is one heck when it comes to drivability.Myself own a Vento TDi.
      Yes!i haven't pushed it and it still feels great.I thoroughly enjoyed my TD on the GT TSI too.
      Last edited by Ranjith; 24th Mar 2014 at 19:05.

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

Yes!i haven't pushed it and it still feels great.I thoroughly enjoyed my TD on the GT TSI too.
      You should drive it evenly on all gears at all RPM's. Use trip-tonic if you need to . Occasionally flooring it will help the engine open up more. If u drive slow for the first few 1000 kms you ecu will get adapted to that driving style and later when you push it it wont sync up to expected levels. Drive how you would normally drive with occasional instances where you floor the throttle so your ecu and engine gets used to YOUR driving style .

Cheer's welcome to the VAG club
      '08 Suzuki Swift - 1.3 VXI - sold
      '13 Skoda Rapid TDI - 1.6 Code6'd - sold
      '11 Honda Civic - 1.8 VMT - FFE + Intake - sold
      '12 Hyundai Verna Fluidic - 1.4 VTVT
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT
      '16 Suzuki Alto K10 AMT VXI(o)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information