• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 79 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Bangalore RTO - Petition Against Harassment of Non-KA registered Vehicle Owners & Imposing Life-Time Tax

Believe yourself !!

Awesome

Bangalore RTO - Petition Against Harassment of Non-KA registered Vehicle Owners & Imposing Life-Time Tax

Dear Gearheads community,

This is in continuation with some of our previous posts related to harassment of Bangalore RTO officials on forcing the citizens to pay the life time tax for other state registered vehicles that runs on Bangalore Roads. We need strong and committed members who can provide valuable suggestion and fight for justice to bring this harassment to an end that is going for over a decade.

Although we could see the official release on implementing Uniform road tax across the country from Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, that could bring relief for other state registered vehicles as well. But, still there are many uncertainties on when this new law will be implemented. Having said that, in case if Karnataka does not implement this new rule from April 1 2014, then we need to look for some other options

1. Pay yearly tax for other state registered vehicles as many of them who comes to bangalore are for a short stay for 2 to 3 years.

2. Work out a separate tax structure for other state registered cars based on the market depreciation value with lower % as when we sell other state registered cars in bangalore, it will hardly fetch anything

We need to see who can help us in finding a good lawyer who can get a stay on RTO's forcing us to pay LTT (Life time Tax ) unless something gets concluded.

EDIT:
      Signature campaign initiated on CHANGE.ORG.

Petition | Rationalization of road tax or Allow paying Annual Road Tax for Non KA registered Vehicles. | Change.org

Crossed 1,000 Votes! Thanks!
      Last edited by Digital Vampire; 31st Jul 2014 at 09:39. Reason: Added Signature Campaign into first post

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Im in
      Clarion NX-706| Biketronics BT4180 | Sinfoni Allegro | Soundigital 1200.1 | Audible Physics Brahma6W | Audible Physics NZ3AlBe | Morel Ultimo | Klotz 12ga LY225t| Mogami RCA| Pure Silver RCA

Believe yourself !!

Awesome

We need someone to guide us with a good lawyer .. Anyone in Bangalore know the best lawyer ?

Speed!!!!

Awesome

Bangalorians Help us
      |Skoda Rapid Elegance TDI |--| Ford FIGO 1.4 TDCI TITANIUM| Yamaha R-15 |

Hastalavista
      Potential to GND

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by arvindhns View Post
      Anyone in Bangalore know the best lawyer ?
      Metalspree - will you be able to consult your lawyer and provide some leads?

Tagging Jalex also, for his opinion. Not sure if he checks GH these days...
      What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

Spammer™

Secret

silversteed will do today.

Believe yourself !!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Metalspree View Post
      silversteed will do today.
      any update you got ?

Meanwhile, i did some google search yesterday and found that there are many lawyers in lawyersclubindia.com website. I did send a mail to one of the lawyer explaining the issue and seek his advise. He replied stating to file a writ petition in High court. The problem is, this advocate is based out of Hyderabad and not sure whether this would help us as we being in Bangalore.

Spammer™

Secret

any update you got ?

Meanwhile, i did some google search yesterday and found that there are many lawyers in lawyersclubindia.com website. I did send a mail to one of the lawyer explaining the issue and seek his advise. He replied stating to file a writ petition in High court. The problem is, this advocate is based out of Hyderabad and not sure whether this would help us as we being in Bangalore.
      A PIL has to be submitted in the high court and all PIL's are heard by the Chief Justice and it has to be filed by a senior lawyers else the Justice can decline it. A good senior lawyer will cost upwards of 10,000 INR per hour. There are folks who charge even 1L per session. The whole case can take 6 months. I have asked my lawyer to get back to me with the total info.
      piyush7243, silversteed

Toll Free Suresh

Awesome

Mate, I appreciate your sincere efforts in getting a lawyer to file a petition against the KA govt for imposing this stupid role. Finding a genuine lawyer is a difficult one. I wish to share my experience of hiring a lawyer to file a case against the land owner. I know both these are not related to each other.
      I purchased land from DECCAN PROPERTIES close to Sunguvarchathram in 2007 along with 2 of my office colleagues and host of other people both from KA and TN. We paid only 40% of the land price initially and the rest after registration.The owner said that the price quoted /sq ft was a pre launch offer and that he will get approval from TN govt. This owner had offices at bangalore and chennai. Call it bad luck we had the 2008 recession. In the meanwhile he sent the registered documents to all the land owners but unknown to all of us there was some issue of getting the land from the local villagers.
      Slowly but steadily he closed the office in chennai at ashok nagar. Meanwhile i relocated to chennai in october 2008. We then tried to contact him at the bangalore office but he was not to be seen. Only his subordinates were there. They kept telling stories about why there was no further progress on the land in terms of allocating sites. It was then we realized it was a major land scam.
      We then formed a group in GOOGLE called FIGHT AGAINST DECCAN PROPERTIES by involving all the customers from KA and TN. My friend in chennai had some contacts with a person who worked in a local tamil news paper called DINA THANTHI. An article came out in the paper highlighting the accused's name as to how he has cheated the public.
      I think he saw the newspaper and called up my friend as to why we have to tarnish his image. I dont know what happened next. We then decided to go by the legal approach to arrest him. We then met a lawyer who fought for the accused in the ANUBHAV PLANTATIONS SCAM. He directed us to file an FIR.
      Myself and my chennai colleagues approached the kanchipuram DIG to file an FIR seeking is arrest in bangalore. But the DIG wanted one of us to accompany the constables in the jeep. Not sure why.
      Meanwhile some of my chennai colleagues went to bangalore on their own to keep a watch on his location as to when he comes and leaves. With this the kanchipuram police managed to arrest all of his colleagues but him.
      The accused then sent an insolvency petition to all the owners mentioning how much money he has. We then decided to hire a different lawyer to challenge him. But this was of no use to us. He gave a good lecture as to why all this is happening and the collusion between the police , lawyers and the accused in general.
      We then gave up this case for good as we were all convinced that we will never get our money back.

Now coming to this, may be there is a common understanding between the govt, lawyers etc as regards to this tax collection. Finding a genuine lawyer is difficult. This will take time. I am not sure if the govt intends to this after march 31st.

Please not that i am not discouraging you but cautioning you that things are not that easy especially when the govt itself is the culprit.

Hastalavista
      Potential to GND

Awesome

A PIL has to be submitted in the high court and all PIL's are heard by the Chief Justice and it has to be filed by a senior lawyers else the Justice can decline it.
      Thank you, and looking forward to hear from you/your lawyer regarding the finer details.

A good senior lawyer will cost upwards of 10,000 INR per hour...
      I'm sure there are quite a few affected parties, and the combined strength would bring down the expense incurred per person to go forward. Right, yzfrj, Digital Vampire, piyush7243, suresh_gs and others?

EDIT:
      Quote Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
      Please not that i am not discouraging you but cautioning you that things are not that easy especially when the govt itself is the culprit
      I'm afraid, we're comparing two different scenarios. There's no criminal conspiracy involved here, nor is there any form of cheating by anybody - in legal terms (otherwise, yes. We are being looted). But I do agree that things are not as easy as they sound.
      Last edited by silversteed; 26th Mar 2014 at 09:47.
      What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

Page 1 of 79 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information